Mindo2019

Worried! Bringing my mom here and affraid to get denied

111 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IR5momandme said:

This is something that can happen anytime, anywhere. Regardless of age. When you sick, then you sick. Should not be something that the CO use to determine the approval/denial.

Of course, it should be considered. That is why it is considered for ALL immigrant cases.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Just now, sol_sol said:

ok If you want to add deductible. add 6000 per year. that makes 100000 over 18 years. OP can show this figure to embassy in bank account. 

Sadly...most of them do not look on the supporting file.LOL

Hopefully my tax transcripts good enough to tell them that we can support my mom. I will submit 3 years tax transcripts when I fill in I-864EZ.

4/19/19: Sending Package to USCIS

5/8/19: NOA1 (USCIS received)

10/3/19: NOA2 (USCIS Approved)

10/10/19: Case sent to NVC

10/22/19: NVC received

11/14/19: Received invoice number and case number and pay AOS + IV bill

11/18/19: Completed DS-260

11/19/19: Submit AOS + IV package to NVC for review (hit the 7 months mark!)

11/21/19: All documents are accepted except tax transcripts. Re-upload it and now upload 1 year per document section.

01/22/20: Document Qualified. NVC send it over to embassy for obtaining interview date.

02/12/20: NVC completed the case. Now the status is in transit to US embassy (Jakarta-Indonesia)

03/05/20: Medical Exam

03/26/20: Interview date!💖 (canceled due to Covid-19 until further notice)

02/25/21: Embassy emailed that they resume IR5 visa

03/01/21: Another medical exam since the last one expired in September 2020

03/15/21: Interview date!🤩 Result: 221G because my mom forget the original doc for my dad's death decree + she needs to redone her photo

03/16/21: submit the necessary paperwork + photo

03/17/21: Status change to administrative processing

03/18/21: Status change to issued. Waiting for email from the embassy for pick up

03/20/21: VISA IS READY!

03/25/21: Fly to US

Anyway OP I’m not entirely sure why you came to ask advice when your story keeps changing to fit what you want to believe, so I’m going to bow out rather than go round in circles here. Good luck.

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

Of course, it should be considered. That is why it is considered for ALL immigrant cases.

What I mean is when she is in the US. CO is not future teller to know when someone can get sick and possibly use all of the public assistance she can use. I think when they see the medical check up by embassy and find out that my mom healthy should be enough. No more future references.

11/21/19: All documents are accepted except tax transcripts. Re-upload it and now upload 1 year per document section.

01/22/20: Document Qualified. NVC send it over to embassy for obtaining interview date.

02/12/20: NVC completed the case. Now the status is in transit to US embassy (Jakarta-Indonesia)

03/15/21: Interview date!🤩 Result: 221G because my mom forget the original doc for my dad's death decree + she needs to redone her photo

03/18/21: Status change to issued. Waiting for email from the embassy for pick up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sol_sol said:

To be honest, CO are going to abuse these rules openly. There will be more biased attitude in embassies. I think government should set clear number so that people prepare according to that

Can you provide examples for that opinion, Philosopher?  "Also, for those who advise, they should back up their opinions by giving examples , instead of just telling whats in their mind"

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

Anyway OP I’m not entirely sure why you came to ask advice when your story keeps changing to fit what you want to believe, so I’m going to bow out rather than go round in circles here. Good luck.

what story that I change???

Timeline
10 minutes ago, missileman said:

There are a lot of variables which must be considered.......like debt to income ration........With the Mother, it will be a family of 6 to support.  Hopefully, the OP has considered all those variables......

It still family of 4. 2 in Indonesia does not cost as much in the US. Just for your information, giving $300 a month can be enough for local people considering that my mom has a house and the only thing that we need to worried is food and school. And no. We do not have debt other than student loan and car payment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, IR5momandme said:

It depends where you work I guess. Place where I work let the part-timer to get health insurance through them but the employee has to pay their own premium. 

My two siblings in Indoensia...I agree...I wish there is a way I can show the CO that I also take care of them financially :(

that's a lot of people to support 

especially when IRS doesn't let you claim them

I think you best know if you can afford this and the cost of living in  Lansing 

Looking up online all i see is it would take $7,000 more to live in Detroit over Lansing

for me ,  it is hard to compare and i tried but i know when i moved south i got rid of big winter heating bills 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just another anecdote, my mother was a very healthy woman up to one year ago. She had no chronic medical issues and exercised 1-2 hours daily. One morning, she slipped while exercising and injured her neck. She was admitted to the neuro ICU, ward bed, then rehab. In total, she was institutionalized for 5 months. The cost of her care exceeded $500,000. Fortunately, we live in Canada with a public health care system and it ended up costing only parking passes. However, this forever reminds me how fragile we really are. 

Unfortunately, life can be unpredictable. You can be very healthy today, very sick tomorrow.

Edited by ADW & JOP

1 minute ago, ADW & JOP said:

Just another anecdote, my mother was a very healthy woman up to one year ago. She had no chronic medical issues and exercised every day 1-2 hours. One morning, she slipped while exercising and injured her neck. She was admitted to the neuro ICU, ward bed, then rehabilitation. In total, she was institutionalized for 5 months. The cost of her care exceeded $500,000. Fortunately, we live in Canada with a public health care system and it ended up costing only parking passes. However, this forever reminds me how fragile we really are. 

Unfortunately, life can be unpredictable. You can be very healthy today, very sick tomorrow.

Classic example of unpredectability. A young person of 30 can be injured and be put a' burden on USA tax payers'.............

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, IR5momandme said:

This is a joke...I can guarantee that my mom will be at least taking care of because of million of dollars life insurance that I have.LOL

you didn't tell us about the milliions of dollars of life insurance 

and what i say isn't meant to be a joke

it is a concern we all must face

and thanks for laughing 

really was just trying to help 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sol_sol said:

For example they should announce 'Show this amount and you are in, otherwise you cannot enter'.

I absolutely agree that there is bias area in the embassy. My friend got her tourist visa last year. No job, no saving account, just working husband as a pilot. Get her visa like the same day. My mom, I do not want to bring her here right away before she agrees and to see how US look like so she applied for tourist visa.  Have a house, saving account, children still in Indonesia, apply for her tourist visa and get denied. Twice! in two different years. Maybe because she does not have a job.But again, my friend also do not have a job. So yeah...things are really bias.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sol_sol said:

Classic example of unpredectability. A young person of 30 can be injured and be put a' burden on USA tax payers'.............

Actually, in this case, she is over 60. And partly the reason for the severity of her injury was because of previously undetected arthritis in her neck as a result of aging and overuse.

Edited by ADW & JOP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.