dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2019

1,045 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We got our case number today, the issue now is we were only able to pay the visa fees but nowhere to click to pay AOS fees. Please has anyone experienced this? Or are we suppose to pay that later?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, pura_vida said:

got it, thanks.

just got off the phone with husband, and he'll find a friend for a joint sponsor.

let say worse its a pending we cant get a joint sponsor, per Jan 2020 current income (still working at the same office) the income will be enough? 

If he’s still making ~$16k a year then a joint sponsor will still most likely be required, assuming its just you two he must meet ~$21k+ a year of current income regardless what time of year it is

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Aiydee said:

Pardon me, but what is a DQ?

I was asked to resubmit the police certificate which I did, do you know how long before they review it? Asking because I remember you had to submit some document NVC asked for.

Is there anything else to do after resubmitting (like letting them know)?

DQ = documentarily qualified

Documentarily qualified refers to the description of an alien who has provided all documents and is deemed sufficient to meet the requirements

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sea Leslie said:

DQ = documentarily qualified

Documentarily qualified refers to the description of an alien who has provided all documents and is deemed sufficient to meet the requirements

Thank you! 😀

Timeline

I uploaded docs to ceac today and it is writing incomplete even after cross checking to see if everything is okay , is it normal ? I reviewed everything and we are not missing anything 

Timeline

We got our case number today, the issue now is we were only able to pay the visa fees but nowhere to click to pay AOS fees. Please has anyone experienced this? Or are we suppose to pay that later? Worried!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ritaogh said:

We got our case number today, the issue now is we were only able to pay the visa fees but nowhere to click to pay AOS fees. Please has anyone experienced this? Or are we suppose to pay that later? Worried!

Congrats on getting a case number.

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Timeline

Soon as I resubmitted documents I called them that same day or next day to confirm that they received it... then two days later approved 

Edited by Trena181
Typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aiydee said:

Pardon me, but what is a DQ?

I was asked to resubmit the police certificate which I did, do you know how long before they review it? Asking because I remember you had to submit some document NVC asked for.

Is there anything else to do after resubmitting (like letting them know)?

DQ simply means being Documentarily Qualified.

That is when NVC has received, reviewed, accepted and approved ALL the documents you sent them.

When that happens, they will send you an email with that subject matter and you will also see it in your CEAC portal.

You'll get there, no worries.

In my case, the first and second submissions were reviewed after two weeks each.

In other words, my first submission to being DQ took a month.

Once you submit, all you have to do is wait for them to review and get back to you.

Hope you did exactly what you were told for the re-submission.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Aiydee said:

I

1 hour ago, Cst said:

What did you asked them on call to NVC?

I basically asked them a question I already knew..first time I called was when I sent the documents .I said, I  uploaded my documents and  I was wondering if you received them. and  the secound time I called  I asked how long do it take to process my documents then two days later I was approved 

Edited by Trena181

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cst said:

Thanks a lot I will definitely  call them on both scenarios 😊😊and I wish luck strikes for me too

Me too, definitely calling them tomorrow!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm still waiting for my welcome letter and to be assigned a Case Number, but trying to get the rest of the documents ready for submission. 

Regarding police clearance certificate, my state is kinda picky about this document and it will only be issued if I provide a document requesting it. 

My question is if the NVC welcome letter lists the police clearance letter as requirement? Does it list any documents at all? 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.