81 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello

Today my wife had her CR-1 Interview in Islamabad, Pakistan. They gave her 221G ( See attached Image ) form asking to upload Petitioner and Beneficiary previous marriage photographs my wife told the CO /interpreter that we don't have photos of our previous marriage she told her that is your problem and walked away . I was able to find 2 pictures of me with my ex. But my wife she can't find any pictures of herself with her ex or other family members from her previous wedding day. What should we do ? Upload what we have?

They kept her Passport original marriage certificates

and previous marriage termination documents for both wedding photos and NADRA FRC 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

20200306_033642.jpg

Edited by CH Saab

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Going through said:

Are you sure they were asking for photos from your previous marriage....or photos from your current marriage when the wedding took place?  Seems strange they would want wedding photos with ex spouses...  I'm wondering if it was a misunderstanding since she was using an interpreter?

Perhaps her family members would have held on to some of those old photos?

That's what it says on 221G form 1st wedding pictures of petitioner + Beneficiary. We gave them over 30 pictures of our current marriage 

Edited by CH Saab

Timeline

Islamabad embassy always ask for something which people don't have it. This is their trick to put on AP. I heared from other people same thing about previous relationship. All the best. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, CH Saab said:

That's what it says on 221G form 1st wedding pictures of petitioner + Beneficiary. We gave them over 30 pictures of our current marriage 

Hopefully she has family members who can locate a couple of the older photos then...

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Sofiaanu said:

Islamabad embassy always ask for something which people don't have it. This is their trick to put on AP. I heared from other people same thing about previous relationship. All the best. 

Don't think it's a "trick to put on AP" since all CR-1s go through AP no matter what embassy or country of origin---AP may be faster or slower for some though depending of various factors...

But I have heard that Islamabad can be one of the tougher embassies to go through, unfortunately.  Best of luck to the OP!

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

44 minutes ago, Sofiaanu said:

No most people go through AP because the Pakistan government doesn't have a centralized police check system.  There's no trick. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline
1 hour ago, Going through said:

Hopefully she has family members who can locate a couple of the older photos then...

We are asking family members 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, NikLR said:

No most people go through AP because the Pakistan government doesn't have a centralized police check system.  There's no trick. 

Then how they do security check ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
4 hours ago, CH Saab said:

They gave her 221G ( See attached Image ) form asking to upload Petitioner and Beneficiary previous marriage photographs my wife told the CO /interpreter that we don't have photos of our previous marriage she told her that is your problem and walked away .

This is totally ridiculous. There are more than a few people who get rid of all photos of their previous marriage. Like others have said, ask around from family members however if you cannot get more, provide what you have. You cannot go back in time and take new ones.

Perhaps they hope to find out that you guys are related and were at each others previous wedding to say this marriage is a sham? Fishing expedition? Did your perhaps petition for your previous spouse?

Edited by Ray.Bonaquist

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
4 hours ago, CH Saab said:

Hello

Today my wife had her CR-1 Interview in Islamabad, Pakistan. They gave her 221G ( See attached Image ) form asking to upload Petitioner and Beneficiary previous marriage photographs my wife told the CO /interpreter that we don't have photos of our previous marriage she told her that is your problem and walked away . I was able to find 2 pictures of me with my ex. But my wife she can't find any pictures of herself with her ex or other family members from her previous wedding day. What should we do ? Upload what we have?

They kept her Passport original marriage certificates

and previous marriage termination documents for both wedding photos and NADRA FRC 

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated

20200306_033642.jpg

Does a wedding video exist? You can take pics from there too. It doesn’t have to be actual photographs.

4 hours ago, Sofiaanu said:

This is kind of a self referential conspiracy theory, how would the officer know the person doesn’t have it before they ask? 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Question, was her previous marriage a local marriage? No green card involved?

Yes beneficiary first marriage was registered & terminated in Pakistan.

3 hours ago, Sofiaanu said:

Then how they do security check ?

Names, birthdates, gender, references. Pakistani police certificates arent required for a reason. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.