Crazy Cat

IRS Stimulus Check Portal is now Active

177 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It will also give information on when payments will be deposited. Ours said today (4/15) and indeed it is already in the bank. 

Mine first said "We don't have enough information to process your payment"........then after I entered my bank info, it said "We will process your payment and deposit it in the bank account you provided"......I just tried to check it to see if I missed the date.....but I can't connect.....I guess the page is being hit pretty hard right now.........Hopefully, I will see a deposit soon...😄

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Mine first said "We don't have enough information to process your payment"........then after I entered my bank info, it said "We will process your payment and deposit it in the bank account you provided"......I just tried to check it to see if I missed the date.....but I can't connect.....I guess the page is being hit pretty hard right now.........Hopefully, I will see a deposit soon...😄

They already had my bank info so maybe your date is yet to be generated.
Ironically, we owe the IRS $2406 for 2019 taxes so bye-bye money. ☹️

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

They already had my bank info so maybe your date is yet to be generated.
Ironically, we owe the IRS $2406 for 2019 taxes so bye-bye money. ☹️

Yep.  Now, it says "When we have a payment date, we will update this page".....so I wait....😁.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

We applied the form I-485 in June 2019. My spouse had EAD card and SSN but we still haven’t heard anything for green card interview. Is she eligible for getting the stimulus check? We just filed our joint tax return yesterday. Thanks!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, BelongtotheSky said:

We applied the form I-485 in June 2019. My spouse had EAD card and SSN but we still haven’t heard anything for green card interview. Is she eligible for getting the stimulus check? We just filed our joint tax return yesterday. Thanks!

It’s all based on filing a tax return and not whether she had a greencard yet.  Ours was paid today based on 2018 filing so it’s possible yours would be paid on 2018 before they process your 2019 return. They should eventually pay the wife’s portion if that happens.

24 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

It’s all based on filing a tax return and not whether she had a greencard yet.  Ours was paid today based on 2018 filing so it’s possible yours would be paid on 2018 before they process your 2019 return. They should eventually pay the wife’s portion if that happens.

This year is the first time we filed tax return together. I mailed out the form 1040 and now realized that we need to write a letter stating that we chose to file tax return together. Is this letter necessary ‘cos we may need to file 1040X to amend/add letter if it is 😖?

Edited by BelongtotheSky

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have already filed my 2019 return jointly with my wife and we owe money around $800. When i enter my information, it only let me punch in my ssn# . so how would i calculate my gross income because we have combined gross income now. 

My Time line is Updated! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, BelongtotheSky said:

This year is the first time we filed tax return together. I mailed out the form 1040 and now realized that we need to write a letter stating that we chose to file tax return together. Is this letter necessary ‘cos we may need to file 1040X to amend/add letter if it is 😖?

If you filed in 2018 and qualify on your income being below $99k, then you will get something...$1200 if your income was below $75k and a reduced amount if between $75k and $99k. You just said you MAILED your 2019 joint return yesterday. They aren’t processing mailed in (paper) returns right now so as I said earlier, you may receive based on 2018 and filing for just yourself. 

Your other question about how you filed without a statement should be asked in the tax forum. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/159-tax-finances-during-us-immigration/ 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Mine is already deposited in my bank account for three (couple and a kid).

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
19 minutes ago, abhatia315 said:

I have already filed my 2019 return jointly with my wife and we owe money around $800. When i enter my information, it only let me punch in my ssn# . so how would i calculate my gross income because we have combined gross income now. 

Your already filed tax return has the AGI, why do you need to calculate yours? The stimulus is based on your tax return already filed.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
3 minutes ago, arken said:

Your already filed tax return has the AGI, why do you need to calculate yours? The stimulus is based on your tax return already filed.

Correct.....and it even explains exactly which line on the 1040 to get the AGI.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.