Nature Boy 2.0

Anybody want to take odds

116 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Green Frontier is one of those Netflix Limited series but it's good. What kind of shows do you like to watch? I have heard of black but never saw it. If like more danger shows then check out Fauda. It is a Israeli show about spies and counter terrorism

Yeah, spies and counter terrorism are definitely more his speed. I have a bit of an eclectic taste, with some sci fi (like Black Mirror, which is also comedy, and drama, and fantasy, and, um, kind of everything, and Stranger Things) and historical stuff (watching the third season of Harlots on Hulu at the moment, The Queen (Netflix show AND the movie, which I even bought I liked it so much), soft spot for Jane Austen adaptations and everything 18th century because that was my area of concentration in college) and comedy series that aren't too corny (which is why I looooove GLOW). And horror films, of course.

I make the boy come with me to watch horror films and he mostly enjoys them, but he has a tendency to fall asleep in the middle of the film, and then I have to explain everything he missed in the 15 minutes or so he was snoring. Last one we saw together was Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, which was actually pretty good and dark for a PG-13 horror movie. The Annabelle movie was an okay installment in the series, I preferred Annabelle Creation. Midsommar was sold as a horror movie but wasn't! I saw it with my best friend/store manager, and went and got drunk on cocktails afterwards because I was a bit disappointed, especially after the director's earlier film, Hereditary. Curse of La Llorona was meh. Spent too much money to go see it at a dine-in, but at least we could drink and watch!

Speaking of which, I was drinking a Hurricane when I watched Curse of Llorona so this is marginally on topic!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, laylalex said:

we should maybe at least pretend getting back on topic so we don't get this thread shut down

:yes: 

2 hours ago, laylalex said:

I was drinking a Hurricane [...] so this is marginally on topic

:no: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't understand how the heck you people have so much time to watch movies and netflix series.  With work and taking care of a house and yard and such I barely have time to eat and take the dog for a walk and check VJ.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

3 hours ago, Neonred said:

I don't understand how the heck you people have so much time to watch movies and netflix series.  With work and taking care of a house and yard and such I barely have time to eat and take the dog for a walk and check VJ.

For the past few months it was get up at 3am. Leave house by 5am. Drive a couple hours and then drive back sometime between 5pm and 9pm. Eat. Feel so fried the insomnia kicks in, Netflix myself to sleep for about two hours. Rinse and repeat. Weekends are when everything else gets crammed in and I might be able to fit some more viewing in. When I was on normal schedule I'd watch while doing housework or cooking while waiting for hubby to get home, and then we'd cram in either a movie or game before bed.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What happened to the up arrow?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Time management. I put in an extra hour at work and then pay someone to do a few hours of yard work. I end up with more free time, ahead on money and get out of doing something I really hate. I know some people like yard work so they don’t see it that way. I don’t really notice the extra time at work, but being out on my mountain bike instead of out in the yard sweating for a couple of hours sure makes a great day. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Since school started back we are on that schedule. So that means we put them to bed around 8pm. So that leaves 8 to 10-11pm for movies/shows or school work. I will be so happy when I get my MBA, which i will be done in 8 weeks. 

My day consists of getting up at 4:30, gym at 5, at work between 6:30-4pm, then spending time with my family or house work from then until 8pm. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Time management. I put in an extra hour at work and then pay someone to do a few hours of yard work. I end up with more free time, ahead on money and get out of doing something I really hate. I know some people like yard work so they don’t see it that way. I don’t really notice the extra time at work, but being out on my mountain bike instead of out in the yard sweating for a couple of hours sure makes a great day. 

I like doing the yard work...all 2 1/2 acres of it.  It's my "gym membership"  Guess I need to pay someone to make my wife's dinner, clean up the dishes, do the laundry and take the dog for a walk.

I'm up by 5:30 to get ready for work and make something for the wife and I to eat.  Usually get home by 6:00 and make dinner and take the dog out and I always need to call my elderly mother to be sure she is still alive.  With the little time left I can do paperwork, pay bills online and fix something around the house.  Maybe squeeze in some pool time or talk to one of my kids.  Try to get away down to the house in the FL Keys (where I am now) for the weekend every three weeks or so.

Several years ago, before the new wife, we were racing every other weekend and spending several nights a week preparing.  Don't know how I managed.  Well being single made it easier... And I was younger then!

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Well, I don't have a yard to keep, that helps. I live in a little A-frame studio that's in the backyard of another house (i.e. a back house) and my landlord does all the gardening. I used to keep a vegetable garden in Pasadena and I miss that.

Also having no kids, walking or biking to work mostly (2 mile commute), working less than full time (30 hours), and not living with my S.O. frees up time. We're moving in together at the beginning of October so that will change. 

I take a while to get through shows on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, and rarely binge watch. I also tend to do other things while watching, like knitting or reading the news. And yeah, I also use the TV as a weekday sleep aid!

So funny-- hand on heart, after we watched 2 episodes of Stranger Things last night, I told my fiancé to just put something on I could fall asleep to, and he chose season 19 of SVU, and the episodes where Liv is being accused of abusing her son, just like @Cyberfx1024 and I were talking about last night. You could not make this up! :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Neonred said:

I like doing the yard work...all 2 1/2 acres of it.  It's my "gym membership"  Guess I need to pay someone to make my wife's dinner, clean up the dishes, do the laundry and take the dog for a walk.

I'm up by 5:30 to get ready for work and make something for the wife and I to eat.  Usually get home by 6:00 and make dinner and take the dog out and I always need to call my elderly mother to be sure she is still alive.  With the little time left I can do paperwork, pay bills online and fix something around the house.  Maybe squeeze in some pool time or talk to one of my kids.  Try to get away down to the house in the FL Keys (where I am now) for the weekend every three weeks or so.

Several years ago, before the new wife, we were racing every other weekend and spending several nights a week preparing.  Don't know how I managed.  Well being single made it easier... And I was younger then!

Looks like you manage time pretty well too. Good you get the weekend away. I am trying to do that more. 

A lot of things I used to waste time on don't seem worth it now. That includes all the extra hours I used put in at work. I agree it was easier to do more being younger and single, but I watch some of the youngsters now putting in weekends of overtime with no real plan,  maybe blowing the money on an expensive car they don't really need, and I think man, use that time now before you get married and have kids and go do something. 

11 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, I don't have a yard to keep, that helps. I live in a little A-frame studio that's in the backyard of another house (i.e. a back house) and my landlord does all the gardening. I used to keep a vegetable garden in Pasadena and I miss that.

Also having no kids, walking or biking to work mostly (2 mile commute), working less than full time (30 hours), and not living with my S.O. frees up time. We're moving in together at the beginning of October so that will change. 

I take a while to get through shows on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, and rarely binge watch. I also tend to do other things while watching, like knitting or reading the news. And yeah, I also use the TV as a weekday sleep aid!

So funny-- hand on heart, after we watched 2 episodes of Stranger Things last night, I told my fiancé to just put something on I could fall asleep to, and he chose season 19 of SVU, and the episodes where Liv is being accused of abusing her son, just like @Cyberfx1024 and I were talking about last night. You could not make this up! :lol: 

I could actually handle yard work if I had to, I guess, but for sure when you have kids, that is where you end up with no free time. Especially for the first few years, everything else just tends to get put on the back burner for a while. Actually, once my kids started getting older, I would start to get back an hour or two of extra time to get things done and sometimes I wouldn't even know what to do with myself. Free time fills up pretty quick though.

Thankfully don't have to do anything like mowing.. the landscaper takes care of that, though honestly I'd rather do it myself. I have a lot of gardens though.. because of the schedule change everything is suffering from lack of care.. got to get back to doing it.. plus the dog freaks without me (going to have to get him a stroller so I can just take him wherever!).

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23