Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, AOS filer said:

Does the field office make difference in processing time?? Anyone from any Pennsylvania field office here?

My wife has a few friends in the Pennsylvania area and they are seeing their AOS, GCs in 4 to 6 months  complete. 2019 has been a banner year for K1s and it seems AOSs too insofar as speed of processing. Let's all hope we can share some of that!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

My wife has a few friends in the Pennsylvania area and they are seeing their AOS, GCs in 4 to 6 months  complete. 2019 has been a banner year for K1s and it seems AOSs too insofar as speed of processing. Let's all hope we can share some of that!

Wow. That is pretty quick. My service center is actually in Fort Myers, FL and according to the processing times for there, it is 11.5-25 months for AOS.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

How that’s really quick. I actually heard that Philadelphia field office is known for notorious behavior of giving second interview to almost 50 percent of the People regardless of the type of application. They just find reason like parking ticket.. find reason delaying process. I heard their processing time was 12 to 24 months. I am not sure if that change within past couple month. Pittsburgh office is good probably people you know are from that office. Or may be its same everywhere except some rare  places.

29 minutes ago, AOS filer said:

How that’s really quick. I actually heard that Philadelphia field office is known for notorious behavior of giving second interview to almost 50 percent of the People regardless of the type of application. They just find reason like parking ticket.. find reason delaying process. I heard their processing time was 12 to 24 months. I am not sure if that change within past couple month. Pittsburgh office is good probably people you know are from that office. Or may be its same everywhere except some rare  places.

I'm not sure my field office is Dallas and I'm  sure there are lots of others there so I expect a longer wait than 4 to 6 months. Actually I'm expecting at least 12 months, my luck has ran that way the whole   K1 process. But at least we are together with our loved ones so the wait is bearable IMO.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

I got so lucky, I thought I was gonna get Houston but luckily my post code belongs to San Antonio which has better waiting period.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i just checked it again and i didnt even see it. i am not sure it really matters tbh as long as the form is correct. they accepted it just fine and we already have the NOAs for all 3 forms arrived in the mail today

Thank you a lot!!

4 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I'm not sure my field office is Dallas and I'm  sure there are lots of others there so I expect a longer wait than 4 to 6 months. Actually I'm expecting at least 12 months, my luck has ran that way the whole   K1 process. But at least we are together with our loved ones so the wait is bearable IMO.

Hope yours go quickly, Sarge. You’ve waited long enough.

53 minutes ago, Hphelp said:

Has anyone heard anything about field office probably in santa ana? How are the times? 

Joining the September filings. We sent ours out on Friday and it arrived Monday according to USPS. We are in a hurry to get the travel permit to go to a wedding overseas in next May, so we hope the process goes quickly. I think our office is in Santa Ana also, so I hope to hear any info about it too.

18 minutes ago, Mimiso said:

Hope yours go quickly, Sarge. You’ve waited long enough.

Ahhh hello I'm right behind you. Yeah waited a long time.

Citizenship Complete!

Our field office is San Francisco and I've heard that they're one of the slower ones 🙁 Their processing times are between 17 to 22 months. Before we were living in Sacramento and their processing times are from 9 to 17 months. 

ROC timeline

Delivered: 3/1/22

Text with receipt number: 3/3/22

Biometrics Reuse notice: 07/14/2022

N400

Filed online 01/14/2023

Biometrics Reuse notice: 01/14/2023

14 minutes ago, ale07 said:

Our field office is San Francisco and I've heard that they're one of the slower ones 🙁 Their processing times are between 17 to 22 months. Before we were living in Sacramento and their processing times are from 9 to 17 months. 

Well let's hope that's not the case with your field office.

Citizenship Complete!

Hi. I have a question regarding AOS filing specifically the affidavit of Support. 

My husband’s 2018 tax return didn’t meet the Poverty income because he just started working around Oct 2018 but will surely reach above poverty line this year, do we still need a co sponsor? If yes, what form should we use for the co sponsor? Is it the i-864 or i-864a? Btw it’s his mom and we’re living in the same house.. 

20 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

Hi. I have a question regarding AOS filing specifically the affidavit of Support. 

My husband’s 2018 tax return didn’t meet the Poverty income because he just started working around Oct 2018 but will surely reach above poverty line this year, do we still need a co sponsor? If yes, what form should we use for the co sponsor? Is it the i-864 or i-864a? Btw it’s his mom and we’re living in the same house.. 

If I'm not mistaken it is only optional to send in three years of tax records, but it is required to send in one year the most current year. So depending on when you file you may only need 2019 tax records. Of course three years worth gives them a better picture to I'll admit to help you or hurt you!

Citizenship Complete!

35 minutes ago, CLUAE said:

you can also send proof of current income, pay stubs etc

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.