Prizm123

September 2019 AOS Filers

2,106 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Prizm123 said:

wow, that sucks

I hope the people here are better educated as well lol

Lol I hope so! 😁 I've just went through 2 months nightmare with my SSN so this one was another great experience with incompetent officers lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Chicamungo said:

And I actually got a text on the K-1 application, so I know it does work!

Liar.  😉 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Chicamungo said:

Alright, so I'm part of this group now. Sent out all of our forms Sept 24th, confirmed it was received by USPS on Sept. 26th. No text, credit card charge, or anything yet. Realllllly hoping it didn't get lost at the offices, I just want to get in to the queue already!

I am in the same boat! Mailed our on the 25th and they received it on Friday the 27th. Still patiently waiting for a text, email or letter in the mail. LOL, trying to be patient. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We mailed just 2 weeks ago and still not had any notification (we did put the form in there requesting for notifications) 

I know I heard October is very busy for USCIS but is there anything we can do to check or just play waiting game? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, ChibiBeckyG said:

We mailed just 2 weeks ago and still not had any notification (we did put the form in there requesting for notifications) 

I know I heard October is very busy for USCIS but is there anything we can do to check or just play waiting game? 

Don't worry yet! It took exactly 3 weeks for us to get our notifications, I'd give it another week! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just received my biometrics appointment at October 16, 8:00 AM 🙂 mailed my application last September 11

1 hour ago, Selina A said:

biometrics appointment scheduled for the 10/16 at 9am. Just received the appointment letter today 10/04

Very good let's rock!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

9 hours ago, Eva_AJ said:

I have it that's one of the requirements but they didnt wanna do it without GC or EAD (or as the ladies mentioned , in different DMVs, something with experation date)

well, update, after talking to 2 different people and showing them the page on the DPS website, they still refused to issue it, although they did agree that it was misleading and they couldnt understand why i was given this information on the website. the second lady actually had to call a supervisor to clarify it, so it wasnt from a lack or desire on their part to issue it, but some arcane legal wording that they simply could not work around.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Received Bio metrics appointment notice today 10/4, appointment on 10/16 at 0800 hrs!

When did you mail out your package and when did you get your first NOA

10/02/19 AOS Package received.
10/15/19 Hard copy NOA received with a notice.
10/19/19 Received I-797C biometric appointment.
11/01/19 Biometrics completed.
11/08/19 Case was updated to Fingerprints were taken and in Process.
11/26/19 Form I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview".
01/21/20 I-765 "New card is being produced".
01/22/20 I-765 "Case was approved".
01/23/20 Form I-485 "Interview was scheduled".
01/24/20 I-765 "Card Was Mailed to me".
01/27/20 I-765 "Card was picked up by USPS" expected delivery by 01/29/20.
01/27/20 I-765 "Approval notice letter".
01/27/20 Form I-485 Interview Letter received. Interview Date 03/04/2020.

01/29/20 EAD Card in hand.

03/04/20 Interview was complete but my case must be reviewed.

03/05/20 New Card is being Produced.

03/06/20 I-130 and I-485 "Case was approved"

03/10/20 10 years Green card in hand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, Prizm123 said:

AOS Checklist

• Cover Letter listing Table of Contents
  • (Check Payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security - $1,225.00)

Form I-485 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Form G-1145 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • Copy of NOA2 Approval letter (from K1 process) 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of beneficiary's Birth Certificate 
  • translation of birth certificate
  • Certified copy of Marriage License 
  • Passport Photos (2) name written on the back 
  • Copy of DS-3025 

Form I-864 (completed and signed by USC) (goes with form I-485)

• Proof of USC's citizenship (copy of birth certificate, copy of passport bio page, or other)
  • 2018, 2017 (optional), and 2016 (optional) Tax Return (with W-2) or Transcripts
  • Employment Verification letter (updated one - not the one used during K1 process) 
  • Paystubs (last 3 months) 

Form I-765 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process) 

Form I-131 (completed and signed by non-US Citizen/beneficiary)

• Copy of beneficiary's Passport with biographical page 
  • Copy of beneficiary's K1 Visa from Passport and entry stamp 
  • I-94 
  • Copy of NOA2 (from K1 process

New month, new round of fun. sent today. so here we go

I got 2 letters today (I-485 and I-765).. please, did anyone experience the same thing with me?  Still waiting for i-131.

Hi, this might not be your case but I thought I would share my experience.

I got 2 NOAs (text msg) for I-485 and I-765 the other day, and got REJECTION LETTER for I-131. What they said on the letter was "the fee was incorrect", although it is FREE when you file them all together as a lot of people here know. (Of course I sent a check for I-485 with them)

I called USCIS and they admitted that they made a mistake. I don't know how they could possibly make a mistake like this... so now I have to wait for the NOA letters for I-485 and I-765, and then resubmit I-131 application which they sent me back with the NOA letter. This is just ridiculous.

I hope you are hearing something soon, I know how frustrating it is just hang in there you are not the only one.

1 hour ago, Robify said:

I got 2 letters today (I-485 and I-765).. please, did anyone experience the same thing with me?  Still waiting for i-131.

@Sarge2155 @Greenbaum

for the total income tax question in affidavit pf support, which amount exactly is needed? the one in the transcript? 

6 minutes ago, pasadenagirl said:

@Sarge2155 @Greenbaum

for the total income tax question in affidavit pf support, which amount exactly is needed? the one in the transcript? 

Yes that one if you include transcripts or the one on the 1040 form or W2s.  It's  the annual total from your job or jobs added together. Are you getting ready to file ur AOS? Your time line seems to need updated bigtime if that's the case.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.