dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
2 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

I filled my ds260

But uploading docs.. I don't know how to reduce the size?  My jpg is 7mb.  Won't upload

Any ideas?

My lawyer isn't helpful and not even uploading our financial stuff

Check this comment by Jaret&Rachael, they explain well what to do!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

I filled my ds260

But uploading docs.. I don't know how to reduce the size?  My jpg is 7mb.  Won't upload

Any ideas?

compress it online size will reduce to 90%

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My wife and I have a few questions about the Affidavit of support forms and what requirements apply to us.

My wife has recently got a new full time job, but she is officially classified as a temporary part-time employee with a contract being renewed periodically which is weird and might complicate this matter. She was concerned that the temporary status could convey that there is no intention to maintain her employment. On the other hand, we believe that she will be satisfying the minimum income requirement for sponsors ($21,137?) now. However, is this still applicable to us given that my wife has been a student and part-time worker during the last three years until now, falling below poverty level during this time? Would this matter lead to complications such as having to add a joint sponsor? 

I have read that some documents, apart from tax transcripts and pay stubs, that could help are letters of employment and a cover letter. Her letter of employment doesn't include annual salary though. Also, the contract she signed does not include all the classes she teaches at the university. There is a risk that those will not get updated during the fall. Thus, we will not know the new actual salary until the system updates and my wife is provided with her first check by the end of this month. 

Considering this information, do you think a cover letter would help, explaining her income shift, that she was a student restricted by the university for work and that she is now in her career and can support us from now on? I guess she would only be able to provide pay stubs starting this month, in order to show that she is currently meeting the income requirement. What about the past three years - do we need to provide tax transcripts and pay stubs for this time even though they are insufficient in terms of the income requirements? My wife was telling me how she can prove that she has been employed by the university since 2014, which she thought perhaps could be a sign of "stability" despite the income gap. What are some things we could do in this situation? More specifically, what documents do you think we could provide, and will we need a joint sponsor? 

Sorry for all these complicated questions!

Good luck to all of us!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 hours ago, Saci Singh said:

I filled my ds260

Any ideas?

Oh no!  Make sure your files are separate, such as marriage certificate in one doc, transcripts separate for each each, etc. You can also go in with your case number and upload it yourself. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ljujas2019 said:

Hi everyone!

My wife and I have a few questions about the Affidavit of support forms and what requirements apply to us.

My wife has recently got a new full time job, but she is officially classified as a temporary part-time employee with a contract being renewed periodically which is weird and might complicate this matter. She was concerned that the temporary status could convey that there is no intention to maintain her employment. On the other hand, we believe that she will be satisfying the minimum income requirement for sponsors ($21,137?) now. However, is this still applicable to us given that my wife has been a student and part-time worker during the last three years until now, falling below poverty level during this time? Would this matter lead to complications such as having to add a joint sponsor? 

I have read that some documents, apart from tax transcripts and pay stubs, that could help are letters of employment and a cover letter. Her letter of employment doesn't include annual salary though. Also, the contract she signed does not include all the classes she teaches at the university. There is a risk that those will not get updated during the fall. Thus, we will not know the new actual salary until the system updates and my wife is provided with her first check by the end of this month. 

Considering this information, do you think a cover letter would help, explaining her income shift, that she was a student restricted by the university for work and that she is now in her career and can support us from now on? I guess she would only be able to provide pay stubs starting this month, in order to show that she is currently meeting the income requirement. What about the past three years - do we need to provide tax transcripts and pay stubs for this time even though they are insufficient in terms of the income requirements? My wife was telling me how she can prove that she has been employed by the university since 2014, which she thought perhaps could be a sign of "stability" despite the income gap. What are some things we could do in this situation? More specifically, what documents do you think we could provide, and will we need a joint sponsor? 

Sorry for all these complicated questions!

Good luck to all of us!!

Upon first read of your situation I am not seeing a clear history of a full time job with the same company, showing well over the threshold of income. Just my personal opinion, but if this was my situation I would get a sponsor..I wouldn’t take any chances. 🤷‍♀️

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Timeline
On 9/18/2019 at 7:52 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

How long ago did you submit. If it’s been a while, you’re better off just waiting. Hopefully they accept it as is and you get case complete soon! By the way, I remember you from the 130 group 😁

Hi, I submitted it on September 10. I was so stupid, I should’ve been patient and just waited for the scanned one that he later sent . After all this waiting you just want to push the submit button 😐...should I upload and send it? 

Timeline
On 9/20/2019 at 3:04 AM, SmarterChild said:

it looks as though they can deny for any made up reason if they want to

I don’t remember them asking to submit proof of this at ivs or aos submission. I just submitted Our documents. They did ask the questions of his education but I don’t see where they asked us for proof.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MinB said:

I’m trying to get all my documents ready for when I get my case number. When I scanned all my documents in pdf, it’s coming out to be KB and not MB. Are we suppose to convert it or something? Or KB is okay as long as it’s not over the 2mb when we do the covert calculation?

1MB = 1024KB, so as long as your pdf is smaller than 2048KB you're fine.

Timeline

DS260 done and we uploaded the civil documents and all AOS documents on Sept 19! Now I'm nervous and waiting for NVC to review... I included only what was asked for and nothing additional.

Like I didn't include petitioner divorce decree or a marriage certificate from my (the immigrant) previous marriage because in my country we don't have such document. Everything is recorded electronically in the "population system". I did upload my divorce decision document from the court.

What do you think, should I add some explanations to the "other documents" or just calm down and wait to hear from NVC?

I thought everything was very clear but now I'm second guessing my understanding. Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, K&J18 said:

DS260 done and we uploaded the civil documents and all AOS documents on Sept 19! Now I'm nervous and waiting for NVC to review... I included only what was asked for and nothing additional.

Like I didn't include petitioner divorce decree or a marriage certificate from my (the immigrant) previous marriage because in my country we don't have such document. Everything is recorded electronically in the "population system". I did upload my divorce decision document from the court.

What do you think, should I add some explanations to the "other documents" or just calm down and wait to hear from NVC?

I thought everything was very clear but now I'm second guessing my understanding. Thanks!

Was petitioner's divorce decree included when they filed i-130? If you guys didn't send it when you sent i-130 then you should upload right now at NVC stage. If you sent it with i-130 then dont worry about it.

Timeline
16 hours ago, Mr & Mrs T said:

Did you tried to compress into zip file ?

Today I did it.. the uploading.. hmm.

I didn't hit the submit yet.  It takes time but I don't want to just rush it.  I need to make sure everything is good.

I just resized it using an app.. got a free trial  image converter..

16 hours ago, Swadesfan said:

Try to see if you can print it to pdf. That should reduce the size. Also, check you dpi settings if you are scanning. I think 150-300 should be good enough quality. 

I scanned it already but two of the docs were larger than 2 mb

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 9/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, Rupi said:

my case got reviewed in two days one document got rejected and that was my biggest mistake.....  that document not yet hot reviewed it's been more than 4 weeks now

What doc was that?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.