dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

about income, the NVC said we might need a joint sponsor but the consular will decide.

my husband (the petitioner) 2019 income Jan-Jun alreary passed the FPG we needed (worked in Jakarta).

then August-Des 2019 is about 16k (working in States)

do we really need a joint sponsor? can the cashable assets helps?

thanks

Edited by pura_vida

2 minutes ago, pura_vida said:

about income, the NVC said we might need a joint sponsor but the consular will decide.

my husband (the petitioner) 2019 income Jan-Jun alreary passed the FPG we needed.

then August-Des 2019 is about 16k

thanks

If NVC is saying, please do add the joint sponsor. His income may be lower in 2018 tax returns. It is always good to be cautious rather then getting a 221g and delaying the process after such a long wait.

32 minutes ago, pura_vida said:

my husband (the petitioner) 2019 income Jan-Jun alreary passed the FPG we needed (worked in Jakarta).

thanks

Im in the same boat. Apparently foreign income doesn't count for NVC... 

30 minutes ago, Gabrobill said:

Im in the same boat. Apparently foreign income doesn't count for NVC... 

i dont understand why, its the same year, it'll be in the next 1040, and always pay tax even when he is abroad ( i assume the you are too).

we dont  have any family to ask, and dont think its good to ask for his friend to support me (even just on the paper) for a long year

1 hour ago, pura_vida said:

i dont understand why, its the same year, it'll be in the next 1040, and always pay tax even when he is abroad ( i assume the you are too).

we dont  have any family to ask, and dont think its good to ask for his friend to support me (even just on the paper) for a long year

Did you guys upload a letter from the current employer and most recent paystubs?

52 minutes ago, Gabrobill said:

Did you guys upload a letter from the current employer and most recent paystubs?

yup, and the letter from his office that stated i have the complete health insurance.

it was our mistake that we didnt upload the funds at first, now we are waiting and hope for the best.

how about you guys? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, pura_vida said:

thanks

If his current income is too low then yes you guys will need a joint sponsor. His current income (16k you said) is lower than the ~$21k minimum that is required for a household of two so a joint sponsor is really recommended. Current income is the key

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
20 hours ago, Sarah18 said:

Congratulations. I am proud of you. I am a green card holder and my case has been Documentarily Qualify since June 26, 3019 it is 126 days . I am still waiting for il I am from Cameroon also. Please do you know the length of time for me?

There was someone who had to wait 8 long months before getting an IL for your category.

Seems the wait for GC holders is longer as I've noticed.

Yours will eventually come. If you've already made it this far, then you can make it all the way.

Let's hope it doesn't take too long.

Thanks for the well wishes.

18 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

If his current income is too low then yes you guys will need a joint sponsor. His current income (16k you said) is lower than the ~$21k minimum that is required for a household of two so a joint sponsor is really recommended. Current income is the key

got it, thanks.

just got off the phone with husband, and he'll find a friend for a joint sponsor.

let say worse its a pending we cant get a joint sponsor, per Jan 2020 current income (still working at the same office) the income will be enough? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our first and only submission was on September 14th - we got an update yesterday that Joint Sponsor and Household Member AOS forms were still editable (my fault). But they also rejected their 2018 tax transcript, which was obtained online, i.e., no scanning problems or anything.

I called NVC last night, and the rep said he couldn't understand why it was rejected either. He set it up for supervisor review. Big downside is now we can't submit the correct forms while that is pending. Argh!

1 hour ago, pura_vida said:

yup, and the letter from his office that stated i have the complete health insurance.

it was our mistake that we didnt upload the funds at first, now we are waiting and hope for the best.

how about you guys? 

We uploaded pretty much everything you did, except for the health insurance information. Just like you, I’m not sure if we should wait to see what the officer says or try to find a sponsor ASAP. 

I have another question: after you get cc, can you still upload files at ceac? I mean, do you know how we are supposed to send an eventual joint sponsors’s form and documents to the consulate? Thank you a lot in advance. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, jane&niko said:

How long does it take nvc to receive case after been sent to department of state. I have tried all means to call yet it never rings 

It took about a week for our case to reach the NVC.

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

On 10/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, Trena181 said:

Another tip, I noticed when you call them they move on ur case.. best time to call is 7:00amtheir  time on the dot. Which is 6am my time. I sent my documents to nvc on a monday.. called them that same week  on Wednesday they sent me a notification to resend a document. But the website was down for a week so soon as the site was up I sent it called the next day two days later my documents were approved.. calling them makes them move... best of luck to u all. Now I'm waiting for interview date..

What did you asked them on call to NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/26/2019 at 12:09 PM, Andy & Val said:

From every indication NVC have stepped up their game judging by the number of DQs.

Let them keep the flame burning.

Congratulations!

Pardon me, but what is a DQ?

I was asked to resubmit the police certificate which I did, do you know how long before they review it? Asking because I remember you had to submit some document NVC asked for.

Is there anything else to do after resubmitting (like letting them know)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.