AnnaYT

Flying in the U.S. without AOS

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

NY is a sanctuary city, but you never know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Boiler said:

NY is a sanctuary city, but you never know.

But Atlanta isn't.....I wouldn't risk it....just my opinion.

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

But I would not risk presenting a foreign passport with an expired I-94...........I have seen that there is a big ICE sweep coming very soon.

And I can't wait, but we will see exactly how that goes also. Not getting too overly 'excited'.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

3 minutes ago, missileman said:

But I would not risk presenting a foreign passport with an expired I-94...........I have seen that there is a big ICE sweep coming very soon.

Agreed, it's very risky. To clarify, TSA cannot perform an arrest: https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2016/07/03/tsa-myth-busters-do-tsa-officers-arrest-passengers Now, if ICE is in the immediate vicinity, that's a different story.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, AnnaYT said:

Hello everybody,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I got married to an U.S. citizen using the K1 visa about a month ago and soon I want to fly from Atlanta to New York for a few days for vacation reasons and I'd like to know if I have to expect any difficulties since we hadn't filed for adjustment of status yet. Is it necessary to file in order to get on a domestic flight? 

Thanks in advance, 

Anna xx

You have 3 months from entering to file AOS. You can check your I-94 expiry date. Until then you are considered K1 visa holder if you don't file for AOS. Have your passport with you, TSA didn't even look at my visa page when I was flying domestically.

Edited by ineedadisplayname
Correct cbp to tsa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, Roel said:

You can afford vacation, but you're not willing to file and pay for AoS - the only thing that keeps you from being deported? Odd priorities.

I wasnt asking to be judged for this and yes, I can afford a vacation my dad spends for because he has to come to the U.S. for work reasons and wants to see his daughter. 

But thank you to everyone else, you helped quite a bit! :)

Edited by AnnaYT

Timeline

Could you father help with the costs of adjusting?

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

TSA, not CBP

And 90 days if we are being picky.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Its been reported that the CBP will occasionally hang out at the TSA checkpoint.   Never seen this myself but then most if the time I'm racing to catch my flight to even notice 

YMMV

Timeline
US Entry : 2019-02-17

Timeline
20 minutes ago, AnnaYT said:

I wasnt asking to be judged for this and yes, I can afford a vacation my dad spends for because he has to come to the U.S. for work reasons and wants to see his daughter. 

But thank you to everyone else, you helped quite a bit! :)

If there is an advantage to delaying filing for AOS, especially when out of status, I would like to be enlightened........I know of no good reason to wait.......and I certainly don't know why someone would risk deportation.......good luck....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, missileman said:

If there is an advantage to delaying filing for AOS, especially when out of status, I would like to be enlightened........I know of no good reason to wait.......and I certainly don't know why someone would risk deportation.......good luck....

Avoiding ROC?  But the reward doesn't outweigh the risk.

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Avoiding ROC?  But the reward doesn't outweigh the risk.

OK.....good point......agree that the risk is too great......and all the other things that come along with being in limbo.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Roel said:

You can afford vacation, but you're not willing to file and pay for AoS - the only thing that keeps you from being deported? Odd priorities.

When did OP say that she was not willing to file and pay for AOS? She never mentioned her priorities, she just asked if she could travel.

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.