Unlockable

Official Executive Order for Suspending Entry of Immigrants

824 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raizee said:

so K1 is not listed in the current and previous ban list. 

I agree with this statement, but even if it was incorrect you would have been let in fine because existing visas are exempted from the various bans.

Also, congrats & welcome!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
On 5/31/2020 at 11:16 AM, Passaws said:

Good day, pls if I was issued visa on February, under F11 category, will I be allowed in by cbp? 

Visa was issued before the executive order

But visa category is F11

Thanks to all those who assisted. Finally got in on 23rd.

Immigration at NY (jfk) only asked if I had any food stuff which I said yes and listed and I was taken to secondary inspection. 

Waited 3mins, for verification of visa. And after 3mins of typing, he gave me back my passport and said welcome to america. 

On 6/20/2020 at 1:04 AM, Trutta said:

Goose stepping down Pennsylvania Avenue.

Gosh bro you have so many issues

Thought I’d post London embassy’s response to the EO, took a while to get a straight answer out of them but after emailing back and forth they responded with this:

While K-1 visa holders are not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014, they are not excepted from Presidential Proclamation 9996.  This means that while Presidential Proclamation 9996 remains in effect, it will not be possible for you to travel directly to the United States from the United Kingdom unless you fall under another excepted category within the Presidential Proclamation. Please review the Presidential Proclamation for detailed information.

Travel to the United States from a third country that is not covered by the Presidential Proclamation may be possible, but we advise you verify if the countries to which you intend to travel have implemented travel or other restrictions prior to making travel arrangements.  Please also bear in mind that the Presidential Proclamation suspends travel to the U.S. for any individual who has been physically present in the United Kingdom within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States. 

Sincerely,

Chief, Consular Information Unit 

U.S. Embassy, London 

/JW

so the EO ‘banning immigration’ til end of year does not effect K1s :) I know that’s been said already but I was still stressing! And I’ve liked seeing other countries embassy responses so thought this might be reassuring to others too 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Georgiaosula said:

Thought I’d post London embassy’s response to the EO, took a while to get a straight answer out of them but after emailing back and forth they responded with this:

While K-1 visa holders are not subject to Presidential Proclamation 10014, they are not excepted from Presidential Proclamation 9996.  This means that while Presidential Proclamation 9996 remains in effect, it will not be possible for you to travel directly to the United States from the United Kingdom unless you fall under another excepted category within the Presidential Proclamation. Please review the Presidential Proclamation for detailed information.

Travel to the United States from a third country that is not covered by the Presidential Proclamation may be possible, but we advise you verify if the countries to which you intend to travel have implemented travel or other restrictions prior to making travel arrangements.  Please also bear in mind that the Presidential Proclamation suspends travel to the U.S. for any individual who has been physically present in the United Kingdom within 14 days prior to their arrival in the United States. 

Sincerely,

Chief, Consular Information Unit 

U.S. Embassy, London 

/JW

so the EO ‘banning immigration’ til end of year does not effect K1s :) I know that’s been said already but I was still stressing! And I’ve liked seeing other countries embassy responses so thought this might be reassuring to others too 

Direct travel from shengen area is banned, not visa processing. Would have been nice if they left the travelling logistics up to us and still continued to issue visas. Theoritically...

2 minutes ago, TiEy said:

Direct travel from shengen area is banned, not visa processing. Would have been nice if they left the travelling logistics up to us and still continued to issue visas. Theoritically...

Yup, I don’t know about other Embassy’s but London are not processing any other visas right now except for spouse and children because of the travel ban-that’s what’s on their webpage and also what they emailed earlier anyway. Would be nice if they could still process the visas anyway then once the ban is lifted we’d be pretty much good to go... its very frustrating NVC told us they won’t send our case to London yet til they re open their visa services..I don’t get why they can’t still send it anyway in the mean time, so its at least here already, but nothing we can do about any of this except wait some more! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 hours ago, TiEy said:

All embassies have incredible backlogs once they reopen. They have to prioritize and will likely do so by processing immediate family members (spouse/children) and students (semester starts) first. It’s nice that they provide detailed information, but the reality is that even if they wanted, they couldn’t just quickly issue visas for all I’m afraid.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
11 hours ago, Georgiaosula said:

Wait, so they'll still issue visas despite the travel restrictions?

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Georgiaosula said:

I don’t know I guess that depends on what visa it is and maybe which embassy too...London will only issue the spouse and children visas at the moment 

At the moment, obviously. I was wondering about after the end of the suspension, before the end of the travel ban.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
44 minutes ago, sl1pstream said:

At the moment, obviously. I was wondering about after the end of the suspension, before the end of the travel ban.

The end of the suspension could literally be 2025. Lets be real. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

This was just posted in another thread by a VJ member - I am very confused (and somewhat hopeful) as it seems that spouses and children of LPR, as well as parents of USC have been added to the exempt list: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR3yNPaYEc8cAFb2qbQOlzDzD2bsXQeRkc7qnm6VcusJwvEvJbXNgAdTBg4

However, I am unable to find confirmation for this anywhere else. All the presidential proclamations linked under this article, and available on the WH website, don't have these exempts listed. Did I lose my research skills, or did the DOS mis-phrase actual exemptions? Or (the way it's phrased) does it only apply to the travel ban EO's and not to the visa suspension?

Edited by Quarknase

3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

However, I am unable to find confirmation for this anywhere else.

Yup. I'm encountering the same.

I'll add the following anecdote. The UK and Ireland proclamation would have barred that IR-5 visa holder from entering the US:

But that individual was able to enter the US.

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

as well as parents of USC

On a closer look it's referring to Subsection 2(a)(iii) of the five proclamations (Schengen Area; UK and Ireland; Brazil; Iran; China). That link says, "parents (provided that his/her U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child is unmarried and under the age of 21)" Thus it isn't talking about IR-5 since petitioners have to be 21 or older.

1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

spouses and children of LPR

Those same five proclamations say the following are exempt:

(ii) any alien who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(v) any alien who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

New issuance is still banned per April 22 PP until the end of the year.

Edited by HRQX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.