2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, Rambava said:

Its still stuck on Case received status for all three and Fingerprint fee was received for I-485. Well hoping will see some action soon. 

Same here. Hoping for some action soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 5:08 AM, Matildathulin said:

Hi again! 

So I’m super excited right now because I received this message last week (see attached photo). I hope this means that my combo card is on its way or at least in the making.

My timeline (adjusting status from K1):

- Sent in the package in the end of April (like almost the last day of April)

- USCIS received the package on May 4th

- Received my NOA1 on May 8th

- Received notification on June 26th that my case was updated to show fingerprints were taken (even though I haven’t done the biometrics)

- Received notification on July 2nd that “new card is being processed” for EAD but my friend told me that it was the same for her and she received the combo card (EAD and AP).

76155009-684A-4B67-8279-C996B4DA7F31.thumb.jpeg.7fb13f56e3b7e563a86044735a5c2b7e.jpeg

Did you ever receive your card?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Matildathulin said:

Waiting for it! They sent it out last week.

I'm confused how you were able to get your EAD without biometrics? Unless I missed something posted earlier in the thread. My husband is still sitting with "Fingerprint fee received" and "Case was received" as of April 17th. :c

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just now, Ethateral said:

I'm confused how you were able to get your EAD without biometrics? Unless I missed something posted earlier in the thread. My husband is still sitting with "Fingerprint fee received" and "Case was received" as of April 17th. :c

I have no idea.. but it states that my case has been approved and everything online.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, James120383 said:

no they are not scheduling anything even now. maybe they are waiting for their Twilight moment 

This is really frustrating, and it is hard to believe that there is not a calculated, sinister, high-up decision behind this. If there are no biometrics appointments, a lot of people are stuck in limbo and cannot get their EAD cards. Fewer EAD cards given out, less competition for jobs, and more Americans employed. Flawed reasoning, but that is the only logical reasoning I can think of. Any other reason why they wouldn't schedule fingerprint appointments?

What is even more frustrating is that if you need fingerprints for a Canadian visa, you can schedule your appointment:
https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en
And don't get your hopes up, this does not work for us as you need a Canadian IRCC number!
You can even do this in Miami, which is now the covid-19 hot spot in the US! If covid-19 was the reason why they didn't open up the ASCs on June 4, they would not open them up now. If they wanted to help us out and make life easier for us, they would.

My hope is that someone with decision-making authority realizes that this is affecting American citizens too. It's not fair to them, and they will vote in November too.

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

49 minutes ago, David_Norway said:

This is really frustrating, and it is hard to believe that there is not a calculated, sinister, high-up decision behind this. If there are no biometrics appointments, a lot of people are stuck in limbo and cannot get their EAD cards. Fewer EAD cards given out, less competition for jobs, and more Americans employed. Flawed reasoning, but that is the only logical reasoning I can think of. Any other reason why they wouldn't schedule fingerprint appointments?

What is even more frustrating is that if you need fingerprints for a Canadian visa, you can schedule your appointment:
And don't get your hopes up, this does not work for us as you need a Canadian IRCC number!
You can even do this in Miami, which is now the covid-19 hot spot in the US! If covid-19 was the reason why they didn't open up the ASCs on June 4, they would not open them up now. If they wanted to help us out and make life easier for us, they would.

My hope is that someone with decision-making authority realizes that this is affecting American citizens too. It's not fair to them, and they will vote in November too.

its all part of Make Wall street great and Make living hell for everyone else program from the white house 

duh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, David_Norway said:

I actually saw this yesterday too and they have available slots for two days after opening my local office so I was even debating if i should make an appointment and just type 0 on the IRCC field 😂 This could at least give an opportunity to go inside but scared not to get in trouble at the same time!

7 minutes ago, SJ2020 said:

I actually saw this yesterday too and they have available slots for two days after opening my local office so I was even debating if i should make an appointment and just type 0 on the IRCC field 😂 This could at least give an opportunity to go inside but scared not to get in trouble at the same time!

Here is the link. you can get ASC biometrics appointments for Canada anywhere in US but not for USA immigration services

https://my.uscis.gov/appointmentscheduler-appointment/ca/en/dates

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
17 minutes ago, SJ2020 said:

Yeah, tempting for sure, but definitely risky. I just hope they get moving soon! This sentence on their website doesn't give me much hope though:
"If you do not receive an appointment notice or notification of biometrics reuse by mail within 90 days of your ASC reopening, call 800-375-5283."
https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-response-covid-19
Why is this not within 30 days??

Does someone need to file a suit for everyone waiting for biometrics? Just like these guys are doing for their naturalization ceremonies:
https://www.inquirer.com/news/immigration-voting-lawsuit-immigrants-philadelphia-glenside-trump-20200714.html

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.