Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dev1971 said:

Hi

My AOS package delivered on June 20,2020 but I haven’t received any confirmation till today. Anyone has the same situation? Any suggestions? I have already contacted USCIS and they said they will let me know within 30 days. Long time. 

This is the thread for February filers. Try the June thread instead. Sorry it is taking so long..

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

This user from reddit is saying they are getting mailed a card without biometrics. BUUUT note that they are not being processed by NBC. Us NBC people are SOL it seems for getting cards without biometrics. SO why aren't we getting rescheduled. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/hvczsf/we_ordered_new_card_after_we_approved_your_form/fytoeaz/?context=3

Edited by fromsweden

Just an update. I got my EAD/AP card today. 

1/29 - Sent Packet

2/10 - NOA1 

3/5 - Biometrics Taken

3/19 - RFE for Affidavit of Support

4/20 - Ready to be scheduled for Interview 

6/17 - Received updated SSN Card (new last name)

6/29 - New Card Is Being Produced 

6/30 - I-765/I-131 Approved 

7/20 - Card Is Mailed To Me 

7/22 - Received Card

Hoping for the ones that are on limbo with bypassed biometrics but no clear update about your cards being produced will have answer soon. 

Timeline
Just now, Jujusmom said:

Just an update. I got my EAD/AP card today. 

1/29 - Sent Packet

2/10 - NOA1 

3/5 - Biometrics Taken

3/19 - RFE for Affidavit of Support

4/20 - Ready to be scheduled for Interview 

6/17 - Received updated SSN Card (new last name)

6/29 - New Card Is Being Produced 

6/30 - I-765/I-131 Approved 

7/20 - Card Is Mailed To Me 

7/22 - Received Card

Hoping for the ones that are on limbo with bypassed biometrics but no clear update about your cards being produced will have answer soon. 

Thank you my friend and congrats

Just now, fromsweden said:

Thank you my friend and congrats

Thank you. Hang in there. Our visa journeys can be frustrating.

I’ll keep on following for everyones updates. It’s a shame that USCIS loves playing with us with their vague wording. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jujusmom said:

Lolol this is true

@Jujusmom hahahah just trying to bring some humor to this thread. I'm always checking the online USCIS status and mailbox daily. Things are so grim right now and confusing with USCIS. Congrats again on receiving your card! 🤠

@bodgie19 I saw an immigration lawyer on YouTube talking about the accusation that USCIS is lying about their funds. I find it crazy that they would lie and demand a budget like that and think no one will look into it. I also find it suspicious that only TWO US Senators made this claim. I don't know what to believe anymore. They certainly have misrepresented information before and their own agents and staff seem to be confused... especially when ppl are getting GC and then getting GV interviews later and getting EAD approvals with no Biometrics but then no EAD due to lack of biometrics. I trust the truth will come out soon, however I believe whether they tell the truth or lie immigration will continue to be slowed down significantly because of all the politics going on. Even LEGAL Immigration is not particularly favored by the federal government at this time.

@fromsweden @ourwildjourney @JoeIngles Although I already had my Biometrics completed in March, I think your case study is a wonderful idea! We as a collective are not getting a consistent response from USCIS on Biometrics rescheduling or bypassing. I believe seeing how they are handling this within our February cohort will be helpful. 

@ ANYONE: For those of you who have not receieved cards after your approval and you are WAYYYYY outside the normal processing time... would you consider filing a Mandamus? I have thought about it but I'm still within normal processing time waiting for the EAD card to be mailed.

Can someone give me a rundown of what’s going on? Who’s getting approved for EADs and who isn’t? 

Mailed I-485 and EAD form: Feb 22

Received by USCIS (MSC Center): Feb 28

Received RFIE (requesting I-944 and updated I-485 even though we postmarked forms before Feb 24 deadline for implementation of new rule-lol): June 12

Response to RFIE received by USCIS (processing resumed): July 20

18 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@Jujusmom hahahah just trying to bring some humor to this thread. I'm always checking the online USCIS status and mailbox daily. Things are so grim right now and confusing with USCIS. Congrats again on receiving your card! 🤠

It has become my habit to check the USCIS online status in the morning and before I go to bed in the morning (never at night I have a 2 month old baby who likes to party at 3 am so 🤪

Hope you receive your card soon! 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

@ ANYONE: For those of you who have not receieved cards after your approval and you are WAYYYYY outside the normal processing time... would you consider filing a Mandamus? I have thought about it but I'm still within normal processing time waiting for the EAD card to be mailed.

This user on reddit is in that situation. He filed a service request and got a canned response...

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/hvczsf/we_ordered_new_card_after_we_approved_your_form/fyskb15?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Edit to add: what is the "normal processing times" in this case? This site https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ tells us that 765 submitted before Jan 25 are passed, but technically we are approved, so even when my date comes (Feb 18) am I even eligible? Won't they just say you're approved-- what are you complaining about?

Edited by fromsweden

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm really hoping for the best for everyone who may be stuck in limbo right now. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be. Good luck! Remember that an endpoint exists, no matter how far it may seem. 

@Cyndy&Onyi We have really similar timelines, so I wanted to share that my case just got updated showing that my husband's EAD card was mailed today 😄.  We were approved July 7th (but card was being approved July 1st), depending on which date you use, we either got lucky on how quickly it was mailed or are exactly on point with the 3-week wait period after approval. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, fromsweden said:

This user on reddit is in that situation. He filed a service request and got a canned response...

https://www.reddit.com/r/USCIS/comments/hvczsf/we_ordered_new_card_after_we_approved_your_form/fyskb15?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Edit to add: what is the "normal processing times" in this case? This site https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ tells us that 765 submitted before Jan 25 are passed, but technically we are approved, so even when my date comes (Feb 18) am I even eligible? Won't they just say you're approved-- what are you complaining about?

@fromsweden Thanks for the references. My apologies I should've clarified better. What I meant to reference were those who are approved with Biometrics completed. I didn't state that originally. Also, I believe a Mandamus is different than a service request. From what I understand a Mandamus is an external court order that would pressure and force USCIS to print and send the card by law. Whereas it appears a service request is an internal request made through USCIS that is NOT court-ordered. 

https://youtu.be/CvTM1UZMdq0 The  immigration lawyer in this video may explain it better. Feel free to skip to @4:50 for the part specifically about the Mandamus.

@YasminJose Thanks for the updates! Mines was 'Being produced' July 2nd and approved July 7th. Yours is the first July 7th status update I've seen! 🤠Yayyy! Congrats! I hope my husband gets that same luck soon! 🙌🏿

Edited by Cyndy&Onyi

Timeline
2 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Anything new from anyone in terms of getting biometrics? It seems like no movement. The conversation on here has just become speculation. Anyone have something meaty?

I wish I had better news but what we have is

1) folks having case processed by NBC that have not been approved for their 765 and been scheduled for biometrics ( @JoeIngles had it today I think )

2) folks having case processed by NBC that have been approved for 765 and had their biometrics before covid shutdown, and are getting their cards

3) folks having case processed by center other than NBC that have had 765 approved and have not gotten biometrics and are still getting a card shipped to them

But what we do not have is

1) folks having case processed by NBC that have had 765 approved that have either had biometrics rescheduled OR had an EAD card sent

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline
8 hours ago, bodgie19 said:

Anything new from anyone in terms of getting biometrics? It seems like no movement. The conversation on here has just become speculation. Anyone have something meaty?

My case is being processed by MSC.  No word about anything yet.  Claudia's biometrics were scheduled for the day after the offices closed.  No word on the reschedule.

Spoiler

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

POE 8/31/19

MARRIED! (L) 11/1/19

AOS Sent: 2/18/20

AOS Delivered: 2/20/20

Text Notifications of AOS Received: 2/27/20

AOS NOA1 Hardcopies: 3/2/20

Biometrics Notice: 3/5/20

Biometrics Appointment: 3/19/20 (Rescheduled due to Covid-19 to 3/31/20. Rescheduled again for 9/1/20)

EAD Approval 7/27/20

AP Approval 7/27/20

19 hours ago, S_&_M said:

Anyone here that had completed biometrics in March still waiting approval of their EAD

PD: February 19 

Biometrics: March 17

just now i got the New card is being produced for my EAD, advance parole card, so Jul 23 

i know @S_&_M was asking about it and we have the same dates according to the timeline on the profile, so maybe check today. 

Edited by patyandandrew

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.