Timona

I thought I'd seen it all

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

1. I sent like 30 pages for ROC evidences, half being bank statements for the 4/5 months preceding my filing. Anyway, I got approved last month.

2. I know of some people, in real life and VJ, who send bulky evidences, in cartons. They get approved. 

3. Now I know of a case which sent just I-751 alone with 1 or 2 years tax return and got approved during this COVID19 time, without RFE. Now this one baffles me. I know to each their own and quality is better than quantity, but just one evidence? Mmmm 🤔. This is a complete polar opposite of 2 above

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Removing Conditions forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
24 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

You can’t compare your case to anyone else’s and you also cannot judge a case based on surface-level information that’s may or may not even be accurate. Each case is unique. One couple might actually need a binder of evidence and still gets asked for more, whilst other couples are so low risk that commingling finances are convincing enough. 

Your case is already approved so I’m unsure why this would matter to anyone but the adjudicator. Be happy for those with uncomplicated approvals and hope for the best for those still waiting. That’s all there is to it. 

Please re-read my message. You totally missed the message. It is to be a topic about how people handled evidences differently and were approved; merely a statistic collection thread about the different ways people handled their cases.

Nowhere in it did I mention other people's evidences as useless or others as better. Similarly, I am not complaining nor unhappy that people are being approved.  

Sometimes in writing a story, you fetch far and wide before bringing your point home. My point was number 3. I've never seen nor encountered that until today. And I know the individual personally. So, I was merey bringing it in for record keeping on VJ, both for today's members and those in the future. 

Re-read 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Adjudicators have the whole A-file in front of them when reviewing an application, so they take in account previous evidence.

There are many factors that influence a decision, and some of them we might not know of -who knows if the agents have more leniency with gorgeous couples-. 😆

Timeline
1 minute ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Adjudicators have the whole A-file in front of them when reviewing an application, so they take in account previous evidence.

There are many factors that influence a decision, and some of them we might not know of -who knows if the agents have more leniency with gorgeous couples-. 😆

Now you're someone who understood the message. 

My wife would beg to differ. She tells me I'm ugly. Seems USCIS thinks otherwise.  Or the biometrics lady must have done a good job. I should buy her one for the road. 

And I know adjudication is different.  Just baffled me that 2 tax returns actually worked and no RFE was issued. Hahah. I believe there's never been such a case here on VJ, none that I've come across in my 4/5 years as a member. 

3 minutes ago, Timona said:

My wife would beg to differ. She tells me I'm ugly. Seems USCIS thinks otherwise.  Or the biometrics lady must have done a good job. I should buy her one for the road. 

And I know adjudication is different.  Just baffled me that 2 tax returns actually worked and no RFE was issued. Hahah. I believe there's never been such a case here on VJ, none that I've come across in my 4/5 years as a member. 

Hahaha. Maybe you're the adjudicators type! 😅

And maybe the case with just 2 tax returns was a blessing for the agent: he/she didn't need to go through thousands of pages. 

Filed: Timeline

I appreciate you posting this for the 'record'. 

A few things come to mind-

Is the couple military? Clergy? Lawyers? Basically any profession where its considered to have GMC or background checks? 

Do they have children? I believe the form asks you to submit childrens birth certificates. Would be interesting if they had children and did not submit the birth certificates and this was the outcome.

What nationality are they? And with out getting too specific what service center/local office/region of the US was this?

Were they interviewed by USCIS before in the process? K doesnt always need an interview at AOS.

The above is just general information for context that may explain why this occurred (if it did, which brings me to my next point-)

Before we all go referring to this as a fluke in the adjudication process-  I would suggest confirming the story with both members of the couple. Could be a situation where one spouse is oblivious to all the behind the scenes work the other is doing and maybe misinformed thinking that was all they sent because thats all they know of that the other spouse sent if you get what Im saying. I know I personally handle all the finances and paperwork in our house and quite often I will hear my husband make comments that cause me to roll my eyes. He'll be like yeah we refinanced the mortgage and it was super easy, just signed some stuff and printed out my pension letter- but in reality I sent them tons of documents. But because his participation was simply getting his pension statement printed and doing the actual signing to him thats all the process was. 

6 minutes ago, Timona said:

I've had "clients" at the immigration clinic who filed one tax transcript, a birth certificate for a newborn and a total of 7 or 8 extra pages get approved and people with 100 pages get an RFE.  My observation, based on multiple cases, is a new child is a very helpful positive.

It is all about how it is presented.  Mary and I are about to submit ours in July and there is less then 15 pages that will be included.  We don't file taxes together.  She is a licensed caregiver, nursing student, and has been vetted for those as well as Global Entry and TWIC programs.

Like @Villanelle pointed out - events involving GMC and backgrounds checks are all positives.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

I appreciate you posting this for the 'record'. 

A few things come to mind-

Is the couple military? Clergy? Lawyers? Basically any profession where its considered to have GMC or background checks? 

Do they have children? I believe the form asks you to submit childrens birth certificates. Would be interesting if they had children and did not submit the birth certificates and this was the outcome.

What nationality are they? And with out getting too specific what service center/local office/region of the US was this?

Were they interviewed by USCIS before in the process? K doesnt always need an interview at AOS.

The above is just general information for context that may explain why this occurred (if it did, which brings me to my next point-)

Before we all go referring to this as a fluke in the adjudication process-  I would suggest confirming the story with both members of the couple. Could be a situation where one spouse is oblivious to all the behind the scenes work the other is doing and maybe misinformed thinking that was all they sent because thats all they know of that the other spouse sent if you get what Im saying. I know I personally handle all the finances and paperwork in our house and quite often I will hear my husband make comments that cause me to roll my eyes. He'll be like yeah we refinanced the mortgage and it was super easy, just signed some stuff and printed out my pension letter- but in reality I sent them tons of documents. But because his participation was simply getting his pension statement printed and doing the actual signing to him thats all the process was. 

Well, to answer your questions.

1. No. They're none of those professions.  For better part of last year, the individual was stay at home.

2. No child has been added. Additionally, they never interviewed with USCIS for either K-1 AOS nor ROC (now).

3. They did not submit childrens Birth Certificate. I was informed clearly that it was just the tax returns. This is what baffles me too.

4. Local office is Houston. 

5. Hahaha I know the facts. This is a close person to me. And I know the other partner doesn't even read bills. So I can, with a high percentage,  say that the information given to me is as accurate as is possible. 

6. I wouldn't say a fluke in the system. I'll call it more of the " lucky folks." At this point, I should suggest she tries the Mega Millions. 

Hahaha I can picture your husband. The opposite is true for us in our household. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

I've had "clients" at the immigration clinic who filed one tax transcript, a birth certificate for a newborn and a total of 7 or 8 extra pages get approved and people with 100 pages get an RFE.  My observation, based on multiple cases, is a new child is a very helpful positive.

It is all about how it is presented.  Mary and I are about to submit ours in July and there is less then 15 pages that will be included.  We don't file taxes together.  She is a licensed caregiver, nursing student, and has been vetted for those as well as Global Entry and TWIC programs.

Like @Villanelle pointed out - events involving GMC and backgrounds checks are all positives.

And I agree that presentation is important. Just baffled that I've never come across this unique case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Hahaha. Maybe you're the adjudicators type! 😅

And maybe the case with just 2 tax returns was a blessing for the agent: he/she didn't need to go through thousands of pages. 

Hey, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Atleast I know there's someone out here in this world who sees me as cute....

Sure must have been a relief for the adjudicator. I can picture how relieved he/she was.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That must have been one helluva tax return.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

7 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Just curious. What will be included in the 15 pages?  We are filing this week and want to include only the necessary items. Thanks!  

1 hour ago, Diane and Chris said:

Just curious. What will be included in the 15 pages?  We are filing this week and want to include only the necessary items. Thanks!  

Oops 17 ;)

Here is a format I use often on the cover letter.  We just added brokerage / retirement accounts.

You don't need to include all the detail of the statements.  Just the pages that show the linkage.  You don't need to send an inch thick file!

You can include more / less.   It is good to show multiple items.   

Mary Middle LastNAME I-751    

A# 012345678

List of Attachments

1. Copies of Front and back of Permanent Resident Card.

2. Evidence of Relationship and Cohabitation:

1. Front and Back Copies the Driver's License of Mary and Paul LastNAME and Copy of Joint Health Insurance Card.

2. Copy of power utility bill in both names.

3. Copy of Card1 Statement summary showing cards in both names.

4. Copy of Card2 Statement summary showing cards in both names.

5. Copy of Card3 Statement summary showing cards in both names.

6. Copy of Auto Policy summary showing both as insureds.

7. Copy of XYZ bank statement - joint account.

3. Copy of Mary’s 401(K) listing Paul as beneficiary.

4. Copy of Cellular Statement for Mary and Paul LastNAME.

5. Copy of Mary’s life insurance showing Paul LastNAME as beneficiary.

6. Copy of Paul’s life insurance showing Mary LastNAME as beneficiary.

7. Copy of Paul’s Investment account showing Mary as survivor.

8. Copy of Mary’s Investment account showing Paul as survivor.

9. Mary’s 2019 1040 Tax Transcript - Married Filing Separately and shows Paul’s SSN

10. Copies of boarding passes for joint trips of Mary and Paul LastNAME.   1 page

11. Pictures of Mary and Paul LastNAME since becoming Permanent Resident.  1 page with date and place

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.