dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

I submitted my documents to nvc  on december 4th 2019 I got reply back on January 28 that they rejected one my affidavit and they needed w2s  And more stuffs but they accepted civil documents an everything else I resubmitted it again on Feb 4 of this months does anybody knows how long it will take for them.to reply the second resubmition?

Edited by Zoya2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Zoya2020 said:

Hello everyone

I submitted my documents to nvc  on december 4th 2019 I got reply back on January 28 that they rejected one my affidavit and they needed w2s  And more stuffs but they accepted civil documents an everything else I resubmitted it again on Feb 4 of this months does anybody knows how long it will take for them.to reply the second resubmition?

Resubmission puts you at the back of the line. Currently NVC is processing cases submitted 9 weeks ago. You should hear from them sometime in April. 

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Zoya2020 said:

Do you know how long it takes them to scadule interview after DQ ?

It depends on your consulate. You can check the spreadsheet and see how long it took for other members of your country :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Ah ok - I thought so too - and I'm not crazy (yet).

Thank you Ghostfoxgoddess!

It seems they updated the NVC instructions page, but the new page doesn’t have the timeframe 🤔 or maybe it’s an old page, not sure

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

Edited by Iscir

1 hour ago, Iscir said:

It seems they updated the NVC instructions page, but the new page doesn’t have the timeframe 🤔 or maybe it’s an old page, not sure

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html

I guess they just updated the web. Here's the link (but still unavailable to access yet)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Timeline
3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

(pragmatical question... I cannot find anymore the link to NVC website where they give the timeframe for reviewing cases... can anyone post the link here ? many thanks :))

Here is an archived version ( archived Feb 4 2020 ) of the link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20200204175709/https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

The archived information will probably stay current until midday Monday (or Tuesday) when NVC updates the page. 

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/8/2020 at 7:00 PM, LilyJ said:

You might qualify for the I864EZ if you aren't using any assets; however a lot of people who should qualify get told by NVC to replace the EZ with the regular I864 so that might be the safest bet

Thanks - We did go with the EZ version but I was thrown off by the regular i864 appearing to be for multiple family members applying. 

Matt

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Me and my husband just completed submitting our documents for the Ds260 - so not the wait starts again. I am not sure how long I should expect it to take, I have seen a lot of people mention 6 weeks. 

Woot!

Matt

Hello everyonehttps://www.visajourney.com/profile/286866-mattyuktous/

I submitted my documents to nvc  on december 4th 2019 I got reply back on January 28 that they rejected one my affidavit and they needed w2s  And more stuffs but they accepted civil documents an everything else I resubmitted it again on Feb 4 of this months does anybody knows how long it will take for them.to reply the second resubmition?

Timeline
8 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Ah ok - I thought so too - and I'm not crazy (yet).

Thank you Ghostfoxgoddess!

It seems like they have revamped that part of the website and broke it. The new submit documents page says "To determine which cases NVC is currently reviewing, please refer to the NVC Timeframes page on the right navigation bar. " The page it links to does not show the times. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

New

image.thumb.png.7b41eba73ee259bf2116b5ee9090bd83.png

Old

image.thumb.png.2a7ca727fdcf0f6f5faa5bde4c61954c.png

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Zoya2020 said:

Hello everyonehttps://www.visajourney.com/profile/286866-mattyuktous/

I submitted my documents to nvc  on december 4th 2019 I got reply back on January 28 that they rejected one my affidavit and they needed w2s  And more stuffs but they accepted civil documents an everything else I resubmitted it again on Feb 4 of this months does anybody knows how long it will take for them.to reply the second resubmition?

Look at @LilyJ's signature. She was missing one document, just like you, and she resubmitted on Dec 18th 2019. She has not heard anything from NVC yet.

According to NVC:

Current case review time: As of 3-FEB-2020, we are reviewing documents submitted to us on 4-DEC-2019.

According to NVC they are 9 weeks behind. Adding 9 weeks to February 4th should give you the expected response date for your case (assuming they don't speed up or slow down).

It might not seem logical. However, as far as processing times go, NVC does not treat second\third\fourth submissions any different from the first ones.

Hopefully this answer was more satisfactory than the one I gave earlier.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

Timeline
8 hours ago, Iscir said:

6 hours ago, pincushion said:

I completely missed the part where you said the new page was updated 🤣

Step 6 is step 9 now https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents/step-9-upload-and-submit-scanned-documents.html

And no timeframes 🙃

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

13 hours ago, RPC said:

We met all the requirements to use the EZ, but were asked to resubmit using 1-864, the reason given was loosely based around tax returns. We included 2018, but not 17&16 as my husband was living overseas with me during this period. The information we submitted on both forms was exactly the same, and cost us 9 weeks of additional waiting.

We used EZ, no problems with it and were accepted.. we submitted 3 years of transcripts and a letter of employment from his company.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.