Jump to content
TXBill

How many pages total was your I129F?

51 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

How many pages total was your I129F?

 

I have about 150 pages and I'm starting to worry that it's too much.

 

We have 20 pages of photos (2 - 4 per page) and 50 pages of chats and emails (we feel that this is important in painting a picture of our relationship).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours was 103 pages.  I made sure to scan everything and save it on my PC prior to mailing.  I even scanned the envelopes that I used for the passport photos.

 

Our package was big because I included:

 

  • Cover letter
  • Petition
  • Question 54 Supplement
  • Signed and Witnessed letter of how we met.
  • A second statement of witness (2 pages)
  • 2 pages of photos (6 on each page)
  • 3 pages of WhatsApp video call screenshots (6 on each page)
  • 1 page of boarding passes from prior flights
  • 1 page of tickets for future flights
  • 7 pages of hotel reservations
  • 10 pages of receipts for gifts and photos of her with the gifts
  • 1 page that detailed our WhatsApp history (shows the total number of messages, photos, etc sent)
  • 13 pages of actual WhatsApp message
  • 17 pages Prior marriage final decree and MDA
  • Criminal information supplement and cover letter (4 pages)
  • Cover letter explaining why my passport doesn't have stamps for each of my visits and a copy of my passport pages (4)
  • IMB statement and terms and conditions of Tinder (17 pages)
  • Letter of intent to Marry

 

 


Spoiler

 

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My K1 packet was very small.  We sent in a picture of us together and one hotel receipt with both names.  Although, I’m from Canada, and we lived only about a half hour apart, so if they looked, they saw a tremendous amount of visits to the US.

 

There is NO HARM in frontloading your petition, so include as much evidence as you think demonstrates that the relationship is bonafide. :)  Be less concerned about what others have submitted and more on making sure what you submit is quality evidence. 

 

The post above is a great example of including lots of quality evidence :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TandClaudia said:

Ours was 103 pages.  I made sure to scan everything and save it on my PC prior to mailing.  I even scanned the envelopes that I used for the passport photos.

 

Our package was big because I included:

 

  • Cover letter
  • Petition
  • Question 54 Supplement
  • Signed and Witnessed letter of how we met.
  • A second statement of witness (2 pages)
  • 2 pages of photos (6 on each page)
  • 3 pages of WhatsApp video call screenshots (6 on each page)
  • 1 page of boarding passes from prior flights
  • 1 page of tickets for future flights
  • 7 pages of hotel reservations
  • 10 pages of receipts for gifts and photos of her with the gifts
  • 1 page that detailed our WhatsApp history (shows the total number of messages, photos, etc sent)
  • 13 pages of actual WhatsApp message
  • 17 pages Prior marriage final decree and MDA
  • Criminal information supplement and cover letter (4 pages)
  • Cover letter explaining why my passport doesn't have stamps for each of my visits and a copy of my passport pages (4)
  • IMB statement and terms and conditions of Tinder (17 pages)
  • Letter of intent to Marry

 

 

Thanks so much!

 

Just a question: why is the IMB statement/TOC a lot of pages? Is Tinder's TOC? The website we used is kind of niche, our not an imb statement is only a page long and a printout of their page. Just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Cryssiekins said:

My K1 packet was very small.  We sent in a picture of us together and one hotel receipt with both names.  Although, I’m from Canada, and we lived only about a half hour apart, so if they looked, they saw a tremendous amount of visits to the US.

 

There is NO HARM in frontloading your petition, so include as much evidence as you think demonstrates that the relationship is bonafide. :)  Be less concerned about what others have submitted and more on making sure what you submit is quality evidence. 

 

The post above is a great example of including lots of quality evidence :) 

Thanks so much! I guess I'm still in the ballpark, I'll try to cut back if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TXBill said:

How many pages total was your I129F?

 

I have about 150 pages and I'm starting to worry that it's too much.

 

We have 20 pages of photos (2 - 4 per page) and 50 pages of chats and emails (we feel that this is important in painting a picture of our relationship).

 

 

Is this really needed at this stage for a K-1?   @payxibka


                    "What I am to be, I am now becoming"-  Benjamin Franklin     

   :idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

 

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
  • I751 mailed to Dallas PO Box: 3/28/2019
  • I-797 extension letter  for ROC dated 4/2/2019  MSCxxxxxxxxxx received: 4/6/2019
  • Biometrics apt received for 4/25/2019: on 4/12/2019
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless your petitioning from a high fraud country, that may be a little much. Mine was just under 100 pages total, and that is because I included evidence of 4 separate visits, each one had boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipt, and 2 pages of photos. Otherwise if I only sent the one visit required for the K1 it would have been maybe 60 pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, missileman said:

Is this really needed at this stage for a K-1?   @payxibka

Certainly not for the petition and certainly not for Manila 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Thanks so much!

 

Just a question: why is the IMB statement/TOC a lot of pages? Is Tinder's TOC? The website we used is kind of niche, our not an imb statement is only a page long and a printout of their page. Just wondering if I'm missing something. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I guess I'm still in the ballpark, I'll try to cut back if possible.

I submitted no chats, 2 pages of evidence (boarding passes and entry stamp), no pictures 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Certainly not for the petition and certainly not for Manila 

Oh, wow. 😕

 

We only had two short visits which is why we wanted to front load. Should we just submit the required docs and leave the rest out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TXBill said:

Oh, wow. 😕

 

We only had two short visits which is why we wanted to front load. Should we just submit the required docs and leave the rest out?

You choice.  The most important is to demonstrate an ongoing and continuing relationship between the filing and interview 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TXBill said:

How many pages total was your I129F?

 

I have about 150 pages and I'm starting to worry that it's too much.

 

We have 20 pages of photos (2 - 4 per page) and 50 pages of chats and emails (we feel that this is important in painting a picture of our relationship).

 

 

Way too many photos. I had two pages of photos and that was too much))). No need to front load petition for Manila. Passport stamps, boarding passes and a page of photos. Anything more like including chats are overkill when it gets forwarded to Manila. At other embassies it is important to front load the petition. Not Manila...

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Oh, wow. 😕

 

We only had two short visits which is why we wanted to front load. Should we just submit the required docs and leave the rest out?

There are guys that have 3 days facetime and are approved with no problem))) Two visits are probably the norm. Not everybody is like payxibka  and me who just love taking those repetitive 20 hour flights))))


Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours was about 50 or so pages. But we had about 10-15 photos placed in a bag attached to page so that cut down on it a lot. What took up the most was passport scans and boarding pass scans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TXBill The TOC for Tinder was a long document and I didn't want to take any chances, so I sent everything.  I probably didn't even need to include it.


Spoiler

 

K1

I-129F Sent: 3/1/19

CSC Received: 3/7/19

NOA1: 3/12/19

NOA2: 5/30/19 (No RFE

NVC Received: 6/21/19

Case Number Assigned: 6/22/19

NVC Left: 7/9/19

Consulate Received: 7/11/19

Interview: 8/15/19

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TXBill said:

How many pages total was your I129F?

 

I have about 150 pages and I'm starting to worry that it's too much.

 

We have 20  (4-6 tops) pages of photos (2 - 4 per page) and 50 pages of chats and emails (we feel that this is important in painting a picture of our relationship).

 

 

4-6 photos printed on bond paper  TOPS.      ZERO chat & email .. Totally over-kill.

 

You need evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years and you are both free to marry  ... THAT IS IT. 

 

Evidence you should submit showing you met in person; copies of boarding passes from flying to and from the Philippines, passport stamp pages, receipts from while in the Philippines, a few photos printed on bond paper.  That is about it.   

 

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html   (about half way down the page for the IO-129F into)


Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

 

 

HandArrow.gif       Visa Process at USEM for the Philippines;  https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/us-embassy-usem.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...