81 posts in this topic

quick turn around, blah blah makes sense for bonafide relationship or not, but needing pics of previous marraiges , dont make any sense to me. I dont think visa can be denied only on this base that you dont have pics of previous marraige. it could be if op didnt have pics of this marraige. i think it is rude to ask for those pics first place, i mean i defend IO in almost all cases but this is just rude to me.

if my spouse had previous marraige and had pics of them in record i just would not like her to have them at all anyways, actually i would be extremely mad about that. it is just not making sense to me maybe i am missing some important part here about case. it just seem rude & ignorant demand to me

Edited by Abcd1234

24 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

quick turn around, blah blah makes sense for bonafide relationship or not, but needing pics of previous marraiges , dont make any sense to me. I dont think visa can be denied only on this base that you dont have pics of previous marraige. it could be if op didnt have pics of this marraige. i think it is rude to ask for those pics first place, i mean i defend IO in almost all cases but this is just rude to me.

if my spouse had previous marraige and had pics of them in record i just would not like her to have them at all anyways, actually i would be extremely mad about that. it is just not making sense to me maybe i am missing some important part here about case. it just seem rude & ignorant demand to me

Well maybe it’s “rude and ignorant” but I’m presuming that there is a reason they ask for it, and it’s not to be willfully obstructive, conspiracy theories aside. We know there are issues with Pakistani documents and checks etc (detailed in the reciprocity pages), so my base assumption is it’s something to do with that - I’m just not clear on what the actual thinking process is. 

28 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Well maybe it’s “rude and ignorant” but I’m presuming that there is a reason they ask for it, and it’s not to be willfully obstructive, conspiracy theories aside. We know there are issues with Pakistani documents and checks etc (detailed in the reciprocity pages), so my base assumption is it’s something to do with that - I’m just not clear on what the actual thinking process is. 

There is definitely no conspiracy theory,  they never have a reason for OP to keep case in AP if they wanted it in AP they wouldn't need this kind of excuse to show a reason of AP. So no its not for a reason to keep case in AP.

Just that, if someone asks me to bring photo of my spouse sitting as bride with her ex happily,  i would be extremely mad nor would she have any pic like that if she is in my life. Period. Every one is different,  but it would make me extremely mad.

Maybe a different way to check whatever they are checking,  but this is rude, i am not gonna sugarcoat it.

Edited by Abcd1234

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I bet you’d somehow find someone to ask for one if spending the rest of your life with your true love depended on it, though. You surely wouldn’t give up on that for lack of a picture.

~~

I think the red flag here is the serial sponsor aspect coupled with the speedy turnaround from one wife to the next. I’m not really sure how or why photographs of the exes fit into it though, and would be interested if anyone knows the thinking behind that.  

Honestly, I doubt I’d find one even then... . But fortunately for me, hubby is my first marriage and will be my last marriage 😁 my ex was just a waste of 18 years (never married) 🙄

but yeah I don’t see how photos of this guys ex relates unless they are looking to compare happy families 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, CH Saab said:

Did you give them? What happened after that?

I submitted just after 4 days of interview. Now its 47 day but no even a single update.. 

7 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

There is definitely no conspiracy theory,  they never have a reason for OP to keep case in AP if they wanted it in AP they wouldn't need this kind of excuse to show a reason of AP. So no its not for a reason to keep case in AP.

Just that, if someone asks me to bring photo of my spouse sitting as bride with her ex happily,  i would be extremely mad nor would she have any pic like that if she is in my life. Period. Every one is different,  but it would make me extremely mad.

Maybe a different way to check whatever they are checking,  but this is rude, i am not gonna sugarcoat it.

You'd be extremely mad that your wife kept a photo about a period of time in her life?  Wow.  Just wow.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 hours ago, NikLR said:

You'd be extremely mad that your wife kept a photo about a period of time in her life?  Wow.  Just wow.  

Not only me, many will be, many would delete every one of them.u may have a different opinion. But to say that u can't find those photos its your problem,  implying visa of your spouse is stuck until that is obsurd

14 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

Not only me, many will be, many would delete every one of them.u may have a different opinion. But to say that u can't find those photos its your problem,  implying visa of your spouse is stuck until that is obsurd

Different deciding to do it yourself and between being forced to do it by a controlling spouse, But anyway your position on how mad you’d be is irrelevant. You also can’t say it’s absurd without understanding the reasoning. Pakistan has various things not found elsewhere, such as not being able to remarry a spouse unless you married someone else in the interim. Unless you know the reasoning you can’t just dismiss it. Anyway whether or not you think it’s absurd isn’t really relevant either, seeing as it’s required by the embassy, 

6 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Different deciding to do it yourself and between being forced to do it by a controlling spouse, But anyway your position on how mad you’d be is irrelevant. You also can’t say it’s absurd without understanding the reasoning. Pakistan has various things not found elsewhere, such as not being able to remarry a spouse unless you married someone else in the interim. Unless you know the reasoning you can’t just dismiss it. Anyway whether or not you think it’s absurd isn’t really relevant either, seeing as it’s required by the embassy, 

No one is controlling,  in order to be in my life, there are few things that she may have same things. No one is talking about controlling, question is simple, a couple may not like to have them. If immigration doubts this marraige or previous ask some proof. Cant be saying you dont have pics of previous marriage,  it is your problem we need them. It gets challenged in court no court would require to necessarily present pics of previous marraige in order to process visa. Someone dont have it and they deleted them, it is their life.

You can say hey we dont believe your relationship or we think you cant marry, we think your ex marraige was fraud, give us xyz proof. Asking for pics of previous marriage that a couple didnt keep and then saying it is your problem we need them. I think it can be challenged in court.

I know there is tendency to defend immigration officers here, i mostly do as well. But this is wrong

Edited by Abcd1234

5 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

No one is controlling,  in order to be in my life, there are few things that she may have same things. No one is talking about controlling, question is simple, a couple may not like to have them. If immigration doubts this marraige or previous ask some proof. Cant be saying you dont have pics of previous marriage,  it is your problem we need them. It gets challenged in court no court would require to necessarily present pics of previous marraige in order to process visa. Someone dont have it and they deleted them, it is their life.

You can say hey we dont believe your relationship or we think you cant marry, we think your ex marraige was fraud, give us proof that satisfies us. Asking for pics of previous marriage that a couple didnt keep and then saying it is your problem we need them. I think it can be challenged in court.

I know there is tendency to defend immigration officers here, i mostly do as well. But this is wrong

11 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

if someone asks me to bring photo of my spouse sitting as bride with her ex happily,  i would be extremely mad nor would she have any pic like that if she is in my life. Period

Sounds controlling to me. Again, irrelevant to OP. Again, you don’t know the reasoning they are asking. So you also cannot say no court would uphold it but in any case it would never get near a court, do you know about consular non-reviewability?

6 minutes ago, Abcd1234 said:

Someone dont have it and they deleted them, it is their life

You’re right, its their life and the couple can also choose to live in Pakistan if they don’t have or want to find photos.

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Sounds controlling to me. Again, irrelevant to OP. Again, you don’t know the reasoning they are asking. So you also cannot say no court would uphold it but in any case it would never get near a court, do you know about consular non-reviewability?

You’re right, its their life and the couple can also choose to live in Pakistan if they don’t have or want to find photos.

Every couple have some things they expect from their partner in order to be together, if it is controlling then every partner controls things,  it could be not have extramarital affairs or whatever it is their life. What seems perfect for one may not be for other couple. But i don't know why we r indulging in this debate.

I will be very surprised if visa gets denied and uscis says it was denied because applicant dint kept photos of previous marriage. It could be denied for fraud or whatever and that reason that op would get in case like this should be given to them at consular level.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Not wasting any more time on irrelevant debates that don’t help OP, our opinions don’t matter, providing the evidence they want matters.

Thanks to that

21 hours ago, MM&HM said:

Yea that is weird. Not just asking the question of why this even matters, especially if you submitted some kind of previous marriage termination documents, but how would they even know what your ex's look like anyhow? 

Lol I like this one! Straight away made me think send a picture of some random chick in costume 😂😂😂

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.