Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

ours doesnt have any barcodes either. I saved it as a pdf before printing it.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hi there,

I am sorry if my question may sound stupid, but my fiance just arrived to USA by k1 visa and we want to get ready for AOS part. We are getting married pretty soon and will have marriage certificate in hand. I know getting ready all the papers is time consuming, this is why we want to start doing some research prior to it. My biggest dilemma at the moment is medical exam. How we prove he had medical exam in his country prior to arrive to USA, if USCIS officer took his envelope at his POE ? I know for K1 is a bit different than in other cases. Can someone please help me with this problem? I would highly appreciate any help or advice. 

Thank You 

if the medical exam was done, that was already given like you said at the PoE, it is valid for 1 year. he should have his vaccination records with him though and a copy of that would be sent with the application

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

1 hour ago, Victoria85 said:

Hi there,

I am sorry if my question may sound stupid, but my fiance just arrived to USA by k1 visa and we want to get ready for AOS part. We are getting married pretty soon and will have marriage certificate in hand. I know getting ready all the papers is time consuming, this is why we want to start doing some research prior to it. My biggest dilemma at the moment is medical exam. How we prove he had medical exam in his country prior to arrive to USA, if USCIS officer took his envelope at his POE ? I know for K1 is a bit different than in other cases. Can someone please help me with this problem? I would highly appreciate any help or advice. 

Thank You 

Also the records that the CBP officer took they do eventually get incorporated with the records from the K1. USCIS knows if he did or did not take a medical.  Sometimes USCIS does lose those records, but hopefully not in our cases.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Prizm123 said:

ours doesnt have any barcodes either. I saved it as a pdf before printing it.

My form had the bar code. I got the form straight from USCIS website.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Officially mailed 09/16/2019 by RV to USCIS.  Now, the actual wait begins. :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

My form had the bar code. I got the form straight from USCIS website.

oh I also got it from the web site, and it even has the space for barcode. But somehow it doesn't show it

12 minutes ago, Nafisa Zaripova said:

oh I also got it from the web site, and it even has the space for barcode. But somehow it doesn't show it

i just checked it again and i didnt even see it. i am not sure it really matters tbh as long as the form is correct. they accepted it just fine and we already have the NOAs for all 3 forms arrived in the mail today

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

11 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

i just checked it again and i didnt even see it. i am not sure it really matters tbh as long as the form is correct. they accepted it just fine and we already have the NOAs for all 3 forms arrived in the mail today

Yeah I think the bar code is just a internal thing to USCIS if your form has it cool if not no big deal. I don't think they give RFEs for not having the bar code.

Citizenship Complete!

12 hours ago, Fe.Ta said:

Officially mailed 09/16/2019 by RV to USCIS.  Now, the actual wait begins. :) 

I mailed mine the 14th so we are close and on the ball....congrats!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

I mailed mine the 14th so we are close and on the ball....congrats!!!!

Thank you!  Likewise!  Timeline buddies!  Cheers to get it sooner rather than later without RFEs. :) 

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Good thing we all made the October 14th post mark deadline before the expanded changes to the public  charge rule is effective. I glanced at the new I-864 and it's way more intrusive, it even asks for your credit card debt and credit score. All designed for MORE red tape!!!!

Citizenship Complete!

19 minutes ago, AOS filer said:

Does the field office make difference in processing time?? Anyone from any Pennsylvania field office here?

I think it does for the AOS application, but not for the Employment or Travel applications.

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

Good thing we all made the October 14th post mark deadline before the expanded changes to the public  charge rule is effective. I glanced at the new I-864 and it's way more intrusive, it even asks for your credit card debt and credit score. All designed for MORE red tape!!!!

I think that is why all the filings. Everyone trying to get in before the deadlines. Not knowing what the effects will be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.