dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

What day did they receive your petition? They said that they got mine on 10/17/19. 

October 3rd

13 minutes ago, AP-1 said:

It usually takes 30 days after they receive it. 
They got mine on 26 aug and generated my case number on 26 September 

Oh ok good to know. Well next month then🙏🏽

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jaret&Rachael said:

Very happy to announce that I FINALLY   received my DQ email today.

Original submission: Aug 4, 2019

RFE: Sept 10th, 2019 one document rejected due to it being multi-file. (Joint sponsor attached W-2 to 2018 tax transcript- woops!)

Re-submitted: September 10th, 2019

DQ: October 24th, 2019.

Thank you all for your help. Best of luck.

nice one, the wait is almost over....onto the next one

Someone had mentioned that only one of their family members got the IL and they had to contact NVC to have them interview together... how long did that take? Did you just email nvcexpedite and wait?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Syed_Asghar_Raza said:

I might not be able to answer your question but can I ask; when did you submit the documents and what is the int date?

Last document was uploaded on September 3rd and interview is on 22 November. 

AOS

3/22/2014: AOS (I-485/I-765/I-131)

6/30/2014: Received interview waiver letter

02/27/2015: Green Card received

I-751

12/14/2016: Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail)

12/16/2016: Petition delivered to VSC.

12/21/2016: ACH hold for Payment of $590

12/23/2016: Received NOA1 dated 12/19/2016

01/07/2017: Received Biometric dated 12/31/2016

01/18/2017: Biometrics Appointment  

11/25/2017: Received Approval letter dated 11/18/2107

11/28/2017: Status changed to "new Card is being produced" 

11/30/2017: Status changed to "Card was mailed to me" 

12/04/2017: Received my Green Card. 

N-400

11/30/2017: Applied Online 

12/01/2017: NOA uploaded to my account. 

12/02/2017:  Status changed Biometrics appointment was schedule (Waiting for letter upload to my account )

12/04/2017: NOA received in the mail

12/04/2017: Biometrics appointment letter uploaded online schedule for 12/21/2017

12/05/2017: Early walk-in Biometrics 

06/12/2018: Interview scheduled 

07/17/2018: Interview (Approved)

07/20/2018: Oath ceremony scheduled (for 08/11/2018)

08/11/2018: US Citizen

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all. Can someone please explain to me what to do. 
So last Friday (Oct. 18). I have paid both AOS and IV fee. On Monday (Oct. 21). The our AOS section showed paid and I was able to access it. So yesterday, Oct. 24. I uploaded the financial documents but haven’t submitted it. Today IV still shows in processing and wasn’t able to access it. My question is, Do I have to wait and submit both financial and civil documents at the same time? Or do I have to submit AOS/financial documents first so that the IV section to be unlocked? 

I appreciate your help and Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jegg said:

Hello to all. Can someone please explain to me what to do. 
So last Friday (Oct. 18). I have paid both AOS and IV fee. On Monday (Oct. 21). The our AOS section showed paid and I was able to access it. So yesterday, Oct. 24. I uploaded the financial documents but haven’t submitted it. Today IV still shows in processing and wasn’t able to access it. My question is, Do I have to wait and submit both financial and civil documents at the same time? Or do I have to submit AOS/financial documents first so that the IV section to be unlocked? 

I appreciate your help and Thank you

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Nebraska Service Center

Consulate: Rio de Janeiro

Marriage: 2014/10/11

I-130 sent: 2019/06/26

I-130 NOA1: 2019/07/12

I-129F sent: 2019/08/28

I-129F NOA: 2019/08/30

I-130 Approval: 2019/09/27

I-129F Denial: 2019/09/27

Case sent to NVC: 2019/10/09

Case recive NVC: 2019/10/18

Case Number recive NVC: 2019/11/11

Payment of AOS and IV fees: 2019/11/11

DS 260, AOS and Civil Documents Sub: 2019/11/18

FE Review Note: 2020/01/16

Second Sub: 2020/01/20

DQ: 2020/03/18

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, LOUHAMILTON said:

Thank you for sharing this link, this is very helpful, however this doesn't answer my questions though, but still thank you for the link. From the link that you provided it says that the Civil documents should be uploaded first before AOS and financial documents. Now it got me confused.  I paid both AOS and IV fee at the same time but until now the IV section still says in-process and the start button is still grayed-out. I already uploaded all financial documents on CEAC but have not clicked the submit button because I was wondering if I have to submit both AOS and IV documents all at the same time OR I can go ahead and submit AOS and financial documents now and just wait for the IV section to be accessible. Thank you

Well, woke up to a couple document rejections this morning. One is understandable, and they wrote comments so what is needed is very clear (a court document from when the applicant was a 14-year old juvenile delinquent, haha). However, they also rejected my divorce decree from my previous marriage. There is no note or message about the rejection, I just happened to notice it when I went in to look at the other. Anyone else know what might be going on? It wasn't a required document on the original list, but I uploaded it since I knew that it would be. I want to fix it... but how to know what to fix?! Arghhhh, NVC...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Finally I received the DQ email this afternoon.😊

First and Only Submission: September 13

DQ Email: October 25

Thank you all and wish everyone gets the same soon.

Is it a bad thing if you have submitted too many documents via CEAC?

We were asked for 2018 tax returns despite submitting proof of extension. We complained and made an appeal of sorts....So they accepted the extension letter and said they wanted to to see proof of employment for my sponsors and petitioner (they really know how to torture people).

So we submitted full 2018 tax returns and transcripts for sponsors + signed letters from employers verifying their employment.  And Submitted a copy of my petitioners tax return + a scanned copy of the the US Mail return receipt (because it was paper filed)  

Is this too much? I know this sounds silly, but we have been submitting docs since May...so I am little on edge.

I guess my question is...if there is anything that is unnecessary, but they have everything they need will we not get DQ? 

As always, we are grateful for your thoughts/experience

Edited by AndyRoo6

On 10/24/2019 at 6:21 PM, Jaret&Rachael said:

Very happy to announce that I FINALLY   received my DQ email today.

Original submission: Aug 4, 2019

RFE: Sept 10th, 2019 one document rejected due to it being multi-file. (Joint sponsor attached W-2 to 2018 tax transcript- woops!)

Re-submitted: September 10th, 2019

DQ: October 24th, 2019.

Thank you all for your help. Best of luck.

What does the screen look like when you resubmit? Is it just the same as normal but your new documents say "submitted"?

I'm paranoid thinking that I somehow messed up submitting the docs and I'm not even in line to be reviewed

11 minutes ago, Raypenbar said:

What does the screen look like when you resubmit? Is it just the same as normal but your new documents say "submitted"?

I'm paranoid thinking that I somehow messed up submitting the docs and I'm not even in line to be reviewed

That is correct. Nothing is different, it just says 'submitted' next to each document.

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask few questions about the civil documents. So we're married in different country but filed a report of marriage to serve as our official marriage certificate in my home country. Question is, which marriage certificate should I submit? Also, we have a child which is staying with me currently but holding a US passport already. Do I need to submit her civil documents too? She's traveling with me once everything is complete. 

Thank you in advance. 

Timeline

Hi Snowdog. Could it be the name/title on the rejected document is different than mentioned in the country document list on the travel.gov website? 

We had 2 civil document rejected yesterday. One is my (applicant beneficiary) birthcertificate and although it is the correct doc, it says birthcertificate in english but in my country it would be called "extract from population system". The only comment from NVC was to provide the correct document from relevant authority. I thought a corresponding title to the requirement would help them understand and approve :(

I am disappointed and frustrated with the delay but at least other important AOS and civil document were accepted. I wonder how long it takes to review again...

On 10/24/2019 at 9:36 AM, FloraTen said:

Not sure if this had been asked before but does the nvc email your case number automatically given the information from your I-130 or do you have to call and update that information so that when they generate your case number you can be emailed instead of waiting on regular post?

My NOA2 was approved on the 22 of August and sent out to NVC on the 28th, I called four weeks later and was told that they received the case on the 17th of September, but  have not processed it yet into the system and to just wait. On the 9th of October I called to check and was told to wait, but on the next day I have received and email with my case number (It was probably a coincidence, but still, sounds like anyway it is close to two months these days after the NOA 2 approval). I never received anything in the mail. But as far as email, both me and my husband have received it on the email addresses that we indicated in the I-130 paperwork. Good luck!!!

On 10/24/2019 at 1:09 PM, Andy & Val said:

I have a major update!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the Interview Letter today October 24th.

The Embassy needs me November 20th.

Case Complete October 9th.

Never thought this day will come so soon.

But we're all thankful and looking forward to get this whole process over with once and for all.

To the rest of the family, don't lose the energy! YOUR case will be sorted out soon.

Congratulations!!!!! that is exciting to hear. Sounds like NVC are being active and this is a really cool date on the interview 😀

Hey dear NVC buddies, has anyone here encountered an "application error" when trying to open application? NVC asked me to resubmit the document, but when I try to even open application for Affidavit of Support, it keeps telling me "application error". I have tried all other possible browsers, cleared cache, submitted inquiry on the state.gov site, but nothing and everyday it is the same for four days. When I called NVC they basically said that they don't know and tough luck that it happened to my case, didn't seem like anyone is going to do anything about it, as it is just my application. Has anyone here had that happen and what did you do that helped?  I would so appreciate any help, as it has been 14 months since my NOA1 and I would hate getting stuck at this stage for no good reason. Thank you!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.