dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2020

949 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
10 hours ago, David & Olga said:

Thank god! Got my DQ email today from the NVC

Submitted 01/09/2020 - first and only submission. 

I did not submit my DS5540 Public Charge Questionnaire but it was advised by my Lawyer to fill this out and bring it to the interview. 

Congratulations!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, Aasish Chandra said:

Hey guys I have a question. After port of entry will I get social security card mailed to me or will I have to go to local office to apply for it. I choose to get it mailed to me on DS260

It will be mailed to you.

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
11 hours ago, David & Olga said:

Thank god! Got my DQ email today from the NVC.

Hey David&Olga,

Congratulations and thank you for all your help on this forum of discussions. You were always there to answer :)

Goodluck for the rest of the process. Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, MRamak said:

Appreciate your feedback regarding a 1099 document that I uploaded as part of additional AOS as a petitioner and this upload is tilted left.

Sorry MRamak, I have no answer for that. Hope someone else on the forum knows more about it.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

This morning we got our interview letter!

DQ: Feb 19 2020

IL: Mar 11 2020

ID: Apr 1 2020

yayy! how exciting!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, bel044 said:

Hey- update.  The messages did load eventually.  Apparently I added my mother as MY household member, not my father's household member.  I have to re-add her as my father's household member and resubmit her documents.  I find this very odd because I feel like I wouldn't have made such a silly mistake, but I have no way of verifying if it was truly my mistake because they already removed her from my CEAC account.  I called and asked if it would be another 9 weeks before they even look at my case again, and of course the woman said she couldn't make any promises and then gave me a long speech about not rushing through the submission and that it would be all worth it in the end 🙄.  I appreciate her partial empathy (lecturing?), but I feel like I've been punched in the stomach thinking of another possible 2+ month wait.  It's so unfair that ONE little thing that would take no time to review sits in their queue for two months.  

Gosh, I'm so sorry, that's frustrating, especially considering this could have potentially been a glitch on their end (because, let's be real, their site is full of bugs and always crashing!). I really hope you have a quick turnaround with this review. 🤞

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hey Everyone,

Small question. This is totally kafkaian 🤪... my husband (us citizen)'s Health Insurance is asking for my SSN (social security number) which of course, I don't have yet, to add me on his Health Insurance plan.

Does any of you know when we get that number, at what stage? Before/after/at the same time we get the green card?

Many thanks for your patience,

Alix

Hey Alix , 

you will receive your SSN after you enter the US , obviously within a month 😀

3 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Congratulations, @LilyJ! I'm really happy for you, especially since you've been incredibly helpful to so many people on this forum. I'll be sad to see you leave (for purely selfish reasons), but wish you and yours all the best moving forward. You deserve a celebration!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
54 minutes ago, HDia said:

I'm so happy! Got DQ'ed today!

Submission date 1/15. First submission and I didn't submit form DS-5540. 

Congrats🎉

4 hours ago, LilyJ said:

Congrats🎉

Timeline
1 hour ago, HDia said:

I'm so happy! Got DQ'ed today!

Submission date 1/15. First submission and I didn't submit form DS-5540. 

woohoo! congratulations!!! 🎉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.