2,698 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, SJ2020 said:

Hi, have you done biometrics? I expedited and got approval July 7th but still won’t receive the card until biometrics are taken even though a lot of the USCIS agents say I should receive the card within 60 days... which is wrong. Also, if you filed both i765and i131 I believe you should get them together. When I expedited i765 both forms got approved and got separate approval notices. Did you get an approval notice for just one of them? 

Hi,

No, but today I received the biometrics appointment in the mail for next week. 

I filed them both at the same time, but have not received any updates on my I-131 online.. so I have only received updates with the I-765.

3 hours ago, James120383 said:

got to court and ask for a emergency order. that is the fasted way to resolve it 

What is an emergency order? Thank you!

On 8/4/2020 at 11:34 AM, MJAK said:

Glad to see things are moving along! I haven't received my biometrics appointment letter but hopefully soon. Anyone from San Diego, CA has their biometrics scheduled?

Hi MJAK. I received my appointment letter for SD on Monday. Appointment date is 8/13 and my NOA is 4/22. If your timeline is similar to mine you should get your appointment soon. Good luck!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Matildathulin said:

When was AOS mailed? And your NOA date?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Small update. I had a change of address from New mexico to dallas texas back in may. I notice recently most bio appointments people were getting, including me, were for 485/765.   which was fine, i think someone said that they'll do 131 with the 765.  Anyways,  our appointment is this monday for 485/765 in fort worth texas.   Today i received another letter for our 131 bio appointment back at our old address in new mexico for tuesday.  just a heads up, since i guess they're sending some separate.  (we filled all 3 together).

agent stated to bring all appointment letters to the first scheduled appointment regardless if its different times/dates/locations and they should clear it up

Edited by kayden123

1 hour ago, Matildathulin said:

Hi,

I filed them both at the same time, but have not received any updates on my I-131 online.. so I have only received updates with the I-765.

What is an emergency order? Thank you!

you go to court and file a case to ask judge to intervene in the adjudication of your petition. 

duh

Timeline
Just now, James120383 said:

you go to court and file a case to ask judge to intervene in the adjudication of your petition. 

Ok, and on what grounds am I asking them to intervene? I’m not following.. 😰

7 minutes ago, Matildathulin said:

Ok thank you! Does this cost anything?

yes i believe the court fees is 400$ and you have to write up a complaint asking the judge to intervene.   you may cite this situation where cards are supposed to be produced within 7 days of approval 

duh

Timeline
7 minutes ago, James120383 said:

yes i believe the court fees is 400$ and you have to write up a complaint asking the judge to intervene.   you may cite this situation where cards are supposed to be produced within 7 days of approval 

Thank you for this! I’ll wait and see because one of my friends who did this process three years ago never got her I-131 status updated online. But when she received the card it was a combo.. so I’m still hoping that this is the case.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pasta said:

Hi MJAK. I received my appointment letter for SD on Monday. Appointment date is 8/13 and my NOA is 4/22. If your timeline is similar to mine you should get your appointment soon. Good luck!  

Congratulations. Is your appointment for the San Marcos or Chula Vista office? My wife’s NOA1 was on 4/10 and our office should be in Chula Vista but no appointment yet. 

2 hours ago, Josias said:

Congratulations. Is your appointment for the San Marcos or Chula Vista office? My wife’s NOA1 was on 4/10 and our office should be in Chula Vista but no appointment yet. 

It is the Chula location. I’m glad I got my appointment but obviously there’s no rhyme or reason as to how they are scheduling.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Pasta said:

It is the Chula location. I’m glad I got my appointment but obviously there’s no rhyme or reason as to how they are scheduling.

It’s ok, good thing you got yours. Hopefully it all goes smoothly for you. Yeah who knows how they scheduled the appointments. Hopefully my wife’s appointment arrives soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline
23 hours ago, Matildathulin said:

A sad update...

Hey everyone, I just got off the phone with USCIS. I am devastated at the moment and feel completely powerless. One month ago I found out that my EAD card was approved. July 23d I got a notification that said that the USCIS sent out the card to me through mail on July 23d and that I should contact them today if I haven't received it yet. No card in sight so I called today.

Apparently they haven't even sent out the damn card yet and it might take 60 days for them to do so. She couldn't say why they haven't, just that I have to be patient (like I haven't been patient through this process).

On top of it all (which makes me the most sad) is that the AP isn't even on the card, she told me that they haven't even started looking at my case yet. I asked her why my AP is not on the EAD card, and she told me that for one to get a combo card you need to specifically apply for it in one of the forms (she didn't know which one and when I have been looking through my application it doesn't show anywhere where you're supposed to do so). And I told her that I didn't see anywhere that you were asked to specifically apply for a combo card because that would happen automatically when you concurrently sent in both I-765 and I-131 together with the AOS document.

I am so angry. I really need to get home because I have a very ill family member (which isn't considered an emergency, only if a family member dies). On USCIS website it says that "A3.  You may receive this card when you file an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. You must file the Forms I-765 and I-131 at the same time in order to receive an EAD and Advance Parole card. Please ensure that you enter your name and address identically on Forms I-765 and I-131 that you file concurrently in order to receive the new card."

What should I do? I am sorry for complaining but I am devastated. Too many bumps in the road that does not make sense (to me).

I expedited my AP because I have a very ill family member. If you have the right documentation to prove this, they are extremely helpful. I got my AP within a week after calling to expedite it. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.