dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Louis61404 said:

Unfortunately, yes.

How sad and annoying. I am sorry to hear that for our fellow US-Colombian couples :(

(I am sure the Colombian government will change that date to an earlier one - let's hope so)

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/3/2020 at 9:07 AM, Nenz.i said:

I know USCIS has nothing to do with the US embassies but I am praying that embassies will be opening up tomorrow 🥺🥺🥺

To all anxious interview seekers from Mumbai Consulate and everyone in general, I wrote to the embassy requesting an update on a timeline estimate for reopening visa services and if priorty would be for IR1/CR1 visa when it does reopen. Received the below response, kinda expected and disappointed. Echoing previous comment by @dwheels76, embassy in a specific country will mostly open for visa services once international travel to/from that country to the US begins, which makes me believe that the earliest interview scheduling will begin post August. We were DQ'd on May 11, given the cancelled interviews and  backlogs, we are bracing ourselves for an early 2021 interview date (being optimistic 😊). Again, this might vary from one country to another. Let's continue to stay positive, we will get through this...yay! 👍

"As of March 16, 2020, the United States Embassy and Consulates in India have cancelled immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments. We will resume visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. If your appointment was among those affected, please continue visiting our websites www.ustraveldocs.com/in and https://in.usembassy.gov/ for updates on resumption of our services."

On 6/3/2020 at 11:44 AM, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

That’s the very same email I got, copy and paste. I feel that they just quickly look thru the email to see what we want and just slap an automated email as a response. As far as emailing the embassy directly, in my experience it won’t help. I emailed them after NVC said no and the embassy just sent me a automated response saying I need to contact NVC....... even though I had already said that in my email 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️ . As far as reviewing documents it’s nothing to worry about, they told me the same thing. 
Honestly I’m gonna do another request in 2 weeks. I find it absurd that groups of 60 thousand people can protest and thousands not wearing a mask and the government will allow them that constitutional right, yet we can’t get an interview between 3 people and bring our family home. (FYI I support non violent protest so please don’t turn this into a “how dare you not support the cause” kinda thing.) Also it irritates me that some people have emailed some embassies as the IS citizen saying they need an emergency passport just to get in and once in there they ask for the embassy to do the interview for their spouse. (that’s what I was told). 

I understand the frustration with the delays to the immigration process but I have to object to this statement. It's a false equivalence to make between citizens protesting their brutalisation by those who are meant to be protecting them and your inability to have an immigration interview. The former group is protesting the trampling of their human rights while a visa interview is a courtesy afforded you by the US government, they don't technically owe you anything. So allowing one group to  congregate does not necessarily mean you have to allow the other. Saying you support non-violent protest does not absolve you from faulty logic. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, AarLar said:

Embassy responded to both my emails today, so they are definitely up to snuff with their emails.

Email 1. 
Dear Madam,

Unfortunately, we do not know when our regular visa services will resume, we cannot provide you with a time frame.

Could you please provide us your case number of your immigrant visa application?

email 2. 
Dear Madam,

We do not have access to your case yet because it is still pending with NVC. Once NVC determines the file is complete with all the required documents, they schedule the applicant’s interview appointment. NVC then sends the file to us where the applicant will be interviewed for a visa. Unfortunately, because of the current situation, there might be a delay.

Please contact NVC for any questions since your case is not with us yet.

auto-reply email. 
Thank you for contacting Amsterdam's Immigrant Visa Unit.

We review all messages, however we reply only to inquiries not covered below.  Due to a staffing shortage, we will do our best to reply within five business days to inquiries not covered below.

COVID-19 NOTICE:  Effective immediately, the U.S. Consulate General in Amsterdam is closed for non-emergency consular services, including visa appointments. If you have an emergency need to travel and are possibly eligible for an exception to the proclamation, we will respond to you within 2 business days to schedule a visa appointment.

So no progress.. 🤷‍♀️ Has anyone tried calling NVC about their letter? How long does it normally take for you to get it anyway?

Calling NVC won’t help. The times that I’ve called I’ve gotten very rude women. The last one literally asked me what I wanted and then said “the embassies are closed worldwide so what do you want?”. Then she told me to “play with” my fingers and login into the CEAC website once a year before the one year mark of paying my fees expires. 🤦🏻‍♂️ It’s useless. 

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, razorontour said:

I understand the frustration with the delays to the immigration process but I have to object to this statement. It's a false equivalence to make between citizens protesting their brutalisation by those who are meant to be protecting them and your inability to have an immigration interview. The former group is protesting the trampling of their human rights while a visa interview is a courtesy afforded you by the US government, they don't technically owe you anything. So allowing one group to  congregate does not necessarily mean you have to allow the other. Saying you support non-violent protest does not absolve you from faulty logic. 

A “courtesy” would be receiving something  for free, not paying the fees that we pay for an interview. So in a sense they do “owe” me something. 
Regardless, that’s your opinion and I respect it. 👍🏻

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 6/1/2020 at 8:02 AM, Tin4ik1990 said:

We sent out an email with a few reasons. Mostly emotional hardship, we can't visit each other due to travel restrictions and our work places, long wait already...

But every consulate decides differently.

Did they send you an email saying that your expedite has been approved ? Do you know if your case is still in transit ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Jules Barre said:

Did they send you an email saying that your expedite has been approved ? Do you know if your case is still in transit ? 

Yes, we received an email that said they are willing to expedite and that it's sent to the embassy. 

We also received an email from the embassy already with an interview date

04/23/19: got married in Florida

06/03/19: sent I-130

06/06/19: received NOA1

09/26/19: sent K-3

04/17/20: received NOA2

05/21/20: received case number NVC

05/27/20: sent expedite request

05/29/20: expedite request aprroved

05/29/20: case sent to Frankfurt embassy

06/02/20: case arrived in Frankfurt

06/04/20: Interview schedules for...

06/16/20: Interview - Approved!!! :D

27 minutes ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

Yes, we received an email that said they are willing to expedite and that it's sent to the embassy. 

That is awesome. Did NVC send you an email saying they are reviewing your expedite? 

Also, When is your interview date if you don’t mind me asking? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

Great, so it was fast ! I've been wondering for weeks now if we expedite or not and always come to the conclusion that our reasons (suffering from the separation, depression, longer of procedure) are the same as everyone else and cannot make it, I guess it's just depends on the agent handling your case.

1 hour ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

Question, did you submit it through the website or in an email? We're trying to send it through the website but when we hit "submit" nothing happens. The page seems to refresh but goes back to our typed message.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, MS&JA said:

Question, did you submit it through the website or in an email? We're trying to send it through the website but when we hit "submit" nothing happens. The page seems to refresh but goes back to our typed message.

Thanks.

Through an Email. Sent it to the NVC and they forwarded it to the embassy, cause they decide. So each embassy decides differently

My appointment is on June 16th.

04/23/19: got married in Florida

06/03/19: sent I-130

06/06/19: received NOA1

09/26/19: sent K-3

04/17/20: received NOA2

05/21/20: received case number NVC

05/27/20: sent expedite request

05/29/20: expedite request aprroved

05/29/20: case sent to Frankfurt embassy

06/02/20: case arrived in Frankfurt

06/04/20: Interview schedules for...

06/16/20: Interview - Approved!!! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Tin4ik1990 said:

Through an Email. Sent it to the NVC and they forwarded it to the embassy, cause they decide. So each embassy decides differently

My appointment is on June 16th.

Wow, that's so soon, congrats! Will you have enough time to complete the medical exam and have the results by then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.