dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 10:11 AM, og78 said:

I would call them again and ask when they received your case. 

I will ask my wife to  call them and know whats going on, is it normal that its more than 6 weeks now?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, realmadrid23 said:

I will ask my wife to  call them and know whats going on, is it normal that its more than 6 weeks now?

Many people (including me) received their NVC case number about 3 weeks after NVC received their case from USCIS. But for some people it takes longer. NVC's official timeline is 8 weeks from the date they received your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, GraceJ21 said:

I'm so confused. My spouse and I have her dad as a joint sponsor, and he and his wife file taxes together and live in the same house and share all expenses, so we had my mother in law fill out the i864A, should we not be doing this? 

This is exactly the same situation as us. My wife's (the petitioner) dad is the joint sponsor, therefore he fills out I-864. He files married filing jointly, therefore his wife, fills out I-864A. 

My wife, being the petitioner, also fills out I-864. 

Moreover, in this case, you have to provide W2s for the joint sponsor.  (So glad this forum exists! 😋)

9 minutes ago, gonzolux said:

I resubmitted one document that was not turned the right way on July 29th.  We got Case Complete today!

This is great news ! Fingers crossed then. All the best to u!

Hi everyone. We got our approval letter Aug. 9,2019 vial mail, the USCIS website has no update still “case receive”. Is that normal?? And i just want to as if ask do you guys submit your tax transcripts and w2? Or is it okay just one either the tax transcipts or w2? Can you get a copy of it from IRS immediately after the request?? Thank you the reply.

Timeline
18 hours ago, og78 said:

Many people (including me) received their NVC case number about 3 weeks after NVC received their case from USCIS. But for some people it takes longer. NVC's official timeline is 8 weeks from the date they received your case.

They recieved in last week of July.So its now around 4 weeks now.

Timeline

I called nvc today to see if we had a case number assigned yet. After a 35 min wait, the rep said their systems are down and to call back tomorrow. 

Edited by SASAS

Hi everyone!  Didn’t know this board existed!! So happy to finally be here after going in circles and waiting 1 year for 130 approval. 

NOA2 8/1

NVC received 8/16

No case number yet

USCIS app still says approved, no mention of case sent. 

Patiently waiting! 

On 8/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, jd30 said:

Hi everyone. We got our approval letter Aug. 9,2019 vial mail, the USCIS website has no update still “case receive”. Is that normal?? And i just want to as if ask do you guys submit your tax transcripts and w2? Or is it okay just one either the tax transcipts or w2? Can you get a copy of it from IRS immediately after the request?? Thank you the reply.

You submit one or the other. Tax transcripts are the easiest in my opinion. Create an account with irs online and then you can directly print the transcripts from there in that moment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

How do I scan my marriage certificate and make sure that it is right side up when opening it?  Each time I open it, it opens up horizontal and not vertical?  Please help.

Also, do I just copy my husbands passport foto on a sheet of paper, scan, upload and send?

Will each document need to be scanned seperate?  And how do I make sure that when I upload it, its opened the right way when they get it?  Sorry for so many questions.  

Hi everyone. 

for the main sponsor,

- I-864

- a copy of birth certificate or pasaport

- W-2s and Form 1099 for last 3 years. 

- the proof of domicile

What did you submit for the proof of domicile?

for the joint sponsor, 

- I-864

Are these documents enough? Do I have to have joint sponsor's proof of domicile? 

thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, Emre said:

Hi everyone. 

for the main sponsor,

- I-864

- the proof of domicile

What did you submit for the proof of domicile?

for the joint sponsor, 

- I-864

Are these documents enough? Do I have to have joint sponsor's proof of domicile? 

thanks

In addition to the W2s and 1099s, you do need a copy of the return. It's preferred you use the corresponding tax transcripts, though. Then, you only need a W2 if the joint sponsor filed jointly. 

If you're planning on having any proof of current income, paystubs can double as proof of domicile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.