2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sravani said:

Hey guys, I got my Biometrics letter in mail today. My case status is not updated yet, but super excited that it's one more step closer lol. Anyway, I'm adjusting from K1 and USCIS received my case on April 10th. I'll be going in for my Biometrics on 12th August in Atlanta GA and will update on my experience when I get back from ASC. If anyone is attending biometrics before me, would appreciate if you could share your experience post biometrics :)

Hi, I have biometrics on the same day in ATL😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Roxy&Ryan said:

Hi, I have biometrics on the same day in ATL😊

Ooooo nice! I'm not sure how many ASCs are there in ATL. I'm going to the one in tucker road and my appointment is at 11 AM. What about you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sravani said:

Ooooo nice! I'm not sure how many ASCs are there in ATL. I'm going to the one in tucker road and my appointment is at 11 AM. What about you?

Same here, Chamblee Tucker road, 11am appt. For my son and I. 

Hi, first time posting on VJ, good news  my wife just got her Biometrics letter in mail today. She is scheduled  for August 11th  in ATL. USCIS received the case  on April 13th, we got the NOA1 April 20th. We are very exited that things are moving forward.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nice. Good to know a lot of people getting appointments. For those who have biometrics appointment already, when did y'all file? Usc8s received my case april 23rd, im checking the mailbox everyday for biometrics letter. 😅

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We still haven't received one. Cleveland is our office. Received our case on 4/17. (Still never got our NOA1 in the mail after two inquiries lol..) Here's to hoping for both soon. My husband misses working already 🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, kec523 said:

My husband got his letter today too! Looks like they sent this batch out all at once again! We are in Chicago.  His appointment is 8/14 at the ASC in Norridge.  Our NOA1 was 4/24.  Online still shows as received, no updates there yet. So exciting!!! 

YAY! seems like Norridge is the place to go in Chicago.. also seems like no one got their update online either, not sure if this is a godsend as i'll now stop checking and refreshing the webpage religiously for updates 😂 i just hope they will update it when we are approved and cards and being mailed out.. but its not looking likely

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, YvetteS said:

Hi all, I have some good news to share with you all. I had my I765 and I131 approved today! To give some context, I filed AOS/I765/I131 in April. In May I requested expedite for my I765 as I had a job offer, but it was denied due to lack of biometrics. 

About a week ago I contacted my congressman's office and requested their assistance in getting my work authorization expedited, despite my denial back in May. Fast forward to today and my I765 and I131 are approved. I did have to supply my job offer letter as proof that I had a pending job.

I have still not been issued a biometrics appointment, so I will be unable to be issued a card until that is done, but it's a huge relief to know its approved. 

I suggest contacting your local congressman/woman for assistance with an expedite request if you have a job offer and want your case approved sooner.

20200729_114255.jpg

Looking at your timeline I noticed you crossed the border with your K-1 Visa the same exact day as us. So I assume that like us you have been unable to get a SSN because they shut down all Social Security offices that same day and have not re-opened to in-person services. But you were offered a formal job even without a SSN?  That's a bit unusual isn't it?

Removal of conditions

05-02-23 I-751 sent via FedEx.

05-03-23 I-751 delivered to USCIS address in Tempe AZ.

05-09-23 Check for $680 cashed.

05-15-23 Received I-797 NOA (48-month extension). A separate letter saying biometrics to be re-used. A third letter giving online access code.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just got my appointment letter today in mail for biometrics. Scheduled for 11th August in Greer SC. Looks like lot of movement for April filers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.