Nature Boy 2.0

Anybody want to take odds

116 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Funny, I wasn't even looking at Alabama. Or Mississippi, as CNN likes to call it. I was looking for something wrong with the title or the Georgia counties or some other blatant misrepresentation.

That's why it's funny is because they blatantly leave out Alabama. My buddies in the SEC are laughing their butt off at this. Go Vols

Edited by Cyberfx1024

2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

Funny, I wasn't even looking at Alabama. Or Mississippi, as CNN likes to call it. I was looking for something wrong with the title or the Georgia counties or some other blatant misrepresentation.

Not being from the southeast i understand 

Filed: Timeline
On 9/2/2019 at 6:51 PM, Steeleballz said:

I don't know if it's blatant. Might just be CNN hired somebody like me as their fact checker.

Perhaps the same guy @ CNN who posted that Dorian was "now a category 2 hurricane" when it had been a cat 5 for over a day?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, laylalex said:

How about instead of focusing on the political aspects of this, we focus instead on the people who are going to be affected by it? All this is doing is feeding into the antagonism that is polarizing everyone, and all it is is NOISE. The important part of this story is what is about to happen, and how the government is going to respond to it in the lead up and the aftermath.

A lot of members on here are very pro Trump/GOP from what I have noticed in these current event topics so you are not going to win unfortunately.  You are right in what you said, "It doesn't take a genius (very stable or otherwise!) to know that what's needed of a president in times like these is compassion and money and focus on getting aid to people and businesses. What's not needed is finger pointing and jeering and politicization of a tragedy, and that goes for everyone, president or not. Trump could increase his political capital if he plays this right. He just has to be able to focus on getting it right, not only for himself, but for all the people whose lives will be affected."

12 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

A lot of members on here are very pro Trump/GOP from what I have noticed in these current event topics so you are not going to win unfortunately.  You are right in what you said, "It doesn't take a genius (very stable or otherwise!) to know that what's needed of a president in times like these is compassion and money and focus on getting aid to people and businesses. What's not needed is finger pointing and jeering and politicization of a tragedy, and that goes for everyone, president or not. Trump could increase his political capital if he plays this right. He just has to be able to focus on getting it right, not only for himself, but for all the people whose lives will be affected."

Thank you! I do realize I am in the minority on here, but I enjoy (I think???) getting to argue with other people who don't necessarily agree with me. I feel sometimes like I'm in an echo chamber in my "real life" because most of my friends and family have similar political views as mine. Getting challenged I think is a good thing, even when I know that the people who are challenging me are getting things completely wrong, or don't want to listen to my response. :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Thank you! I do realize I am in the minority on here, but I enjoy (I think???) getting to argue with other people who don't necessarily agree with me. I feel sometimes like I'm in an echo chamber in my "real life" because most of my friends and family have similar political views as mine. Getting challenged I think is a good thing, even when I know that the people who are challenging me are getting things completely wrong, or don't want to listen to my response. :) 

Summer Dresses, Pens or Netflix?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Summer Dresses, Pens or Netflix?

Well, my friends have never had an issue with my use of the ex's account for Netflix! However, I draw the line with piggybacking onto his Hulu account, even though I guessed the password, because I never had the login details to begin with. I think continuing to use the Netflix account is a lot less problematic.

Pens -- really only my ex cares about pens, so I haven't had a chance to talk about them much with others except on here. I asked my fiance, A, what he thought about fountain pens and he said they were a colossal waste of cash that could be spent on more practical things, like rent and food. I asked if there were any pens in particular that he liked to use, and he said whatever they give him in the office. This is less sexy than fountain pens but I appreciate the practicality and frugality!

As for summer dresses, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. :P 

Timeline

meghan-markle-altuzarra-dress-180625.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Cute! I like the slit in the front, opportunity for some legginess. The buttons... many chances for oops! one opening. :blush:

This is the one I'm wearing this summer over and over again:

altuzarra-kieran-dress_13181374_16270545

Timeline

Not sure I could do those heels.

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Not sure I could do those heels.

Just takes some practice, but I don't wear ones like those too frequently either. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, laylalex said:

I asked if there were any pens in particular that he liked to use, and he said whatever they give him in the office.

You can use a basic LAMY fountain pen which is strangely a lot more satisfying than any Bic. Or at the very least 0.5 Pilot G2. Bonus point if you writing on 0.5cm grid paper. 

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

We enjoy a good debate or discussion here. Usually the ones that gravitate here from the Left and far Left wing radicals. No matter the views of someone else it is always good to hear those opinions No matter what. I know I don't want to be living in a echo chamber. That is why I try to listen/watch msnbc to see what they are saying and to get their side of things. 

There are even some Left wing podcasters I like to watch on YouTube because they look at the facts of the matter no.matter what. You should check out Jimmy Dore on YouTube (he lives in Pasadena). He called it months ago that Russiagate was a big farce and he hates Trump. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
9 hours ago, laylalex said:

Pens -- really only my ex cares about pens

Upon reflection, two groups who would care are poets and pigs.

Poets have a pen and ink.

Pigs have a pen and "oink."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).