dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MWhite said:

Haha honestly maybe I am being overly cautious with everything but with all the delays over little silly things I’ve seen on here and I’ve experienced myself I think it’s the best way to go. 

Very true, the smallest mistake can cost you 9 weeks! Better to be safe than sorry.

1 minute ago, RPC said:

We just wrote a very short letter stating why my husband didn't file and listing the years he didn't file, it was 3 lines, then signed and dated. We then provided proof (i.e. overseas student registration details) It was accepted by the NVC.

Thanks alot! I was thinking the letter had to be very detailed or smthg but you put my mind at ease.

Goodluck with evrythg!

Just now, Nnmm193 said:

Thanks alot! I was thinking the letter had to be very detailed or smthg but you put my mind at ease.

Goodluck with evrythg!

We cover all the bases, we just explained very simply why he didn't file and when and gave evidence. No need to overcomplicate it. Just make sure you provide evidence!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

FYI - For anyone requiring a UK police clearance & is currently outside of the UK, it took me 9 Calendar days to receive an expedited clearance. 

hey their quick question!!!

I accidentally put my date of birth as current date on my affidavit form? will they reject it? I was suppose to put it in november 7th 2019 and just checked! im so dumb. :( 

so should I go ahead and resubmit it again? with the correct date on the date section? ugh my little mistake! I want to do it now before they reject that way it won't be long wait. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Hi there! I am pretty sure I saw a petitioner say they needed to provide proof of income - is that accurate? (Could be going cRaZy) 

Woops I meant applicant 

Filed: Other Country: Oman
Timeline
On 2/1/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jon & Ygritte said:

If the petitioner has been married earlier, does he/she need to upload a divorce decree at NVC? We have already submitted it to USCIS with the I-130>

We didn't uploading at NVC stage and I was approved

Ok... please wish me luck.. about to upload police certificate again.. new one just came in the mail and as suspected it’s identical to the last two they’ve been given... I followed all the links and instructions provided on the US embassy website (Sydney) perfectly... if they tell me it’s the wrong one again then I give up.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Good morning everyone!  Or good evening depending on where u live.  Okay, so I made a really really really stupid mistake.  I have a joint sponsor, and added her household member.  When I thought I attached his I-864a, I accidentally submitted the sponsor's I-864.  There is abosolutely no way that I can delete it and NVC's ask nvc site is down.  I have no idea what to do!  Can someone please save me!!!  Thank you all for your replies in advance.  

1 hour ago, aabd1987 said:

Good morning everyone!  Or good evening depending on where u live.  Okay, so I made a really really really stupid mistake.  I have a joint sponsor, and added her household member.  When I thought I attached his I-864a, I accidentally submitted the sponsor's I-864.  There is abosolutely no way that I can delete it and NVC's ask nvc site is down.  I have no idea what to do!  Can someone please save me!!!  Thank you all for your replies in advance.  

Try calling them to explain the situation and ask nicely if they’ll reopen it.. it’s likely you’ll need to follow the conversation with an email

they open in exactly 3.5hours from now.. 7am their time 

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
13 hours ago, 9000miles said:

Received DQ today India CR-1 case. December 7th submission.

Yes yes yes ! Wunderbach! Very happy for you!

Everytime one of you gets DK, we are one step forward to being DQ too. Or at least that is how it feels.

Good luck with the rest of the process. And take care!

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.