TBoneTX

November 2018 AOS Filers, Part 2

439 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2019 at 4:59 PM, wakeuplittlesuzy said:

Thanks!! I'm hoping for lots of November approvals this week too. Fingers crossed, anyway! This process sure is slow, isn't it? 😂

Hope you two are doing well in the newly obtained Green Card bliss! 💕

We are doing great! Thanks so much! 💜 Planning some trips finally! And my husband has finally been able to apply for some jobs! Hoping for some good news for you guys ASAP! You deserve it!!!! 💜

1 hour ago, Ash&Jaye said:

We are doing great! Thanks so much! 💜 Planning some trips finally! And my husband has finally been able to apply for some jobs! Hoping for some good news for you guys ASAP! You deserve it!!!! 💜

That's wonderful to hear! Wishing him the best of luck! Also, that's so great that you guys will finally be able to take some trips as well. We're looking forward to being able to go visit family in England again once my husband's got his combo card. :jest:

Thanks for the well wishes and positive vibes, by the way! So sweet. 😊

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I always feel so disheartened to hear and read people still not hearing anything from EAD/AP or even having an interview scheduled for GC!

Really glad November inquiry dates are starting from Friday (if my poor math is correct)! Hopefully this will give a bigger focus on getting more approvals from Nov filers still waiting ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I had my AOS interview on 6/20. It went fine and the officer verbally approved me.

But 3 days later I got a RFE for i-693 even though I had submitted my DS-3025.

Anybody here got a RFE for that reason? I am sending my i-693 form back today with results , RFE letter n cover letter. 

Any tips?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 hours ago, A_R said:

Hi,

I had my AOS interview on 6/20. It went fine and the officer verbally approved me.

But 3 days later I got a RFE for i-693 even though I had submitted my DS-3025.

Anybody here got a RFE for that reason? I am sending my i-693 form back today with results , RFE letter n cover letter. 

Any tips?

I've noticed Vegas filers reporting this RFE despite submitting DS-3025. I have a feeling that they will make me redo the medical via the i-693. Many could argue it out after coming on K1 but at the point of my interview I wouldn't care-I'll redo it if they absolutely slam their fists on the table about it.

But to answer your question I don't have any tips sorry. But GOOD LUCK :D 

Edited by jakejon

Got a notification that our GC interview was scheduled at the Boston field office 👍🏻👍🏻 will now have to wait on that letter! 

5 minutes ago, Luna3716 said:

Got a notification that our GC interview was scheduled at the Boston field office 👍🏻👍🏻 will now have to wait on that letter! 

Grats! :D

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Was expecting the Green Card to have been mailed by now (a week later), but it hasn't. Holiday stuff is more than likely slowing it down. I've been in contact with my congressman's office about my tax fiasco and they let me know they are closed on the fourth and fifth. Wouldn't be surprised if various government offices around the US were doing the same.

If anyone remembers, about a month and a half ago I mailed official letters to my senators, congressman, and to Trump about how processing times having increased significantly over the past 9 months and how great it would be to see legislation introduced that would guarantee EAD/AP (just those) for legal immigrants within 90 days of filing. I got a response from one of my senators! You could tell he wasn't going to sponsor any bills about it, but he said he would sign on to a bipartisan letter that has already been introduced that would be an investigation into increased processing times. That was super exciting to hear! I'll probably post the letter later so ya'll can read it.

Not visa related, just a general post about strange things in the US.

Husband and I have just started the process of buying our first house; a nice little 2 bedroom condo. Because of my "short" employment term (even though I've worked for the sister company of my current employer for five years), and my lack of credit score, we had to rely on my husband's income alone, so our mortgage is half of what we -could- have qualified for if these things all carried over.

It's just another thing that frustrates me about immigrating - it's pretty minor, but on top of having to redo all the driving tests and other things we have taken for granted in our respective countries it really boggles my mind that there can't be some international system for credit. On the flip side, at least if you needed a fresh start there, you can have one?

The condo is really nice, if a little dark. The HOAs took me by surprise (I don't think we have anything like them in the UK!) along with all the rules to go with them. But I'm happy to pay them because we have a free pool we can access and I don't want to have to pay for that outright!

Also cell phones. They're so much more expensive here! Especially if you need unlimited data! 

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

8 minutes ago, rrobin0609 said:

Was expecting the Green Card to have been mailed by now (a week later), but it hasn't. Holiday stuff is more than likely slowing it down. I've been in contact with my congressman's office about my tax fiasco and they let me know they are closed on the fourth and fifth. Wouldn't be surprised if various government offices around the US were doing the same.

If anyone remembers, about a month and a half ago I mailed official letters to my senators, congressman, and to Trump about how processing times having increased significantly over the past 9 months and how great it would be to see legislation introduced that would guarantee EAD/AP (just those) for legal immigrants within 90 days of filing. I got a response from one of my senators! You could tell he wasn't going to sponsor any bills about it, but he said he would sign on to a bipartisan letter that has already been introduced that would be an investigation into increased processing times. That was super exciting to hear! I'll probably post the letter later so ya'll can read it.

Sorry to hear about the delay in the EAD - hopefully if it isn't mailed out today it will be done on Friday. Holidays are buggers for messing things up because people take time off around them. Once it's mailed it should arrive no more than two days later.

Also if it helps - our status for the Green Card didn't actually update until the day -after- it was picked up by the postal service. I think that they might be evening collections or drop offs.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Here is the letter I received the other day from one of my senators.

2FGxhKC.jpg

Man, next week can't come soon enough! Based on today's USCIS inquiry date for AP, I think our case will likely be considered outside of normal processing time by possibly Monday or Tuesday. At that point, we can finally submit an official inquiry on our case. Still no news from our senator, so I'm thinking an "out-of-normal-processing times" request for our case my finally get their attention. Although, who knows... USCIS works in mysterious ways. 😂

10.10.2017 - Engagement

12.05.2017 - (K1 Visa) Case was Received

12.06.2017 - NOA1

06.14.2018 - NOA2 (Approved)

07.02.2018 - NVC received

07.03.2018 - NVC case number assigned

07.24.2018 - Left NVC/In Transit (22 days at NVC)

08.08.2018 - Medical

08.22.2018 - Interview (Approved! The whole process took 259 days from start to finish.)

09.08.2018 - POE

10.20.2018 - Marriage

11.14.2018 - (AOS) Case was Received

11.18.2018 - (AOS) Fingerprint Fee was Received

07.24.2019 - "Case Ready for Interview to be Scheduled" (253 days)

07.31.2019 - Green Card interview letter received in the mail (7 days later)

08.29.2019 - Green Card interview (Approved!)

09.03.2019 - New Card Being Produced!

09.07.2019 - Green Card in Hand! (9 days after our interview)

06.23.2021 - Form I-751 Removal of Conditions, Case was Received

06.26.2021 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/4/2019 at 2:13 PM, rrobin0609 said:

Here is the letter I received the other day from one of my senators.

2FGxhKC.jpg

Hey Robin, thanks for posting this! (Not sure I agree with his thoughts on what it is that's going to fix the issues though...) We're in SF so I emailed Nancy Pelosi maybe 3 weeks or a month ago. Nothing in response yet. Just wondering when you first contacted Senator Blunt? 

More generally, today the case inquiry date for AP reached my NOA date, but the EAD date is still at Nov 4. (We're Nov 15.) Should I bother doing an inquiry now, or wait a week or so until it's outside the normal processing time for both? Is the only way to do an inquiry (to the National Benefits Centre) through the website - I can't just call them up? How long do people usually wait to hear back after they do an e-inquiry? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.