Crazy Cat

IRS Stimulus Check Portal is now Active

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Do you know if F-1 visa holders get the stimulus check? I filled out my taxes forms (1040NR-EZ) a week ago.

Not eligible.

1 hour ago, Ayrton said:

According to this article, if the person is eligible on either 2018 or 2019 and received the money, but their income changed in 2019 (not filed yet) or 2020, they don't need to give the money back.

Https://money.com/stimulus-check-advance-tax-refund/

Correct. Unlike the last stimulus (circa 2008), overpayment due to a change in income is forgiven. Underpayment can still be claimed in full.

1 hour ago, stech786 said:

Will people already on social security/medicare get stimulus check

Social Security, yes. Medicare has no impact.

10 minutes ago, juancarlos said:

Do you know if F-1 visa holders get the stimulus check? I filled out my taxes forms (1040NR-EZ) a week ago.

1040NR is for non-resident aliens (NRAs). NRAs are excluded from eligibility.

If that changes to being an RA in 2020, you could claim the credit at that time.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, stech786 said:

Will people already on social security/medicare get stimulus check

Yes, if their income is under the threshold. If their income is so low that they didn’t file a return, it will be generated to social Security recipients without them filing. See the IRS page https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here

If you don’t file taxes, use the "Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here" application to provide simple information so you can get your payment.

You should use this application if:

• You did not file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return because your gross income was under $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples). This includes people who had no income. Or
  • You weren’t required to file a 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return for other reasons.

If you receive these benefits, we already have your information and you will receive $1,200. Do not use this application if you receive:

• Social Security retirement, disability (SSDI), or survivor benefits
  • Railroad Retirement and Survivor Benefits

Special note: People in these groups who have qualifying children under age 17 can use this application to claim the $500 payment per child.

And from personal experience...yes, got the payment already.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

They already had my bank info so maybe your date is yet to be generated.
Ironically, we owe the IRS $2406 for 2019 taxes so bye-bye money. ☹️

According to the news last night, No debtor, not even the IRS are allowed to take out any money from the stimulus check.

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I owe the irs about 200$ but I qualify under the stimulus. I got the we can not determine email. Do you think I will receive anything? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Sooo..Got my stimulus check today aaaand I only got one for myself and NOT my spouse amount?? We got married last year (may 2019). I am so confused. I did file my taxes in 2019 and 2020. Obviously I could not file married on the 2019 one, but I did on the 2020 taxes.

Does anyone that is  smart with this stuff tell me why? Also, no, he does NOT have a green card as he came from a K1. We are waiting for his interview since COVID pushed it back, so Lord only knows when that will be now. But he is here as legally as he can possibly be. Its not my fault he doesn't have a GC and regardless we are married, so shouldn't i have gotten the full amount?

Maybe they are going off based on 2019 file?

We are in the same situation as you. So I guess we just have to wait it out? My hubby came on a K1 we married last year but as far as the stimulus check I received money for my self only 

16 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Mine first said "We don't have enough information to process your payment"........then after I entered my bank info, it said "We will process your payment and deposit it in the bank account you provided"......I just tried to check it to see if I missed the date.....but I can't connect.....I guess the page is being hit pretty hard right now.........Hopefully, I will see a deposit soon...😄

I just want to make sure i'm looking at the right thing. Where you put your bank account information is in the 1080 form the website directs you to? 

Here is what my situation is..

yesterday I received only 1,200 for the stimulus. My husband and I married March 2019. He came on K-1 

He received his SSN in November. 

awaiting Green Card interview. Ours canceled the Same day all USCIS closed :( 

We filed 2019 taxes about a month ago. Married filing jointly. 

our taxes are not processed yet. Received by IRS just not processed. 

Should he be getting a stimulus check as well soon? 

do you think since our taxes are still pending they took my 2018 Tax info? Where I would have been single? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

Here is what my situation is..

yesterday I received only 1,200 for the stimulus. My husband and I married March 2019. He came on K-1 

He received his SSN in November. 

awaiting Green Card interview. Ours canceled the Same day all USCIS closed :( 

We filed 2019 taxes about a month ago. Married filing jointly. 

our taxes are not processed yet. Received by IRS just not processed. 

Should he be getting a stimulus check as well soon? 

do you think since our taxes are still pending they took my 2018 Tax info? Where I would have been single? 

Sounds like they issued your stimulus payment based on your 2018 taxes.  I think you will have to wait and receive your husband's portion as a tax credit on your 2020 taxes.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
9 hours ago, J&S12 said:

According to the news last night, No debtor, not even the IRS are allowed to take out any money from the stimulus check.

Nobody took money from my stimulus check. When I said “bye-bye money”, I meant I received the full amount already. It’s in the bank. Now I need to get on with filing my 2019 tax return and I happen to owe $2406. So my new $2400 will be leaving my bank account shortly. 

FYI, I tried a few checks this morning. I got the "unable to determine eligibility" if even one field was slightly off from the 1040 for the applicable year. For example, if I used "St" instead of "Street", I got the message. If I used "Street" (as on my 2019 return), it verified my eligibility.

Still no payment date. I provided my bank account info yesterday morning.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

FYI, I tried a few checks this morning. I got the "unable to determine eligibility" if even one field was slightly off from the 1040 for the applicable year. For example, if I used "St" instead of "Street", I got the message. If I used "Street" (as on my 2019 return), it verified my eligibility.

Same here.   Still no payment date.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, geowrian said:

I went in and tried our street address in all caps since the 1040 was in all caps and I got this new message:

Please Try Again Later

We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.
Please come back after 24 hours and try again.

If you need additional help, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

So I guess tomorrow I will hopefully know something lol.  Not gonna hold my breath but would be nice since hubby has been unemployed since mid March and I'm my dads caregiver.  Can't wait until this virus goes away.  So much sadness everyday!

20 hours ago, Brazil/US2018 said:

Sooo..Got my stimulus check today aaaand I only got one for myself and NOT my spouse amount?? We got married last year (may 2019). I am so confused. I did file my taxes in 2019 and 2020. Obviously I could not file married on the 2019 one, but I did on the 2020 taxes.

Does anyone that is  smart with this stuff tell me why? Also, no, he does NOT have a green card as he came from a K1. We are waiting for his interview since COVID pushed it back, so Lord only knows when that will be now. But he is here as legally as he can possibly be. Its not my fault he doesn't have a GC and regardless we are married, so shouldn't i have gotten the full amount?

Maybe they are going off based on 2019 file?

I think we're in the same situation. We married August 2019. My wife (American citizen) has received her $1,200 stimulus check. But I (Canadian citizen, K-1 visa) just tried to apply for my stimulus check and my application was rejected. I believe this is because I do not yet have a SNN number. I don't yet have a SNN number because our green-card interview was cancelled due to COVID-19 office closures. I tried to apply with my temp. work authorization number but that number was rejected.

Does anyone know if / how I can get a COVID-19 stimulus check without a SNN number?
I have not yet filed my 2019 taxes in America. I'm wondering if, after I file my 2019 taxes, I will then be able to receive a COVID-19 relief check.

Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.