dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Blair86 said:

Thank you. Congrats to you as well! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that we hear something soon.

yes I really hope its soon

9 hours ago, MrsMRB786 said:

I called everyday some days I thought I was going crazy called over 100 times. Once the phone rang I listen for a  particular recording if I didn’t hear it I hung up. If I did waited on hold for hours. If that person couldn’t help I hung up wait for 4 hours and tried again. I have reasons to keep trying  I don’t know your situation but I really needed to get through to someone who could help me with my situation and it wasn’t easy 

Did they expedite your review under medical circumstances? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, kedked said:

good morning my cc is august 19 I was wonder how long it took for us to get a interview date in Jamaica.

@kedkedYou shud hear from them in about 2 weeks ..im from jamiaca too n it took me 2 weeks after DQ

Timeline
6 minutes ago, dc123 said:

@kedkedYou shud hear from them in about 2 weeks ..im from jamiaca too n it took me 2 weeks after DQ

7 minutes ago, dc123 said:

7 minutes ago, dc123 said:

thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey everyone, I'm filling the DS- 260 and I have a doubt. I stayed with spouse for six months (as long as my B1/B2 allowed me to) last year, should I list this as a previous address? This is what it says in the form: 

Previous addresses should only include those addresses at which you established a residence (for example on campus housing where you lived for an academic term at your college or university) and should not include places at which you were temporarily present (for example a hotel at which you stayed for vacation).

1 hour ago, GraceJ21 said:

Hey everyone, I'm filling the DS- 260 and I have a doubt. I stayed with spouse for six months (as long as my B1/B2 allowed me to) last year, should I list this as a previous address? This is what it says in the form: 

Previous addresses should only include those addresses at which you established a residence (for example on campus housing where you lived for an academic term at your college or university) and should not include places at which you were temporarily present (for example a hotel at which you stayed for vacation).

No, because thats not your physical address. You were there on vacation or temporary stay. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
40 minutes ago, jojotica said:

Submitted July 27th and still no review. Anyone close to this time had their info reviewed yet?

Ugh this whole process is so sad! I’ve had to re submit a form on August 1st and anxiously waiting:( I’ve called NVC yesterday and after being on hold for over an hour they only told me what I already knew! Which is.. they’re working on cases dated July 19 :) lol 😂She was not nice at all, I couldn’t get any information from her! She said what she wanted to say and hung up on me 😳 I believe someone from here got DQ last week and they submitted July 24th... So I’m so confused on how they process cases! I pray our time comes soon!🙏🏼

Edited by OneHappyMamma

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 minutes ago, OneHappyMamma said:

Ugh this whole process is so sad! I’ve had to re submit a form on August 1st and anxiously waiting:( I’ve called NVC yesterday and after being on hold for over an hour they only told me what I already knew! Which is.. they’re working on cases dated July 19 :) lol 😂She was not nice at all, I couldn’t get any information from her! She said what she wanted to say and hung up on me 😳 I believe someone from here got DQ last week and they submitted July 24th... So I’m so confused on how they process cases! I pray our time comes soon!🙏🏼

Can I be nosy and ask why you had to resubmit the form?

I'm still waiting for a case number, but I'm trying to understand what can go wrong, just to be prepared!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pinano said:

Can I be nosy and ask why you had to resubmit the form?

I'm still waiting for a case number, but I'm trying to understand what can go wrong, just to be prepared!

Your doing the right thing, not being nosy just better preparing yourself! I wish I’ve done that I would of been in US by now I think.. lol 😂 

I made a mistake by submitting I-864A form and it needed to be I-864 only for joint sponsor:) We thought a family member belongs in the category as household member but we were wrong!

Be sure to read USCIS gov. site carefully before submitting forms. Good luck to you 👍🏼

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, OneHappyMamma said:

I pray you hear something soon!

It's super crazy. Especially considering if I actually have to resubmit something I won't be done before December.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Your doing the right thing, not being nosy just better preparing yourself! I wish I’ve done that I would of been in US by now I think.. lol 😂 

I made a mistake by submitting I-864A form and it needed to be I-864 only for joint sponsor:) We thought a family member belongs in the category as household member but we were wrong!

Be sure to read USCIS gov. site carefully before submitting forms. Good luck to you 👍🏼

I'm so confused. My spouse and I have her dad as a joint sponsor, and he and his wife file taxes together and live in the same house and share all expenses, so we had my mother in law fill out the i864A, should we not be doing this? 

Edited by GraceJ21

7 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

I'm so confused. My spouse and I have her dad as a joint sponsor, and he and his wife file taxes together and live in the same house and share all expenses, so we had my mother in law fill out the i864A, should we not be doing this? 

I could be wrong but I think the joint sponsor does the i864, so ur  dad. Only people living in the same house does i864a ....but I don't know about how to handle married joint sponsors

Timeline
16 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

We were 💯 sure we submitted the correct forms but we were wrong! Please read the website carefully or ask other members on here to be on the safe side. Good luck 👍🏼 

21 minutes ago, Blair86 said:

I pray you hear something soon!

Thank you so much! Your awesome! 

20 minutes ago, jojotica said:

It's super crazy. Especially considering if I actually have to resubmit something I won't be done before December.

I agree it’s very scary! Best of luck to you too! 

17 minutes ago, GraceJ21 said:

Honestly I suggest you ask friends on here as it’s a bit confusing! My family members live in the same house too but I believe it has to do with filing taxes. If they filed separately or together.. etc... Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.