stech786

Skype Interviews during Coronavirus closing

39 posts in this topic

Many embassies are cancelling interviews, causes further delays to interviews. 

If any embassy management is reading this, here is my opinion 

Host Skype Interviews - simple. You can work from home and interviewers can be at home or wherever they have access to Skype. interviews can be 15 mins longer if it have to satisfy the VO. 

If Canada and some European countries are taking 1 month time off, other under develop countries will take far longer time. Plus the staff that is there will be paid regardless of their services.

i totally understand Heath & Safety comes First without question. That’s why we should use technology for it purpose.

Thanks,

Hope someone from embassy consider this option  

44 minutes ago, MovingToFlorida said:

But they need your documents and passport to process the visa

They can mail that in

3 minutes ago, kris&me said:

Not an option

all your personal info has to be on the computer the CO would be using and this is private.  exposing this info to a hacker by officers using home computers would be a big issue 

plus consider the additional costs of a computer tech to install the safety measures on every home based system /  you willing to pay for this?

They already have that info on computer anyways. I’m not asking to build a network setup in each VO house. All you need is laptop, which they already own

they probably use VPN at embassy & can use VPN home.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, stech786 said:

They can mail that in

They already have that info on computer anyways. I’m not asking to build a network setup in each VO house. All you need is laptop, which they already own

they probably use VPN at embassy & can use VPN home.

But I think they need your actual passport to put your visa in it. Not just a copy of it. 

1 hour ago, MovingToFlorida said:

But I think they need your actual passport to put your visa in it. Not just a copy of it. 

Not really. They can send us a document that say visa granted. That’s how I got Dubai Visa. Sent via email, printed out & went to Dubai 

1 hour ago, kris&me said:

Not an option

all your personal info has to be on the computer the CO would be using and this is private.  exposing this info to a hacker by officers using home computers would be a big issue 

plus consider the additional costs of a computer tech to install the safety measures on every home based system /  you willing to pay for this?

That’s what I was saying. With simple email visa process can be completed. No need for old school process. We don’t need a whole new data center in each VO house.

3 minutes ago, stech786 said:

That’s what I was saying. With simple email visa process can be completed. No need for old school process. We don’t need a whole new data center in each VO house.

Unfortunately, given the strain on resources that government's and economies will be facing worldwide, It's hard to see this being something USCIS would give priority to at this time.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Unfortunately, given the strain on resources that government's and economies will be facing worldwide, It's hard to see this being something USCIS would give priority to at this time.  

I see

but what about those people working at oversea embassy actually not working and get paid. They will not be asked to home to US & get laid off. Eventually they will need to do work. Everyone here in states is working from home. 

I think they should grant 30 days visa to all spouses of US citizen to have interview in USA. If they deny, give them 30 days to deport. 

9 minutes ago, stech786 said:

I see

but what about those people working at oversea embassy actually not working and get paid. They will not be asked to home to US & get laid off. Eventually they will need to do work. Everyone here in states is working from home. 

I think they should grant 30 days visa to all spouses of US citizen to have interview in USA. If they deny, give them 30 days to deport. 

How do you know they are not working?  They are working on different tasks, assiting consular services in helping American citizens abroad, for example.  

Just now, Lemonslice said:

How do you know they are not working?  They are working on different tasks, assiting consular services in helping American citizens abroad, for example.  

Don't know for sure. VO are trained for certain services and different staff for different tasks. Visa interviews  are on demand service the embassy provide. Other services include, assisting with passport renewal or lost etc types services. I doubt if those include dozen of people daily visit . Airports are open in that country, so any US citizen can buy ticket and leave if situation get worse.  If staff is hired to do certain work and that work is put on hold or moved, that staff is given LOW (line of work) which mean being laid off. 

I'm not saying they should continue visa service during this time, just look for alternatives

they probably have way more important things to be worried about than someone being upset that they cant get a k1 interview right now

1 hour ago, stech786 said:

They are still providing services to US citizens & emergency cases.

you pretty much answered why here. this is the priority, rightly so

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

8 hours ago, stech786 said:

Many embassies are cancelling interviews, causes further delays to interviews. 

If any embassy management is reading this, here is my opinion 

Host Skype Interviews - simple. You can work from home and interviewers can be at home or wherever they have access to Skype. interviews can be 15 mins longer if it have to satisfy the VO. 

If Canada and some European countries are taking 1 month time off, other under develop countries will take far longer time. Plus the staff that is there will be paid regardless of their services.

i totally understand Heath & Safety comes First without question. That’s why we should use technology for it purpose.

Thanks,

Hope someone from embassy consider this option  

immigrants is not a priority 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.