dwheels76

NVC Filers - September 2019

879 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, paret3169 said:

Should be I’m in the same boat but I’ve been waiting 4 weeks now for my resubmission. When did you originally submit?

i am also waiting from 4 weeks after resubmission

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, MrsEze said:

You should call them 

Calling them is useless. They just regurgitate their scripts like parrots! You'' wait 70 min to ask a question and they'll tell you something like "you will receive an email once you case has been reviewed" DAH!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rupi said:

i am also waiting from 4 weeks after resubmission

What I've heard, which is pretty scary, is they're may be dragging their feet (orders from above) so that October 15th kicks in and they can review our cases under the new "public charge" rule! Some lawyers are saying that regardless of when you first file your petition, re-submission or not, if you case is still at NVC (not yet approved) come Oct 15th we're all going under the knife!  I hope that's NOT true, but it's pretty scary stuff! It's called "changing the rules in the middle of the game". Some Dem. Senators, bless their heart, are trying to block the stupid rule, but it's all still up in the air!

https://www.casey.senate.gov/newsroom/releases/casey-26-senate-democrats-introduce-legislation-to-block-implementation-of-trump-administrations-so-called-public-charge-rule

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got off the phone with the NVC and they received our case on September 13th, now the countdown to getting our case number begins! I'm sure I'll be frustrated with NVC processing times soon enough, but I have to say, after 11 months of radio silence from USCIS it is a nice change of pace to have timelines be in weeks instead of months :) 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
1 minute ago, Karim2018 said:

What I've heard, which is pretty scary, is they're may be dragging their feet (orders from above) so that October 15th kicks in and they can review our cases under the new "public charge" rule! Some lawyers are saying that regardless of when you first file your petition, re-submission or not, if you case is still at NVC (not yet approved) come Oct 15th we're all going under the knife!  I hope that's NOT true, but it's pretty scary stuff! It's called "changing the rules in the middle of the game". Some Dem. Senators, bless their heart, are trying to block the stupid rule, but it's all still up in the air!

https://www.casey.senate.gov/newsroom/releases/casey-26-senate-democrats-introduce-legislation-to-block-implementation-of-trump-administrations-so-called-public-charge-rule

Screenshot_20190920-084547.jpg

Timeline
Just now, DGF said:

Just got off the phone with the NVC and they received our case on September 13th, now the countdown to getting our case number begins! I'm sure I'll be frustrated with NVC processing times soon enough, but I have to say, after 11 months of radio silence from USCIS it is a nice change of pace to have timelines be in weeks instead of months :) 

Congrats and welcome to the "wait club"!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rupi said:

Screenshot_20190920-084547.jpg

Yes, I've read that already, and while that's true at face value, they can/will change the rules on you if your application is still not approved and dragging at NVC. They probably won't ask you to fill-out the new I-864 form, but they can use the new poverty guidelines and subject you to all kind of scrutiny! COs will be empowered like never before to deny your case! Let's pray these Senators can get a court order to halt/freeze this damn public charge rule before 10/15.

Timeline
Just now, Karim2018 said:

Yes, I've read that already, and while that's true at face value, they can/will change the rules on you if your application is still not approved and dragging at NVC. They probably won't ask you to fill-out the new I-864 form, but they can use the new poverty guidelines and subject you to all kind of scrutiny! COs will be empowered like never before to deny your case! Let's pray these Senators can get a court order to halt/freeze this damn public charge rule before 10/15.

what are the new poverty guidelines

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Karim2018 said:

i think it will be applicable to every one who not yet approved or not get interviewed. because interviewer can tell the applicant to find a joint sponsor he they don't meet the poverty guidelines

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Rupi said:

i think it will be applicable to every one who not yet approved or not get interviewed. because interviewer can tell the applicant to find a joint sponsor he they don't meet the poverty guidelines

public charge rule is very closely related to the I-864. If your AOS  (I-864) is not reviewed, approved, and labeled by NVC as competed b4 10/15, you're in for some fun stuff :( So I've heard! and you're probably right, even after NVC approves your file and sends to the consulate, COs can still pull a fast one on you!

Edited by Karim2018

2 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

250% FPG (Basically double those of 2019)

please correct me if i’m wrong, but as i understand it, if you make over 250% fpg it’s going to be a really positive factor in your visa case, if you make under 125% fpg you’re gonna have some problems. you won’t be automatically denied for not meeting 250% fpg.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.