dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Woolen85 said:

Hi Shanshanjamrock, Thanks for the response! Actually, I have tried calling USCIS several times,  each time I was presented computer generated audio messages. I don't know how to get my call through and talk to a human.

When I call after I select 1 for English then 2 its going to say something about lost or can’t find your case # that way you can get to a live person.

28 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Work/education only.

I feel so dumb, I completely misread that question and listed everywhere I've traveled in the past 5 years. Hopefully, I can explain away in my interview.

13 minutes ago, RPC said:

I feel so dumb, I completely misread that question and listed everywhere I've traveled in the past 5 years. Hopefully, I can explain away in my interview.

Have you traveled to the US in the last 5 years?

Because I'm not sure if you noticed but the US wasn't an option on the dropdown menu. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
47 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Work/education only.

We put yes because we thought it was for visit 😨 he visited the UK like 4 years ago so we put that down. Do you think it will be a problem?

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

17 minutes ago, RPC said:

No, it’s definitely asking for any travel, not just work or education related. “Have you traveled to any countries/regions in the past five years?” Obviously the US is not listed there, because you disclose US travel in the previous section. It’s like any standard background check with the government, they want to know what countries you’ve been in (some being higher risk for negative associations than others).

Happy December everyone!! I pray that I get my interview letter this month it feels so long. 

Also looking forward to see everyone get what they have been waiting for this month. 

22 minutes ago, snowdog said:

No, it’s definitely asking for any travel, not just work or education related. “Have you traveled to any countries/regions in the past five years?” Obviously the US is not listed there, because you disclose US travel in the previous section. It’s like any standard background check with the government, they want to know what countries you’ve been in (some being higher risk for negative associations than others).

It was listed under the "work/education/training" section of the DS-260. I interpreted that as a question related to that topic. I'm not sure it matters either way though - if it needs to be cleared up at the interview stage it will, so I wouldn't fret over it @LilyJ or @RPC

8 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

It was listed under the "work/education/training" section of the DS-260. I interpreted that as a question related to that topic. I'm not sure it matters either way though - if it needs to be cleared up at the interview stage it will, so I wouldn't fret over it @LilyJ or @RPC

It appears to be a recent addition to the DS-260, whereas it has been asked on the DS-160 (for a non-immigrant visa) for longer. Likely, something to do with the Trump administration.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, canadavisa22 said:

Those are exceptions to the rule. You'll drive yourself crazy always trying to be one. 

Not really planning on driving ourselves crazy but in the past not actively waiting caused my wife and I to sit and wait almost 3 months for an approved case to be transferred from USCIS to NVC. So we check daily but we understand that it can be the 4-6 weeks.

6 minutes ago, Bking said:

Not really planning on driving ourselves crazy but in the past not actively waiting caused my wife and I to sit and wait almost 3 months for an approved case to be transferred from USCIS to NVC. So we check daily but we understand that it can be the 4-6 weeks.

Right obviously if you get past the normal amount of time it seems to take for the next step to happen, then by all means follow up. But if you submitted your documents yesterday, there's no point checking it 10 times a day. Also, like I said, email push notifications save you from having to keep checking. When the email comes in, you'll be notified.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Right obviously if you get past the normal amount of time it seems to take for the next step to happen, then by all means follow up. But if you submitted your documents yesterday, there's no point checking it 10 times a day. Also, like I said, email push notifications save you from having to keep checking. When the email comes in, you'll be notified.

Appreciate the reality check lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, snowdog said:

Thanks for replying to both you and canadavisa22! 

I've decided not to include my normal travel based on the fact that it's in the work section and the "NOTE" specifically states to provide the following work, education or training related info. (I did live and work in Japan though so that has to be included).

If this gets flagged at any point though, I will update you guys! 😃

DS-260.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Prisonmate said:

I called this morning. I set my alarm to wake me up 4AM to call them. Hopefully, they will be back to working tomorrow. Otherwise, each day they don't work is another day added to the petition process.  In a few days, it will be 30 days since I got my NOA2. I tried emailing them a week ago but got a standard reply telling me to send email via their website. I have not heard from them.

Why were they close yesterday?

2 hours ago, RPC said:

So did I... but I don’t recall the question being to work / education specific.

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.