Crazy Cat

IRS Stimulus Check Portal is now Active

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Received at 12:01am today. I had an alert set on my bank account to send text messages for any deposit over 2000.00 .

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Yeap said:

My husband is working as a nurse, we filled 2019 tax together early march, I have my EAD but have not started working, Can I apply for the stimulus check?

If you filed taxes together it will be automatically deposited if you have bank information, usually you so if you got a refund.. If you filed MFJ. Mine showed up today, as long as he put your as number on the tax return, you should get it. It will come as one payment to the account of whoever filed taxes.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

If you filed taxes together it will be automatically deposited if you have bank information, usually you so if you got a refund.. If you filed MFJ. Mine showed up today, as long as he put your as number on the tax return, you should get it. It will come as one payment to the account of whoever filed taxes.

Thanks for your quick reply. One more question, I mine going to apply for it online or the payment is automatic for whosoever that file tax without working? Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Sooo..Got my stimulus check today aaaand I only got one for myself and NOT my spouse amount?? We got married last year (may 2019). I am so confused. I did file my taxes in 2019 and 2020. Obviously I could not file married on the 2019 one, but I did on the 2020 taxes.

Does anyone that is  smart with this stuff tell me why? Also, no, he does NOT have a green card as he came from a K1. We are waiting for his interview since COVID pushed it back, so Lord only knows when that will be now. But he is here as legally as he can possibly be. Its not my fault he doesn't have a GC and regardless we are married, so shouldn't i have gotten the full amount?

Maybe they are going off based on 2019 file?

Just now, Brazil/US2018 said:

Sooo..Got my stimulus check today aaaand I only got one for myself and NOT my spouse amount?? We got married last year (may 2019). I am so confused. I did file my taxes in 2019 and 2020. Obviously I could not file married on the 2019 one, but I did on the 2020 taxes.

Does anyone that is  smart with this stuff tell me why? Also, no, he does NOT have a green card as he came from a K1. We are waiting for his interview since COVID pushed it back, so Lord only knows when that will be now. But he is here as legally as he can possibly be. Its not my fault he doesn't have a GC and regardless we are married, so shouldn't i have gotten the full amount?

Maybe they are going off based on 2019 file?

There is no way you filed 2020 taxes yet. The forms aren't available until 2021.

I'm assuming you meant 2018 and 2019 taxes.

It sounds like they went off the 2018 return for some reason. When was 2019 filed?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So guys i have few questions maybe it's the right place or not . So today we receive our covid-19 stimulus check as me & my wife file our tax jointly. I am a PR and my wife is a US citizen and we never applied for government assistance . Is this will affect my citizenship in future. And if incase if i lose my job and i applied for unemployment will it affect my citizenship or not ?

Thank you guys and stay safe.

1 minute ago, Muhammad Arman said:

So guys i have few questions maybe it's the right place or not . So today we receive our covid-19 stimulus check as me & my wife file our tax jointly. I am a PR and my wife is a US citizen and we never applied for government assistance . Is this will affect my citizenship in future. And if incase if i lose my job and i applied for unemployment will it affect my citizenship or not ?

Thank you guys and stay safe.

No issue on the CARES tax credit for AOS, ROC, citizenship, visas, etc.

Unemployment is akin to an insurance policy you or your employer pays into and earn benefits from. It is not an issue for any of those as well.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I filed taxes with my wife first time last month for 2019. We've got our check in the bank today for both of us. So they went by 2019 return in our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
23 minutes ago, geowrian said:

There is no way you filed 2020 taxes yet. The forms aren't available until 2021.

I'm assuming you meant 2018 and 2019 taxes.

It sounds like they went off the 2018 return for some reason. When was 2019 filed?

HA! yes, thank you, that is what I meant. Do you know if there is a way I can fix this?

Edited by Brazil/US2018
Also, I file 2019 in March.

1 minute ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

HA! yes, thank you, that is what I meant. Do you know if there is a way I can fix this?

It's possible they haven't processed the 2019 return filed last month yet (per your edit comment).

There have not been any plans stated in either direction on how they will handle 2019 filings after they schedule or send the advance rebates.

You can still claim the full amount on the 2020 tax return (to be field next year), and claim the difference between the advance rebate received and full credit you actually qualify for. So it's not lost...but you may not get it in advance.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

hi, my i751 is recently denied and uscis says my status is terminated i am working on submitting a new i751.

i'm curious if i am still eligible to receive financial support check from irs?

do they ask for proof of residency or citizenship and i believe i'm still resident even though uscis says they terminated my status but according to many people only an immigration judge can revoke my status so i am confused

thanks if you can reply

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ColoradoGirl1985 said:

hi, my i751 is recently denied and uscis says my status is terminated i am working on submitting a new i751.

i'm curious if i am still eligible to receive financial support check from irs?

do they ask for proof of residency or citizenship and i believe i'm still resident even though uscis says they terminated my status but according to many people only an immigration judge can revoke my status so i am confused

thanks if you can reply

Separate USCIS/Immigration from filing taxes. If you filed a tax return, had a SSN, and are under the income thresholds, then you get a stimulus check.  

Just now, Wuozopo said:

Separate USCIS/Immigration from filing taxes. If you filed a tax return, had a SSN, and are under the income thresholds, then you get a stimulus check.  

thanks for answer.

I am separated from my husband but we filed our taxes together for 2019. we filed married jointly. and my husband received our tax return into his bank account. irs has my old address now but i moved out to a different address.

is there any way i can get my own check?

do you know if they send these checks separately for each person? thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ColoradoGirl1985 said:

thanks for answer.

I am separated from my husband but we filed our taxes together for 2019. we filed married jointly. and my husband received our tax return into his bank account. irs has my old address now but i moved out to a different address.

is there any way i can get my own check?

do you know if they send these checks separately for each person? thanks.

Nope, if there is a bank account on file, one check goes to the account listed on the joint tax return.  If there is no bank account on the tax return, a check is mailed to the address on the return.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.