Lovemyman

How many of us used a lawyer to file for K1?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lovemyman said:

Just wondering how you know what some embassies think or assume? Please give us all your inside information. 

We got a lawyer because we could afford to do so & that was the only reason. 

seen a few posts on here/  one posted yesterday about the lawyer at the interiew

and i follow 3 facebook pages for americans married to foreigners 

reading every day and taking it all in

but go ahead and hire a lawyer 

your choice

BTW on 90 day fiancee a woman lawyer told the Florida woman she could appeal a denial for a K1 and you can't / so, like others said "unless you get one who keeps up with all the immigration laws and rules and changes,   you are wasting thousands of dollars

sorry as this is only my opinion 

but for my 1st CR1 i had a lawyer

denied and i had to do my own appeal as he said "he was only hired to file (mail in ) the application

i won my appeal and visa without him

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I'd like to see this information as well 

read the posts from yesterday about the lawyer at interview who bought the wrong documents

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

read the posts from yesterday about the lawyer at interview who bought the wrong documents

Does nothing to support your conclusion that a lawyer brings a different level of scrutiny at the interview. 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tanish said:

Speeding ticket is not a crime, unless you hit & run or you hit someone. IN all other cases speeding ticket is just a moving violation.

Not exactly true. It is kinda state specific, but in most States 20 mph over the posted limit can be written as wreckless operation. I think I have only done it once or twice, but they were doing like 60-65 in a damn school zone posted at 20 mph. With lights flashing on the school zone sign and kids around. I was on my way home, and that just rubbed me the wrong way, I'm really tolerant and hate paperwork. Love 🍩, hate paperwork.Then they want to argue with me that your state patrol, you don't have jurisdiction in the city. Wrong again, I technically have jusristiction state wide, but usually we stick to 100 yards of the freeway unless there is a request or need.  I see more than 20 over all the time, but never write it usually, I round down. Attitude will go a long way with me, I know most people can't afford a few hundred dollars out of the blue. Now your hauling in your 750 Lamborghini, you can afford the ticket. LOL

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We didn't use a lawyer because we had no red flags and Australia is not a high fraud country. Also I preferred being "hands on" for something so personal and important, rather than trusting a stranger to put as much care and attention to detail into the process as I did. 

Edited by beloved_dingo

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I see that maybe the harshness of this visa process has hardened some of us. Let’s all remember that we’re in the same boat, all coming here for insight, help and hope. 

& remember to have compassion and empathy for others, we all need it. 

GROUP HUG🤗

Thank you all for your comments🙏🏽

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, payxibka said:

Speeding is criminal?  

It is in Virginia:

https://jalopnik.com/what-every-driver-should-know-about-speeding-in-virgini-1669902845

Edited to add this related story (3 days in a VA jail due to speeding):

https://jalopnik.com/never-speed-in-virginia-lessons-from-my-three-days-in-1613604053/all

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
25 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

Only because it is paired with carelessness or negligence which results in a charge of reckless driving not speeding 

YMMV

34 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

I live in Virginia. Speeding is not always a crime but yes in cases where it is considered reckless driving it is a crime.  

Timeline

@Lovemyman I don't know personally if using a lawyer  will play a role or not but from what I have read on here from people who chose an attorney, they seem to be having issues vs people who did it themselves. I believe having someone to double check your documents for errors is a plus and there is a security in having a professional. 

My advice would be that you have complied to request and now you just send positive thoughts out (if you are a believer in God, then you pray) and expect something great to happen for you.  On the positive side it has only been a week and i'm sure it takes time to enter the information into the system , also it's seems from what I have been reading Nigeria is a very busy embassy. Give it a little more time, I'm sure it will be coming soon. In the mean time you are just one step away from being with the person you love and that is something awesome to look forward too. Good luck and positive vibes only. 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, vistawateraz said:

We didn't use a lawyer, but we did use a visa service (Rapid Visa). 

Were you lucky?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
37 minutes ago, TennilleO said:

@Lovemyman I don't know personally if using a lawyer  will play a role or not but from what I have read on here from people who chose an attorney, they seem to be having issues vs people who did it themselves. I believe having someone to double check your documents for errors is a plus and there is a security in having a professional. 

My advice would be that you have complied to request and now you just send positive thoughts out (if you are a believer in God, then you pray) and expect something great to happen for you.  On the positive side it has only been a week and i'm sure it takes time to enter the information into the system , also it's seems from what I have been reading Nigeria is a very busy embassy. Give it a little more time, I'm sure it will be coming soon. In the mean time you are just one step away from being with the person you love and that is something awesome to look forward too. Good luck and positive vibes only. 😊 

Thank you. We are remaining positive, optimistic and praying.  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Using a lawyer is a personal choice.  I inquired with a few lawyers before starting the K-1 process and they all wanted about $4000, although some online non-local lawyers wanted less, and I would still have had to do most of the work.  Since my petition was fairly simple and straightforward I chose to do it without an attorney but I can see where an attorney could be helpful in cases that may be complex.  I also found that many immigration attorneys very rarely deal with K-1 visas and are usually involved and more familiar with other immigration issues.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.