KelevraUSA

AOS interview and questions upon arrival in US

63 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

When I first crossed the US border in December at the airport and passed through CBP, I declared that my intentions were to travel and to visit friend from college, which was true, but I never mentioned I have wife in US. Only eventually in February me and my wife decided to opt for AOS through a lawyer. I was held at CPB office at the airport, anyway, for further information like how much money I had, why I have had crossed the border several times in 2019 etc. 

Is there a chance that what I declared at the border would come up during the OAS interview? If so, I will tell the truth undoubtedly but can it affect my AOS application? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Yeah sounds like a high risk. I’d return to home country and start CR1/IR1 process.

looking at it from a IO perspective you waited the “recommended” 3 months to suddenly change your mind and it’s hard to believe for them that if you had true intentions to leave after a vacation stay, there would be no lose ends in your home country that you would want to tie up before moving.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sparkle Sparkle said:

Yeah you lied... You might be accused of visa fraud 

On what basis I lied? I said the truth about traveling, visiting friends, having meetings with professors in the city. I can prove it . I was never asked about my wife so I did not say anything. Many lawyers I know say that  the less you declare at the border the better is, unless you are asked to. 

So do not shoot freaky answers.

2 minutes ago, RockoUSA said:

So do not shoot freaky answers.

Refer to the TOS.

You may not get the answers you want, but members are free to post on your thread.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Refer to the TOS.

You may not get the answers you want, but members are free to post on your thread.

I just do not get people  jumping to conclusions without either having solid informations about I my current case or being in my same situation. I do not think that answer  "yeah you lied" was so proper to what I asked. My opinion since I am free to post. 

My opinion since I am free to post. 

Yup, everyone is.  "Freaky answers" as well.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Yeah sounds like a high risk. I’d return to home country and start CR1/IR1 process.

looking at it from a IO perspective you waited the “recommended” 3 months to suddenly change your mind and it’s hard to believe for them that if you had true intentions to leave after a vacation stay, there would be no lose ends in your home country that you would want to tie up before moving.

The immigration lawyers we hired, said the 60/90 day rules is not an issue in my case/circumstances. She have had thousands of case like me. I could have stay in previous visits to US but I always left the country legally. 

Timeline

The immigration lawyers we hired, said the 60/90 day rules is not an issue in my case/circumstances. She have had thousands of case like me. I could have stay in previous visits to US but I always left the country legally. 

We’ve seen lots of bad lawyer advise here on VJ, hence many people decide to file on their own. VJ is a DIY forum with many very experienced users.

You asked if we see potential issues and we replied with the potential issues we see. It’s up to you if you want to take our advise or not. All can go well, or all can go bad because it can very well look like you’re trying to take the short cut.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

We’ve seen lots of bad lawyer advise here on VJ, hence many people decide to file on their own. VJ is a DIY forum with many very experienced users.

You asked if we see potential issues and we replied with the potential issues we see. It’s up to you if you want to take our advise or not. All can go well, or all can go bad because it can very well look like you’re trying to take the short cut.

ok, however my question was whether what I answered to CBP upon entrance would come up during the interview or not. I know that some authorities do not share info between each other, like SSA and USCIS. That's why I asked the question. 

Edited by RockoUSA

Timeline

ok, however my question was whether what I said to CBP upon entrance would come up during the interview or not. I know that some authorities do not share info between each other, like SSA and USCIS. That's why I asked the question. 

It can come up. USCIS has access to that data. And from USCIS POV you might have willingly omitted the piece of information on intending to meet your wife during your visit.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

It can come up. USCIS has access to that data. And from USCIS POV you might have willingly omitted the piece of information on intending to meet your wife during your visit.

But I was not asked to specifically declare which people I was going to visit, which I guess is different from being asked if I was visiting my wife or not.

Anyway, it seems that if I am admitted at POE there, intent to stay is no longer an issue.

Edited by RockoUSA

Timeline
1 minute ago, RockoUSA said:

But I was not asked to specifically declare which people I was going to visit, which I guess is different from being asked if I was visiting my wife or not.

We are not the ones you need to convince :)

you were probably asked what’s the purpose of your visit and as said above omitted the part where you’re visiting your wife. It’ll be hard to proof that you did not intend to see your wife during your stay, if it comes to that.

It may or may not come up. Don't be surprised either way. If you entered the country without the intend of marriage than you can adjust legally. If you entered the country with the intend to marry, you are not allowed to adjust.

"Edit"

Now that i have seen some more of your posts and questions I begin to wonder as to what your intent really is. Regardless you do appear to gravely underestimate the intelligence of the US government  and that usually does not end well with visa applications.

Edited by Fr8dog
see edit

You seem to know this was your intent from the beginning given what you laid out in your other thread about using a fake SSN to work

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.