Nature Boy 2.0

Anybody want to take odds

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

We enjoy a good debate or discussion here. Usually the ones that gravitate here from the Left and far Left wing radicals. No matter the views of someone else it is always good to hear those opinions No matter what. I know I don't want to be living in a echo chamber. That is why I try to listen/watch msnbc to see what they are saying and to get their side of things. 

There are even some Left wing podcasters I like to watch on YouTube because they look at the facts of the matter no.matter what. You should check out Jimmy Dore on YouTube (he lives in Pasadena). He called it months ago that Russiagate was a big farce and he hates Trump. 

I do enjoy perusing HuffPo and Salon quite often.  I especially love their comments sections.  If anyone thinks CEHST has crazy folks, we are not anywhere close to the crazies there.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

16 hours ago, Shiran said:

You can use a basic LAMY fountain pen which is strangely a lot more satisfying than any Bic. Or at the very least 0.5 Pilot G2. Bonus point if you writing on 0.5cm grid paper. 

So I bugged my fiance about what pen he uses at work -- he thought I was being very odd, because "it's just a ###### pen, why is this an issue?" So he sent me a pic of it, and it's Pilot Precise V7 0.7mm fine point pen. And it's totally foul because he chews his pens (ew).

5GX9tDa.jpg

18 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Hard to believe, but we have more topics and posts discussing fountain pens on CEHST in the last few days than they have over on the fountain pen forum.

Here's some news about a fountain pen, if that helps: https://in.news.yahoo.com/carpenter-crafts-19-5-ft-214900657.html

As the era of fountain pens is quickly disappearing, a carpenter from Avinahalli village of Karnataka's Shivamogga has crafted a 19.5 ft long wooden pen. It is Krishnamurthy Achar's tribute to the era of fountain pens. Kept on an elevated stand, the pen is a unique piece of art. He has sent information to Guinness World Records team.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I blame the Space Race.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

I blame the Space Race.

Sounds like it is time for Seinfeld to make an appearance.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ben & Katy said:

A lot of members on here are very pro Trump/GOP from what I have noticed in these current event topics so you are not going to win unfortunately.  You are right in what you said, "It doesn't take a genius (very stable or otherwise!) to know that what's needed of a president in times like these is compassion and money and focus on getting aid to people and businesses. What's not needed is finger pointing and jeering and politicization of a tragedy, and that goes for everyone, president or not. Trump could increase his political capital if he plays this right. He just has to be able to focus on getting it right, not only for himself, but for all the people whose lives will be affected."

Alas, Trump is NOT a politician, so you'll never see him trying to capitalize on things like most politicians would. 

Filed: Timeline
On 9/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, laylalex said:

Thank you! I do realize I am in the minority on here, but I enjoy (I think???) getting to argue with other people who don't necessarily agree with me. I feel sometimes like I'm in an echo chamber in my "real life" because most of my friends and family have similar political views as mine. Getting challenged I think is a good thing, even when I know that the people who are challenging me are getting things completely wrong, or don't want to listen to my response. :) 

Isn't it amazing, how you can be SO WRONG about so many things, but us arguing with you helps you feel like WE are the wrong ones?  And the best part is... we on the correct side don't even charge for this service!!  :rofl:

1 hour ago, ALFKAD said:

Isn't it amazing, how you can be SO WRONG about so many things, but us arguing with you helps you feel like WE are the wrong ones?  And the best part is... we on the correct side don't even charge for this service!!  :rofl:

Where's the "tongue sticking out" reaction now that they removed the upvote????? :D :P