dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lolonyo said:

Does anyone know from recent experience, how long it takes hear back on NVC expedite request?  Thanks 

It took them 10 days to respond to our email.

And here is the answer :(

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy in Paris has suspended visa services. We are unable to forward your expedite request to the U.S. Embassy for review. The U.S. Embassy will resume visa services as soon as possible but cannot provide a specific date. Please continue working with NVC to prepare your case. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy's operating status, please visit the Embassy's website at https://usembassy.gov. You may wish to resubmit your request once the U.S. Embassy resumes routine services.

Naively, I thought that eventhough the Embassy was closed, they would still be working "backstage". It seems they are not. At least at the Embassy in Paris, city where now, most of the Covid is gone.

We send the email on June 1rst and got the reply early this morning (June10th).

Stressful in terms of work, flat rental, my family, etc. Hard to organise anything. I know we are all in the same situation so I'm sorry for complaining (but sometimes it feels good to do so 😤).

I'll stay positive :)

Take care guys,

Alix

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
16 hours ago, reashamoriba said:

Good luck everyone.  Our interview was rescheduled for this month.

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Senegal
Married: 2010-02-14
I-130 Sent : 2018-11-21
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-12-03
I-130 RFE : 2019-07-24
I-130 RFE Sent : 2019-08-09
I-130 Approved : 2019-08-22
NVC Received : 2019-09-03
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2019-10-15
Pay AOS Bill : 2019-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2019-11-14

Receive IV Bill : 2019-10-15
Pay IV Bill : 2019-10-15
Send IV Package : 2019-11-14
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2020-03-11
Case Completed at NVC : 2019-12-10

Interview Date : 2020-07-02

also, has the embassy every scheduled your appointment themselves since covid began? or did you usually schedule it yourself?

"Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave." - Prophet Muhammad (SAW)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, KandR18 said:

We were approved for an expedite last week and recieved an appointment letter today for the 23rd ❤️

How long it takes to get back an answer from nvc about the expedit ? And what did you said inside the letter ? Help

me out I am over 3 years waiting for my wife! I got DQ last March and still noting for Interview ? 

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
1 hour ago, KandR18 said:

We were approved for an expedite last week and recieved an appointment letter today for the 23rd ❤️

Congratulations 

04/21/20: IR-5 Submitted Online 

04/21/20: NOA1 Issued online

04/27/20: NOA1 Received via postal mail from Texas Service Center

04/27/20: Touched

04/28/20: Case Transferred to California Service Center

05/14/20: Touched 

05/15/20: Touched 

07/01/20: Touched

07/06/20: Touched 

07/06/20: RFE Issued (not available online)

07/16/20: RFE Received in Mail

07/20/20: DNA Done in USA

08/09/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted Online

08/26/20: RFE Partial Response Submitted via mail

09/01/20: Touched

10/28/21: DNA test results Received by USCIS

11/12/21: NOA2

Hi all

increasingly frustrated at the inconsistency of expedited being sent to London

I sent mine in just before they all closed and London agreed to expedite once they open again. 

But not expedited are being sent?

i emailed NVC to see if my case would be sent as a priority once London reopen officially and got a blanket response that DQ are sent in the order they DQ, nothing to do with expedited cases. 

Realistically travelling to London twice would still be tricky at the moment. But urgh 

sorry just having a whinge

ps how do i change my signature to include this :-

CR1 UK 🇬🇧

NOA1 : 1st Feb 2019

NOA2 : 27th June 2019 (expedited)

Sent to NVC : 30th July 2019

Email with case number : 27th August 2019

Submit payment to NVC (AOS/IVfee) : 3rd Nov 2019

Submit docs/AOS/DS260: 15th December 2019

Request for w2: 13th Feb 2020

Resubmit : 14th Feb 2020

NVc Expedite request sent : 6th March 20

NVC reviewing request 16th March 20

NVC London approved expedite: march 31st 20 but delayed due to covid 19

DQ : 29th April 2020 in line with website timescales for review

5 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Due to COVID-19 concerns, the U.S. Embassy in Paris has suspended visa services. We are unable to forward your expedite request to the U.S. Embassy for review. The U.S. Embassy will resume visa services as soon as possible but cannot provide a specific date. Please continue working with NVC to prepare your case. For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy's operating status, please visit the Embassy's website at https://usembassy.gov. You may wish to resubmit your request once the U.S. Embassy resumes routine services.

Naively, I thought that eventhough the Embassy was closed, they would still be working "backstage". It seems they are not. At least at the Embassy in Paris, city where now, most of the Covid is gone.

Stressful in terms of work, flat rental, my family, etc. Hard to organise anything. I know we are all in the same situation so I'm sorry for complaining (but sometimes it feels good to do so 😤).

Take care guys,

Alix

Thank you, Alix! There shall surely be light at the end of this tunnel! #Stay strong 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
12 hours ago, Teemasss said:

Hello. Do you know if they’re open hence the reason why they rescheduled your appointment?

They advised they will open in July.  The country is still lockdown.  They advised once country open they will open

18 hours ago, wifidolly said:

Yay. It's for July 2nd?

yes 7/2

I submitted a  request to expedite two days ago and received an answer today. :(

Good Day:

As a result of the world-wide COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Embassy where you are assigned to have an immigrant visa appointment is closed for non-emergency services until further notice.

Please continue working with NVC to prepare your case.

For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy's operating status, please visit https://usembassy.gov.

You may wish to resubmit your request once the U.S. Embassy resumes routine services.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Take care guys,

Alix

It’s okay, I complain alllllll the time haha. It’s the only thing that keeps my from going crazy. I beat myself up thinking about the mistakes I made and how she would be here now if I hadn’t made those mistakes, but oh well. In portuguese we say “Não chore pelo leite derramado” (Dont cry about the spilled milk) 😂. I try to stay positive, I just hate when my family tells me to stay positive 😂 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

8 hours ago, Jackrayane said:

How long it takes to get back an answer from nvc about the expedit ? And what did you said inside the letter ? Help

me out I am over 3 years waiting for my wife! I got DQ last March and still noting for Interview ? 

I would recommend you post to a thread appropriate for your visa category. This is specifically for CR1/IR1 visas (spouse of US citizens).  Looks like you are applying for a F-2A, which follows different timelines. Any information you get here may not apply to you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.