dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, SmarterChild said:

please correct me if i’m wrong, but as i understand it, if you make over 250% fpg it’s going to be a really positive factor in your visa case, if you make under 125% fpg you’re gonna have some problems. you won’t be automatically denied for not meeting 250% fpg.

if it is below 250% fpg i think then you may need a joint sponsor

10 minutes ago, Rupi said:

Do you think that they can deny visa if applicant is not well qualified

Screenshot_20190920-122127.jpg

it looks as though they can deny for any made up reason if they want to

Just now, Rupi said:

have you submitted documents to nvc ? when?

yeah, i submitted my documents to the nvc on august 7th. crossing my fingers that i’ll get dq but it’s not the end of the world for me to get an rfe.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SmarterChild said:

yeah, i submitted my documents to the nvc on august 7th. crossing my fingers that i’ll get dq but it’s not the end of the world for me to get an rfe.

wow.... you are a strong person .... me and husband has just lost our patience

Just now, Rupi said:

wow.... you are a strong person .... me and husband has just lost our patience

my wife and i live together in russia, so we aren’t being kept apart by delays in this process. i think i’m just patient by nature but my wife is taking the delays really hard. unfortunately, delays seem to be the name of the game for all of us.

Timeline
Just now, SmarterChild said:

my wife and i live together in russia, so we aren’t being kept apart by delays in this process. i think i’m just patient by nature but my wife is taking the delays really hard. unfortunately, delays seem to be the name of the game for all of us.

you are lucky that you are with your wife ... it has been more than 7 month since we are apart😔. .. wish you luck will hear from nvc in this or next week

Just now, Rupi said:

you are lucky that you are with your wife ... it has been more than 7 month since we are apart😔. .. wish you luck will hear from nvc in this or next week

gosh, i’m really sorry to hear that. i hope you’ll be back with your husband soon enough. we’ll all get to where we’re going in due time. be steadfast.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

What I've heard, which is pretty scary, is they're may be dragging their feet (orders from above) so that October 15th kicks in and they can review our cases under the new "public charge" rule! Some lawyers are saying that regardless of when you first file your petition, re-submission or not, if you case is still at NVC (not yet approved) come Oct 15th we're all going under the knife!  I hope that's NOT true, but it's pretty scary stuff! It's called "changing the rules in the middle of the game". Some Dem. Senators, bless their heart, are trying to block the stupid rule, but it's all still up in the air!

https://www.casey.senate.gov/newsroom/releases/casey-26-senate-democrats-introduce-legislation-to-block-implementation-of-trump-administrations-so-called-public-charge-rule

This will not affect us as it is a process that takes many months to enact if it is passed. 

What happens next?

It’s very important to understand that, despite the headlines you may read, the DHS public charge rule has not gone into effect. The traditional status-quo policy will remain in effect until the “effective date” occurs—either on the scheduled date of Oct. 15, 2019 or later if the courts block the rule.

This is the procedure that federal agencies like DHS must follow when issuing a new regulation:

(1) Proposed rule: DHS publishes a “proposed” or “draft” rule in the Federal Register (officially known as a “Notice of Proposed Rulemaking”). This document sets forth the specific changes that DHS wants to make to the Code of Federal Regulations, along with a lengthy legal and economic justification. Read the proposed rule here.

(2) Public comment period: For the next 60 days, the proposed rule is open for public comments. This means that anyone is allowed to send DHS their own feedback about the public charge rule, including arguments for keeping the status quo or modifying the regulatory text.

(3) Internal deliberations: For the next several months, DHS reads through all of the public comments, prepares a response to each substantive concern, and possibly makes changes to its regulatory plan and economic impact analysis. This process typically takes a long time — six months would be very fast in federal agency terms, and well over a year is not uncommon.

(4) Final rule: DHS publishes a “final” rule in the Federal Register. This document sets forth the final changes that DHS will make to the Code of Federal Regulations. DHS may decide to change course from its initial proposed rule, or to adopt the exact same language as before. Either way, DHS must provide a detailed justification for why it chose to either follow or ignore the public comments it received. Read the final rule here. The final rule will have an “Effective Date,” occurring 60 days later, at which point the rule becomes law — assuming that it is not blocked by a judge in a federal lawsuit.

What does this mean for me?

Even if the new rule is finally enacted, expanding the number of government benefits that trigger a denial on public-charge grounds, it won’t penalize applicants for their use of such benefits prior to the Effective Date of the rule.

Here’s the bottom line: If you are contemplating a green card application or a naturalization application, you’re almost certainly better off if you get it filed right away, as far in advance of these new changes as possible.

Boundless is constantly monitoring changes to the U.S. immigration system to help keep you informed. Stay up to date by following Boundless on Twitter or Facebook, so you can be alerted as soon as more official details come to light.

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

All your quote above says is that the public charge rule "won’t penalize applicants for their use of such benefits prior to the Effective Date of the rule". It does not talk about what guidelines and procedures NVC and COs will be using post 10/15, if the rule isn't blocked at courts.

10 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

For those of you who have heard back from NVC after submitting your DS260 application and AOS through CEAC, did you receive RFE or CC email during NVC's office hours or it was after hours? Thanks!

The message in nvc was timed at 9am est but the email was sent at 9pm est. I didn’t notice until 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.