Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Kacey8361 said:

On the CEAC website, when I put my case number in it says “at NVC”. I have already completed the DS-160 and received confirmation email. 

My email was down for 3-4 days last week and I am concerned that I missed an email from them. 

Just to be clear, there is nothing more I need to do at this time? 

If you've gotten your case number from NVC your done with them, all you are waiting for now is shipment.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I finally received the elusive NOA2 today and happy to move on to this group.  No worries @Greenbaum, I promise I will review the PDF no less than 3 times before questioning 😁, thanks for your efforts!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, nosleep said:

I finally received the elusive NOA2 today and happy to move on to this group.  No worries @Greenbaum, I promise I will review the PDF no less than 3 times before questioning 😁, thanks for your efforts!

Dont forget to read the entire thread here and for your country also

2 hours ago, nosleep said:

Funny thing is that it benefits you to do so. But of course we still live in a free country and you can go about your way using and reviewing and ignoring any information out their.

But I sit here day and day out answering questions with links to the source and I do it on all the "months" which their is 6-12 total all the while that I am going through cancer treatments daily. I do it because "you" appreciate the help. I wish you luck in your continued path to a visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

:bonk:  PPL no one can say with any certainty when this will happen or that will happen for you. You are different, your case is different, your embassy is different, you country is different, there is no rhyme or reason to what USCIS will answer or NVC.

BUT, I do try and answer that question in the PDF file on the first page first post. Read the PDF it has everything that takes place during this stage. Everybody is repeating the questions that are already addressed in the PDF. That's why I wrote it!!

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone!  Thanks to Greenbaum and this community for the great sources of information!

I called the NVC yesterday and they said they had the case number. Per the PDF I derived from the case number that the case was assigned on Aug-13 so I'm crossing my fingers that it ships today for the Kazakhstan embassy!

Once we have our interview scheduled my fiancee will travel from Tajikistan to Almaty for the medical and interview while I await nervously here in the US. 

One question I have is about not being over there with her for the interview. I've used up my vacation time this year (to spent time with her) so I wasn't planning on being at the interview but I wanted to see if that's a significant risk?  Do most petitioners attend the embassy interview with their fiances?

NOA2: Jul-22

NVC Case Assigned: Aug-13

42 minutes ago, RichApps said:

Hi Everyone!  Thanks to Greenbaum and this community for the great sources of information!

I called the NVC yesterday and they said they had the case number. Per the PDF I derived from the case number that the case was assigned on Aug-13 so I'm crossing my fingers that it ships today for the Kazakhstan embassy!

Once we have our interview scheduled my fiancee will travel from Tajikistan to Almaty for the medical and interview while I await nervously here in the US. 

One question I have is about not being over there with her for the interview. I've used up my vacation time this year (to spent time with her) so I wasn't planning on being at the interview but I wanted to see if that's a significant risk?  Do most petitioners attend the embassy interview with their fiances?

NOA2: Jul-22

NVC Case Assigned: Aug-13

Each embassy is different. First you have to find out if that is an option. Sometimes it's posted on the embassy's website or you can seek out the sub-forum for your country (blue ribbon above, "forums", scroll 3/4 of the page down and select your area) and search for a thread where your embassy is discussed and ask the veterans or others their what they allow. Does it make a difference you being their or not, I think that it increases the likely hood of a smoother visa approval but this is an opinion only. I was at my wife, but for moral support for her, and it was recognized that I was there and appreciated by the CO.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Miosotty M said:

Hello!!!
In trasito
Thank God closer.

A good birthday present

Me too! im very excited, and curious to see how long time it will take to get my interview at the Swedish embassy! :)

1 minute ago, eborge said:

¡Yo también! ¡Estoy muy emocionado y curioso por ver cuánto tiempo llevará obtener mi entrevista en la embajada sueca!:)

It will be very soon, you'll see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In Transit. 

It also says that my interview date has been scheduled by the NVC

Do i I call them to find out what date? Or do I just wait on the embassy to send me an email?

9 minutes ago, Vine315 said:

En tránsito. 

También dice que la fecha de mi entrevista ha sido programada por el NVC

¿Los llamo para saber en qué fecha? ¿O simplemente espero que la embajada me envíe un correo electrónico?

It is a standard message! For K1 visas we are the ones who schedule appointments, after filling out DS160 and paying the fee.

Edited by Miosotty M

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tajikistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Miosotty M said:

It is a standard message! For K1 visas we are the ones who schedule appointments, after filling out DS160 and paying the fee.

I'm in transit too!  Who hoo!! :) 

My lawyer said to wait until we have the interview date before completing the DS-160.  Are you saying it needs to be completed before we can schedule the appointment? 

I see comments about starting it once we have the case number so I'm ok doing that but I want to make sure we can schedule the appointment before finishing the DS-160.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.