moreadore

7 Months later- Issued

17 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, moreadore said:

After 7 whole months of AP with no updates whatsoever, our case finally changed to issued today. 

Countless useless inquires made by senators and a congressman did nothing. In May we hired a very competent lawyer who obviously did something right as suddenly we were asked to submit a new reaffirmation letter and for my fiance to redo his medical which had expired in April. So yes, lawyers do in fact work. 

Only 7 business days later our status changed to issued. Never once did we flop between ready, received, AP etc etc. 

issued.jpg

Congratulations 

Congrats!  Sounds like you got a good lawyer.  A lot of us who did hire lawyers have had varying degrees of success in finding competent ones.  Our lawyer was useless and ended up delaying us for 6+ weeks.   I didn't hire him again for subsequent procedures.  

Best wishes on your brand new life together :)

28 minutes ago, moreadore said:

suddenly we were asked to submit a new reaffirmation letter and for my fiance to redo his medical which had expired in April

That's a standard procedure for cases that are in AP for a long time.

. So yes, lawyers do in fact work. 

Maybe, maybe not. Congrats on your visa, but just saying - lawyer had no real way of affecting AP processing time or embassy's background checks. ;) Pure coincidence here. That's important to note here, or every person who's stuck in AP will be hiring lawyers and then be disappointed that nothing happened.

Edited by Roel

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doubt the lawyer did anything,  since congress persons can't even make an embassy do anything, so how would some little lawyer? Congrats though.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Wonder how much they charged for that miracle :D

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Bunch of brick walls in here. Arguing points that aren't being made? Okay. Maybe results may vary because of background checks for other people and perhaps in our case they really did mess up and delay our case for an invalid reason and uh last I checked my congressman wouldn't represent me in court but my lawyer would hence the results with a lawyer vs a federal representative. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Ann&James said:

Congratulations 

I read your story last week and all I can say is your lawyer did an amazing job. Congratulations! We will definitely hire him/her if we should face any glitches during this journey of ours.

Once again, Congratulations to you and your fiancé! 👏🏽👏🏽

Huge congrats honey I’m so happy your agony is finally over!!! Who cares how it’s now issued!! Much love to you both!!! 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

5 hours ago, moreadore said:

After 7 whole months of AP with no updates whatsoever, our case finally changed to issued today. 

Countless useless inquires made by senators and a congressman did nothing. In May we hired a very competent lawyer who obviously did something right as suddenly we were asked to submit a new reaffirmation letter and for my fiance to redo his medical which had expired in April. So yes, lawyers do in fact work. 

Only 7 business days later our status changed to issued. Never once did we flop between ready, received, AP etc etc. 

issued.jpg

So pleased for you both - please let us know when it’s in hand and the flight is booked!!! 🙌🏻

So so pleased for you!! We were interviewed around the same time and I can't even try to understand the emotions you guys must have been going through! 

I wish you lots of luck for everything going forward! 

I am so happy for you! This was too long in the making. 

Now the real fun begins.

Did you ever get any concrete answer on just what the heck happened? 

Did the lawyer give you any insight as to what they did to get this towards resolution or is it all some big trade secret?

I just wanna know what happened, but I'm sure you and fiance want to know more than anyone :P

Congrats!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.