1,215 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process :) That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

Current case file creation time:

This is the link to go to see what date they are working on. Follow  it says up to 6 weeks but recently that 6 weeks is about 4 weeks from approval at USCIS.
Once your case has been created, we will contact you with instructions on how to begin processing. Until your case is entered into our system, we unfortunately won’t have any information about your case.

Current case review time:

This is the link to see what date they are reviewing. Please allow up to three-weeks for NVC to review your forms and documents once we receive both the petitioner’s financial documents and the applicant’s civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted your visa application online. We will not review your file until we have received all of the above items

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently June 2020 thread),

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/738398-case-complete-to-interview-june-2020/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi Pals,

I’ve a question. Now we are at NVC Stages

I submitted my everything on April 12,2020 Except my employer #2 verification letter because HR was not reachable at that time for a week or so, until I email them and found out they were working from home and never responded to my voicemail in their office numbers. I do have my verification letter now. Is there an option to resubmit my letter now? Next question is do I really need to resubmit my verification letter now or do I just wait for them to review and see if I get RFE? If I do submit my second letter then do I need to wait longer for them to review ? I do make around 60k with my first employer and second employment is just my part time. However, I did wrote my employer name on 864EZ. I’m little concerned! 
thanks if anyone can answer 

Raj

Today finally received the welcome email! Let the next process begin, good look for everyone this month!:)

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

38 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

Today finally received the welcome email! Let the next process begin, good look for everyone this month!:)

Yay!! You know where to find me if you have more questions 🙌

Another month here, hope its the last! 

I tracked the April thread for comments on DQs or RFEs for  the last two weeks of April. Here are submissions and NVC messages from our fellow VJ members.

Last week ( 20-24 April) was CRAZY. Case reviews were spread out from Feb 10 to Apr 16!

This past week (27 Apr - 1 May), NVC seems to have resumed their normal cadence and cases were reviewed from submission dates of 13-18 Feb. 

1st  submission Apr 16-->  DQ Apr 21
1st  submission.Feb 16 --> DQ Apr 23
1st  Submission:  Mar 6 --> DQ Apr 23
1st  submission Mar 26 -->Apr 23, RFE request
2nd Submission Feb 10 --> Apr 23, RFE request

2nd Submission Feb 13 --> DQ Apr 28
1st  submission: Feb 15 --> DQ Apr 28
1st submission: Feb 18 --> DQ Apr 30

Edited by TamMhmd

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yeah those jumps in April make me go crazy :D We submitted on April 9th and after seeing those irregularities I log in every day and check if any of the documents status changed 🙄

Nope, everything is stuck on "submitted"...

Just now, Quarknase said:

Yup, this means DQ. Congratulations! When did you submit?

I submitted all the documents on March 13. Got a request to submit my spouse’s 2019 W2 yesterday and we submitted it right away. Got this email this morning. I didn’t expect NVC to review the additional document this fast since the NVC timeframe still shows that they're reviewing documents submitted on Feb 11 as of April 27

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ken Tran said:

I submitted all the documents on March 13. Got a request to submit my spouse’s 2019 W2 yesterday and we submitted it right away. Got this email this morning. I didn’t expect NVC to review the additional document this fast since the NVC timeframe still shows that they're reviewing documents submitted on Feb 11 as of April 27

That's pretty awesome. Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

we just submitted our IV and AOS docs to NVC today. :D

Another waiting game begins!!!  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Ken Tran said:

Congratulations. @Ken Tran What is your priority date? Trying to figure out NVC logic for reviewing documents. Hoping there is crazy tec glitch.  I submitted mine on Feb 24 and been checking my email every hour. 

Thanks

Submitted DS260 and civil documents on 16 Mar 2020. 
Everything but tax transcript was Uploaded on 17 Mar 2020. 
Tax transcript was uploaded on 16 Apr 2020. 

financial documents were Submitted on 16 Apr 2020.

Which date can I expect for NVC to start reviewing our package? According to the timeline on NVC website, current review as of 27 Apr 2020 is 13 Feb 2020. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.