billding

How many pages total was your I129F?

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, TXBill said:

Oh, wow. 😕

We only had two short visits which is why we wanted to front load. Should we just submit the required docs and leave the rest out?

:thumbs:  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
56 minutes ago, boris64 said:

There are guys that have 3 days facetime and are approved with no problem))) Two visits are probably the norm. Not everybody is like payxibka  and me who just love taking those repetitive 20 hour flights))))

I will bet the majority only met in person once before filing.   Two trips (or more) is the exception.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

22 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

4-6 photos printed on bond paper  TOPS.      ZERO chat & email .. Totally over-kill.

You need evidence of meeting in person within the past 2 years and you are both free to marry  ... THAT IS IT. 

Evidence you should submit showing you met in person; copies of boarding passes from flying to and from the Philippines, passport stamp pages, receipts from while in the Philippines, a few photos printed on bond paper.  That is about it.   

https://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/uscis-petition-process.html   (about half way down the page for the IO-129F into)

Got it. Thanks @Hank_

How about a relationship timeline or a brief our story statement? Should we include that?

Edit: how do we show bona fide relationship without the emails and the chat?

Edit: do emails and chat logs really not hold water?

Edited by TXBill

Timeline
9 minutes ago, TXBill said:

Got it. Thanks @Hank_

How about a relationship timeline or a brief our story statement? Should we include that?

Edit: how do we show bona fide relationship without the emails and the chat?

The I-129F does  have a "how you met" section  (Part 2 , 53-54) where they ask for a brief description.  

Bona fide relationship is for at the embassy many months from now ... you will need it, just not now.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

27 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The I-129F does  have a "how you met" section  (Part 2 , 53-54) where they ask for a brief description.  

Bona fide relationship is for at the embassy many months from now ... you will need it, just not now.

So we should just bring the emails and chat logs to the interview instead of including it in the petition?

Timeline
Just now, TXBill said:

So we should just bring the emails and chat logs to the interview instead of including it in the petition?

Exactly!   But only a sampling of the chat logs, and just a few pictures .. a page or two from each month, nothing excessive .. the interview on average is only 3-5 minutes long which doesn't leave much time for reading chat logs  ;)  

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Exactly!   But only a sampling of the chat logs, and just a few pictures .. a page or two from each month, nothing excessive .. the interview on average is only 3-5 minutes long which doesn't leave much time for reading chat logs  ;)  

Got it! Glad to know we don't have to print out hundreds of pages! Thanks Hank! Appreciate it!

2 hours ago, TXBill said:

Oh, wow. 😕

We only had two short visits which is why we wanted to front load. Should we just submit the required docs and leave the rest out?

Im from Philippines as well. Our packet back then had only basic requirements. One photo together and my passport with stamps as evidence that we met within 2years. No chat logs. No call logs. No boarding pass as I had toss it out already.

No worries about 2 short visits. Manila is pretty much known as an easy embassy. 

Met my fiance, now husband back then when I was on a business trip. We had met over one visit and probably 5 days total face time. And we filed K-1 right when I came back to Philippines. We didnt front load. We only supplied the basic requirements and our I-129f was approved without any RFE. My k1 visa was approved on the spot.

Pinoy Ako! ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Copy of every page in my last 3 passports was about 150 pages alone :) I travel a lot for work and I go through 64-page passports under 2 years. My stamps to Thailand were in all passports, so I had to make copy of every single page (as it was recommended here on this forum). Then about 10 pages with copies of boarding passes, printouts with the itineraries, 30 pages with hotel information, 4 pages with photos. So for us probably 200 pages just for the travel evidence, plus the usual forms and other required documents.

Didn't get single RFE and she's got her visa. 

Don't worry about how many pages you have. Make sure that you have whatever is needed.

Edited by Thunderbolt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, TXBill said:

How many pages total was your I129F?

I have about 150 pages and I'm starting to worry that it's too much.

We have 20 pages of photos (2 - 4 per page) and 50 pages of chats and emails (we feel that this is important in painting a picture of our relationship).

I only submitted 10 pictures with my I-129 package. maybe at the most you can submit no more than 20 pictures?? As far as chats and emails, those are only required for the interview if the interviewer even asks for them.  For the actual I-129 package, along with pictures, USCIS wants to see other proof of meeting in person, such as plane tickets, passport stamps, hotel receipts, etc.  I was so anxious before I submitted my package, so I know what you're feeling about wanting the officer to see everything they can possibly see the proof of you and your fiance wanting this so bad.  Of course, maybe a bit more is better than having less. Good luck! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Copy of every page in my last 3 passports was about 150 pages alone :) I travel a lot for work and I go through 64-page passports under 2 years. My stamps to Thailand were in all passports, so I had to make copy of every single page (as it was recommended here on this forum)

Copies of every page of the last three passports are not needed and not recommended on this forum.  All you need for the passport is the current bio page and only the pages with the relevant passport stamps (to visit or travel with the love interest/boyfriend/girlfriend/fiance/fiancee/spouse) abroad that one is petitioning for.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

5-10 pics is all you need.  More isn’t always better.   If you want to get a quick and efficient approval, don’t make your petition too cumbersome.

This is from when we did K-1.

• Payment

• I-129F

• I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person

• G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

• G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

• Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

• Divorce Decree

• Proof of having met in person in the past two years (Plane Ticket, Passport Stamp, Movie tickets, Zoo tickets, and hotel reservation)

• Proof of ongoing relationship (3 pages of chat logs, 5 pictures)

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just my opinion, but I think the use of chat logs is over-rated as much as date imprints on photos.  Anyone can set up chats accounts and make whatever conversion they want just as easy as changing the date on a camera. 

I think boarding passes and passport stamps carry much more weight along with any receipts you have together -- train or plains tickets with seats together, hotel receipts, common passports stamps, etc. This type of evidence often requires government validation which would seem much more valuable than chat logs and date stamps on a photo.   BTW,  my packet was about 60 pages and included lots of documentation about several trips.

Edited by nosleep

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.