jsree84

More evidence required

36 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

You read it wrong. 

But it also you can’t tell someone to not comment it’s against the tos. 

To be fair, they just said they would rather you didn’t comment ;) 

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

You read it wrong. 

But it also you can’t tell someone to not comment it’s against the tos. 

How did she read it wrong?

You laughed after telling her she was going to continue to pay her attorney for doing nothing.

OP: I agree with others above, you've already sent in quite a bit and I would check with the attorney to make sure he/she has sent in everything you gave to them. 

If they really want more you can send in proof of joint car insurance policies, proof of joint health insurance, life insurance listing each other as beneficiaries, joint credit card accounts, joint home utility bills(electric, gas, cable, cell phone ect).

Not sure why he/she would ask for tax transcripts when you already sent joint tax returns, it's redundant. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, jsree84 said:

Thank you, that was really insightful. I'm going to look into writing up a will. We're also sending in beneficiary letters this time in an attempt at making it more robust. 

We received good and fast service with legalzoom.com.  They provided the necessary forms and instructions to make our documents valid in our state.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 hours ago, jsree84 said:

My husband and I are going on a trip to Europe and I told her we had airline tickets - the only catch is we're both flying back on different dates, simply because he's able to spend an extra week catching up with his best friends and I don't have enough off days to take an extra week. My attorney immediately said no and that she didn't want them to raise questions about our return trip. I thought it was truly odd. At the point, I rather do an interview with the agents just to get this stress over with :( 

Also, I have a question about the affidavits you sent. This letter is supposed to be from my in-laws, so i'm trying to draft one first and need some help. How granular did you get with the letters? Did you include the dates of meeting, where, how did it go, or more general like how often you meet up with them etc? 

My wife and I traveled at least three times while she was in the ROC stage with me coming back on separate days due to work obligations.  It was never an issue.  I agree with @missileman, I would be checking your attorney and find out what they truly submitted.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Pitaya said:

We received good and fast service with legalzoom.com.  They provided the necessary forms and instructions to make our documents valid in our state.

We did similar for our Wills.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 hours ago, Cathi said:

You laughed after telling her she was going to continue to pay her attorney for doing nothing.

OP: I agree with others above, you've already sent in quite a bit and I would check with the attorney to make sure he/she has sent in everything you gave to them. 

If they really want more you can send in proof of joint car insurance policies, proof of joint health insurance, life insurance listing each other as beneficiaries, joint credit card accounts, joint home utility bills(electric, gas, cable, cell phone ect).

Not sure why he/she would ask for tax transcripts when you already sent joint tax returns, it's redundant. 

Laughing at the attorney for coming up with a potty excuse for her f*** up I. This case!  

Which she did! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In addition to the mentioned Life Insurance beneficiary designation idea mentioned above, if you have retirement accounts like a 401k, you may also potentially be able to designate your spouse as a beneficiary for that as well.

I just went through the exact same thing with my wife about a year ago.  They took years reply to her change of status and her temporary green card had already expired and had to be extended pending their decision.  When they did reply I found out our case had been transfered from the Vermont service center to the Texas location and they asked for additional evidence even though I had already sent them everything you listed above.  They wanted additional tax returns since they had taken more than a year to make the decision and we had of course filed income taxes while waiting their decision.   I sent them everything they requested along with multiple signed affidavits and I ended up calling to make an appointment and have my wife's green card extended pending their decision.  When we went in for our appointment they told us they could not extend her temporary green card because her change of status had finally been approved and sure enough she received her new green card in the mail that is good for 10 years 2 days later.

Edited by Dorian

Filed: Timeline
18 hours ago, jsree84 said:

That's exactly what my husband said and it's weighing a bit on my mind because we have to take her word for it. I'm guessing she submitted it but we feel like she isn't doing enough, such as giving me a template to work with. 

I sent tons of ROC evidence just like yours to my attorney, everything that you can think of.  But when i asked a copy of what they sent to uscis, found out they only sent those that are new, those we had not sent before. I felt disappointed with their move but luckily its approve no interview no rfe this is considering we had been stokes 2 years ago. Hmmm i guess uscis lost some of your stuff? Who knows y but anyway just send them again and im sure it will be over you will be approve. Also just a reminder have a copy and put them aside again in a safe place you might send them again for your n400 like what im doing now. 

Edited by tomigaoka

I can tell you for a fact that I sent all the same paperwork in and more because I did it all myself without an attorney, and they still came back and asked for additional information.  Unfortunately, this is the new normal.  It seems no matter how much proof you send in, they are going to wait until the last minute and ask for more.  My advice is to just keep sending as much proof as you can and try to make an appoint ment and talk to someone at your closest office location.  That is what worked for us.

14 hours ago, Cathi said:

Thank you!

So, I looked at the letter they sent itemizing what they received: Condo deed 2017, Condo insurance 2018-2019, Prepared 2017 tax return, invoices with our names on it. Our lawyer should've advised us that this wasn't enough from the get-go and warned us that this might happen. Then at least we'd have taken further steps to prepare for this 2nd round of documentation.

When we set up our home utility bills, it was all in my husband's name which is super frustrating (he got yelled at by me, lol), but to be fair, even I didn't think of that. That said, we have made those changes and hopefully we'll be able to submit them with higher chance of success.I feel the same thing about the tax transcripts, I already gave her those. *confused*  We've scheduled a phone call with her and I'll be grilling her with a list of questions.

I also feel bad for her because it almost feels as if my husband and I have nothing to show even though we're so entrenched in everything else. For instance, when we stayed at hotels, the reservation form didn't ask for both our names, so it's always my name + 1 guest. Gah! Or our dog's registration license, the form only asked for one person's name; but this time I deliberately entered my first name and my husband's first name in the last name's field just to make sure it's reflected! Trying to make everything count now. :D

13 hours ago, Pitaya said:

Thank you! I'll look into legalzoom.com 

We may need to switch to a different attorney if this continues.

4 hours ago, Dorian said:

I just went through the exact same thing with my wife about a year ago.  They took years reply to her change of status and her temporary green card had already expired and had to be extended pending their decision.  When they did reply I found out our case had been transfered from the Vermont service center to the Texas location and they asked for additional evidence even though I had already sent them everything you listed above.  They wanted additional tax returns since they had taken more than a year to make the decision and we had of course filed income taxes while waiting their decision.   I sent them everything they requested along with multiple signed affidavits and I ended up calling to make an appointment and have my wife's green card extended pending their decision.  When we went in for our appointment they told us they could not extend her temporary green card because her change of status had finally been approved and sure enough she received her new green card in the mail that is good for 10 years 2 days later.

I'm so glad your wife received her 10-year green card! I'm going through this exactly - green card expired with a letter that extends my stay. Hope I see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Just wanted to support commenters who said this sounds like a lawyer issue. The evidence you say you've submitted sounds like overkill compared to how the rest of us have been faring in this process, and it does sound like the lawyer tried to transfer blame to the Trump admin instead of owning up to whatever her role may have been. It seems quite fishy. I would do this yourself or look for legal help elsewhere. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, jsree84 said:

Thank you!

So, I looked at the letter they sent itemizing what they received: Condo deed 2017, Condo insurance 2018-2019, Prepared 2017 tax return, invoices with our names on it. Our lawyer should've advised us that this wasn't enough from the get-go and warned us that this might happen. Then at least we'd have taken further steps to prepare for this 2nd round of documentation.

When we set up our home utility bills, it was all in my husband's name which is super frustrating (he got yelled at by me, lol), but to be fair, even I didn't think of that. That said, we have made those changes and hopefully we'll be able to submit them with higher chance of success.I feel the same thing about the tax transcripts, I already gave her those. *confused*  We've scheduled a phone call with her and I'll be grilling her with a list of questions.

I also feel bad for her because it almost feels as if my husband and I have nothing to show even though we're so entrenched in everything else. For instance, when we stayed at hotels, the reservation form didn't ask for both our names, so it's always my name + 1 guest. Gah! Or our dog's registration license, the form only asked for one person's name; but this time I deliberately entered my first name and my husband's first name in the last name's field just to make sure it's reflected! Trying to make everything count now. :D

The amount of evidences you send USCIS very very lacking. I'm bet you will not getting this RFE if you spend time to research i751 before submitted.

Here are few examples you can submit for the RFE: join checking account, join credit card, join utilities bills,copy of driver license with same address, boarding pass both of you travel together, membership card( Costco, Sam),

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.