2,698 posts in this topic

This is good we are all finally moving to the next step. Does anyone have any idea how long between biometrics being taken and EAD/AP being approved/issued? I have been led to believe this can be approx 90 days but given we had big delays getting this far, maybe it might happen sooner (without expedite..).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Indie2020 said:

This is good we are all finally moving to the next step. Does anyone have any idea how long between biometrics being taken and EAD/AP being approved/issued? I have been led to believe this can be approx 90 days but given we had big delays getting this far, maybe it might happen sooner (without expedite..).

From past cases it usually is around 90 days. But with USCIS, nothing is certain and on top of that we have a pandemic, so only time will tell for us 🤷🏼‍♀️

12 hours ago, FeelingYoung66 said:

Looking at your timeline I noticed you crossed the border with your K-1 Visa the same exact day as us. So I assume that like us you have been unable to get a SSN because they shut down all Social Security offices that same day and have not re-opened to in-person services. But you were offered a formal job even without a SSN?  That's a bit unusual isn't it?

I have a SSN. I got mine a couple months ago.

On 8/1/2020 at 9:54 PM, kayden123 said:

still nothing here and they received it April 7th, dallas texas

I'm in Texas too. Haven't got any updates either. Hang in there

Edited by ethngd

I did AOS through marrying USC spouse i130 i1485 i1765 i131 all received in early April. Not a word since then. I really need to travel back to Canada ASAP and it's killing me, but its for reasons don't qualify for emergency i131 and the financial loss while real is technically remote (rather not get into specifics, but I have assets in Canada that are being mismanaged).

Anyone have any news on what to expect timing-wise? Located in Southern California.

16 minutes ago, taximan683 said:

Just a note for everyone on a K-1. We went in for our biometrics appointment today 8/3. At the last minute, I decided to bring the marriage certificate because of the name change and her passport having her maiden name. We checked in and our paperwork was given to an immigration officer to check it all over before the fingerprints and photo. The officer said "I hope your marriage certificate is in here". I easily could have left it at home because the letter doesn't say anything about bringing it to the appointment. So, make sure you bring the marriage certificate!

Is this K-1 specific? I have my biometrics appointment on Wednesday but I'm adjusting status from an L-1A

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.