Koko bongo

Trump's Travel Ban Mega Thread

2,378 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Beedee170407 said:

My husband doesn’t have an American passport but has decided to work on getting one so he can visit me.

This is going to be your best option to see each other in the short term, for your husband to visit you in Nigeria.  Having a pending I-130 petition shows immigrant intent, and coming from Nigeria with the travel ban it will be difficult but not impossible for you to visit.  You can always try, but be prepared in case you are denied at POE and sent home.  The CR-1 process takes a long time anyway, so just wait like we all did and hope for the best.  You may eventually be able to file a waiver.  Trump may lose the election in November.  In the end if you can't live together in the US, after trying and waiting, your husband could move to Nigeria, or a third country where you could both be together.  Good luck and stay strong!  Love finds a way to overcome everything.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Interviews will still happen

you, if approved,  will be put on hold till ban is lifted/ that is what is happening in other banned countries.  some have hired lawyers 

tourist visas are not on  the ban but this is a joke as getting one from Nigeria is already hard

they still also have the dv lottery (which is an immigrant visa) so we wait to see what they do there

You may be denied if you are a Nigerian citizen and you will be required to file for a waiver, however that is up to the Consular Officer and your case. the travel ban can be overturned or blocked by US courts. I suggest you keep yourself informed on the situation on this site, and attend your interview as scheduled. Anything can happen, it’s a wild rodeo! 

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

Since you are Pakistani you are not subject to the Kyrgyzstan ban.  Interview where it is convenient for you and where you have residency.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

2 minutes ago, Asanwa said:

@SorrowL, let’s say another person wins the presidency this year, can they over turn all this immigration bans put up by Trump?

Technically yes, but you’d have to wait around 50 weeks for a chance of that. 

Edited by SorrowL

visa Issued

18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Interviews will still happen

you, if approved,  will be put on hold till ban is lifted/ that is what is happening in other banned countries.  some have hired lawyers 

tourist visas are not on  the ban but this is a joke as getting one from Nigeria is already hard

they still also have the dv lottery (which is an immigrant visa) so we wait to see what they do there

Nigeria has not been eligible for the DV lottery for a few years already, as the number of immigrants to the US has surpassed the low levels required for a country to be eligible. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Since you are Pakistani you are not subject to the Kyrgyzstan ban.  Interview where it is convenient for you and where you have residency.

@Paul&Mary thanks We just freaking out , we didn’t submit documents (DS-260 and AOS etc ) to NVC yet , someone told me we still have option to correct embessy while filling DS-260 , but it’s canna be hard for me bcz I can’t manage time to go pakistan for interview, so we are ok if we don’t change embessy or should go ahead US embessy in kyrgyzstan?? Thanks a lot 

The ban can be stopped, Overturned, or blocked pending court review. If not, your other option is to get a waiver.

visa Issued

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Angel4love said:

This is quite heart breaking for those of us awaiting appointment at the Embassy in Lagos, Nigeria.

What option do we have now?

This is pathetic😭

Bans are always imposed when a country fails to comply with certain standards the U S wants them to comply. If Nigeria does everything they are expected to do vis a vis the American government,  the ban could be lifted. I'm counting on that.

1 minute ago, Angel4love said:

A waiver from who?

The consular Officer you see during your visa interview will inform you how you can overcome your denial, if it is possible.

visa Issued

20 minutes ago, Voilet said:

so we are ok if we don’t change embessy or should go ahead US embessy in kyrgyzstan??

You are fine since you hold a Pakistani passport.  You are classified as a Third Country National.  When you interview and upload to NVC just be prepared that you will need to upload or have documents from both countries.  

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Hello legal experts please help. I'm from Nigeria , one of the countries added to Trump's new visa ban. My two year green card has expired and I have since filed to remove the conditional residence and get 10 years greencard . My application was filed since January 2019 and it remain pending. My question is how does this ban affect me? Can I still get my 10 years green card? Can I still file for citizenship? And finally Can I apply to get the new traveling documents to travel with my expired greencard and return to the states without any problems? Please help. Thanks in advance for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.