dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2020

782 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Kbraine10 said:

Submitted all docs Dec 9

All docs accepted except Police Cert today. My husband got the "standard disclosure" instead of "complete disclosure" required for Australia. 

I guess the waiting game starts again. Hopefully it wont be another 9 weeks once we submit the right doc 😑

I’d double check to be sure, don’t believe NVC saying it’s not the right one.. I’m having heaps of problems with AFP certificate and it’s been the correct one all along. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

31 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

I’d double check to be sure, don’t believe NVC saying it’s not the right one.. I’m having heaps of problems with AFP certificate and it’s been the correct one all along. 

You finally got it accepted?!?!

52 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Not yet.. I resubmitted “Again” a new certificate yesterday.. I followed the instructions from us consulate (Sydney) web when getting it.. new certificate is identical to the 2 previously sent to NVC that keep getting rejected as the wrong one.. NVC argument is it needs to be titled Fedral Police Check, issued by AFP.. but they don’t title it Fedral, they title it National. Which means exactly the same thing.

This time, im not waiting for them to review and say it’s wrong again.. im requesting an expedite due to their error in assessment and attaching link, page prints from Sydney embassy to National Certificate as the requirement and AFP certificate example, highlighting it’s the correct one and their f*up.. noting that a 14 week delay in my processing due to their f*up is not acceptable and requires immediate rectification 

I've been following your case and someone clearly f*cked up when reviewing your docs.

In my case though, the NVC clearly requests the complete disclosure and we submitted the standard disclosure so hopefully that is the only issue.

Regardless, I'm anxious to see what happens with you and hopefully we can avoid the same problems 😕

2 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I do plan to call but I cant imagine I'm going to get a difference answer than what they've told you or what my message on CEAC says 😕

@Duke & Marie @Clayera Wanted to keep you in the loop.... just got off the phone with NVC (2.5 hour wait time). The agent I spoke with said he couldn't see a reason that our police certificate (he said correct issuing authority and correct check) was rejected and sent it over for supervisor review. I'm not hopeful, but it's something and we've ordered a "complete disclosure" to take place of the "standard disclosure" just in case.

15 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I think you are right. Maybe for certain countries (but I doubt it), they still have to send files through snail mail.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I think that's right.

Could somebody update this part of the VJ NVC Guide? (https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/nvc_process/) I found it to be a bit confusing trying to use that as the official NVC guide/bible as people here recommend but then it talking about manila envelopes, etc:

NVCguide1.thumb.png.fb40230db3803d78b4152743842e70d8.png

Thank you!

-Smoothsailing

3 hours ago, Kbraine10 said:

@Duke & Marie @Clayera Wanted to keep you in the loop.... just got off the phone with NVC (2.5 hour wait time). The agent I spoke with said he couldn't see a reason that our police certificate (he said correct issuing authority and correct check) was rejected and sent it over for supervisor review. I'm not hopeful, but it's something and we've ordered a "complete disclosure" to take place of the "standard disclosure" just in case.

It’s crazy.. I don’t think anyone there knows what it’s meant to look like.. but damned annoying that’s for sure, 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
14 hours ago, Kbraine10 said:

I guess the waiting game starts again. Hopefully it wont be another 9 weeks once we submit the right doc 😑

Hopefully, the clock doesn't start from the beginning. For a simple document like that, let's hope they review you within 2 weeks. Fingers crossed.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Can anyone point me to which I-864 I need - there seems to be lots of them and I am struggling to see which one. 

I am the spouse - I-130 at the NVC stage - no co sponsors or other family members. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Can anyone point me to which I-864 I need - there seems to be lots of them and I am struggling to see which one. 

I am the spouse - I-130 at the NVC stage - no co sponsors or other family members. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

You might qualify for the I864EZ if you aren't using any assets; however a lot of people who should qualify get told by NVC to replace the EZ with the regular I864 so that might be the safest bet

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

1 hour ago, LilyJ said:

You might qualify for the I864EZ if you aren't using any assets; however a lot of people who should qualify get told by NVC to replace the EZ with the regular I864 so that might be the safest bet

Has anyone ever said what the NVC's reason was for asking them to replace the EZ with the regular I-864? We're planning on doing the EZ because I won't have a joint sponsor and my husband isn't using any assets. We can always change to I-864, that's not a problem, but I want know why because knowing the NVC they'll tell us to switch to the EZ if we do file the regular 864, and will tell us to switch to regular 864 if we file EZ 🙄 

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
34 minutes ago, hannahjsf said:

Has anyone ever said what the NVC's reason was for asking them to replace the EZ with the regular I-864? We're planning on doing the EZ because I won't have a joint sponsor and my husband isn't using any assets. We can always change to I-864, that's not a problem, but I want know why because knowing the NVC they'll tell us to switch to the EZ if we do file the regular 864, and will tell us to switch to regular 864 if we file EZ 🙄 

The 864 instructions don't say it can't be used by those who qualify for the EZ. The EZ is harder to screw up as it requires less details. However, it carries the risk of being rejected if you use it when you are not supposed to. In my opinion, the regular i864 is the safer choice if you're comfortable with filling out a longer form and reading the longer instructions.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.