dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2019

410 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Madison S. said:

Just to be cautious — some country’s extend their own “expiration date” which is listed on the document. For Portugal, this is about 6 months. I’d err on the side of caution and not submit documents that are expired. I’d hate to see someone get a checklist after submitting a document whose expiration date was listed and passed. 

If this is not stated, then I suppose the NVC rule of 1 year should be followed.

I’m on week 10 with no case number or movement with the NVC/Department of State once it arrived. I’ve seen people get theirs in 3-4 weeks, but they say it can really take up to 8 weeks instead of 6 now. I’d prepare your documents, but be prepared to wait. However, it took 12 days for my packet to leave uscis after approval, and then 7 more days to reach the NVC. My status changed to “departed USCIS” on day 12. It said approved up until this point, though I tried the online tracker late relative to my noa2 being issued (May 31 issue to I checked online tracker on June 10). 

On 8/25/2019 at 7:30 PM, Bray said:

Hello All, 

My case status changed "Sent to the Department of State" on August 14 and I was approved on August 2 TSC. I called last Thursday and I was told that it can take up to 6 weeks. Not specific response from the NVC at all. Anybody has experience with this? How long it takes after the status change from Approved to Sent to the Dept of State? 

I was able to call the NVC tonight - My case was received 8/23. Now the wait for the case #. she told me they are currently processing case received as of August 5. 

8 hours ago, Shahzoda said:

Got my DQ Today. Resubmit july 19, and was on supervisor review. And on August 17, i realized that forgot to submit another document-w2 form. And resubmitted on the same day.i thought it would take another 3 weeks if not more, but luckily today everything  was  accepted. I hope Embassy process will be faster, i was here on NVC since May. Good luck to u all🍾🥂

Congratulations!

Resubmitted my husband’s W2s on Aug 7th, still nothing.

My heart is breaking coz my kids arent gonna make it on MD’s first day of school.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally...FINALLY sent in all of our paperwork today and does it feel good. We had our second daughter 1.5m early and have been lost in baby bliss for the past few months. Now I’m just excited to get a case complete (fingers double crossed) and move onto the interview. 

5 hours ago, gonzolux said:

Wow. I had to wait 1.5 hours to reach someone last week. How did you even get ahold of two people?!

I called everyday some days I thought I was going crazy called over 100 times. Once the phone rang I listen for a  particular recording if I didn’t hear it I hung up. If I did waited on hold for hours. If that person couldn’t help I hung up wait for 4 hours and tried again. I have reasons to keep trying  I don’t know your situation but I really needed to get through to someone who could help me with my situation and it wasn’t easy 

Hi, I would like to ask a question.  

We recieved NOA2 in the mail on August 23. NOA2 paper says that our pettion is approved on August 19th, and sent to NVC. But, on the USCIS web site, it still says " Case was received". Does it mean that our cas was sent to NVC or will they send it later? Because, I have read posts and people said that USCIS sent their case 2 or 3 weeks later after approvel.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
10 hours ago, Bray said:

I was able to call the NVC tonight - My case was received 8/23. Now the wait for the case #. she told me they are currently processing case received as of August 5. 

Wishing you the best of luck in hearing back soon -- 'processing cases' can mean a few things though. It can mean after documents are submitted, or for case number creation. Updated weekly dates like these are posted on the NVC website, but operators are frequently not aware of them and based on VJ postings, they don't appear to be accurate. IT could also mean that a case (or some) from that date are being worked on, but not all or the majority. There are still some July people in the forum who don't have numbers (and myself who is a June receipt with no number). I really hope you get your number asap!!! :)

Marriage: 2018-12-28 [in Portugal]

I-130 Sent: 2019-02-24

I-130 NOA1: 2019-03-07

I-130 Approved: 2019-05-31

NVC Received: 2019-06-19 

Case/invoice number assigned: 2019-08-27

IV/AOS fees paid: 2019-08-28

NVC docs submitted: 2019-09-21 

DQ at NVC: 2019-10-08

Interview letter received: 2019-10-24

Interview date: 2019-11-06

Timeline
4 hours ago, Emre said:

Hi, I would like to ask a question.  

We recieved NOA2 in the mail on August 23. NOA2 paper says that our pettion is approved on August 19th, and sent to NVC. But, on the USCIS web site, it still says " Case was received". Does it mean that our cas was sent to NVC or will they send it later? Because, I have read posts and people said that USCIS sent their case 2 or 3 weeks later after approvel.

It will change to "case departed facility" or something like that when it is officially sent to the NVC. This took 12 days for me. Then after that point, it could take another 6 weeks to reach the NVC (though I usually see it in 7-14 days!). I've seen a few people with tracker issues though, where this fails to update. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, dc123 said:

Congratulations! In about 2 weeks time you should get you interview date ..mine took 2 weeks after DQ

good morning my cc is august 19 I was wonder how long it took for us to get a interview date in Jamaica.

14 minutes ago, Madison S. said:

It will change to "case departed facility" or something like that when it is officially sent to the NVC. This took 12 days for me. Then after that point, it could take another 6 weeks to reach the NVC (though I usually see it in 7-14 days!). I've seen a few people with tracker issues though, where this fails to update. 

Thanks for the response. Did you receive your NOA2 in the mail and said that your case is approved and sent to NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:49 PM, Blair86 said:

@Snd @OneHappyMamma

Finally got DQ email today! So I got 2 emails. One said to check ceac I have a message and the other says notice regarding your case becoming documentarily qualified. The message in ceac was just to say the same. 

Case received: 29 May

Case number: 14 June

First submission: 23 June

Resubmission: 18 July

Case escalated to supervisor: 9 August 

CC: 19 August!!!

So about 6 business days after escalating to supervisor for me to hear back. They are working on cases submitted 15 July now so I don’t know if it’s just within normal timeline or if escalating to supervisor helped but I’m thinking it didn’t hurt. Super happy!

hi congrats my cc is august 19 just waiting on interview date as well.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Emre said:

Thanks for the response. Did you receive your NOA2 in the mail and said that your case is approved and sent to NVC?

Yes, I received my NOA2 by mail. Then I began tracking the status on the USCIS portal to see when the packet actually left their facility. To see when NVC physically received it, I had to call the NVC👍

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, kedked said:

hi congrats my cc is august 19 just waiting on interview date as well.

Thank you. Congrats to you as well! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that we hear something soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.