PistachioRose

Fiance Visa vs Spouse Visa for Pakistan

59 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 minutes ago, PistachioRose said:

I know many people paint a pretty picture with no intent to stay married once they get here. It is not that I don't understand the definition of the word serial. It is just when you label me as a person serial marrying Pakistani people to immigrate that is not the truth. I married and had real relationships. There were gaps between the marriages as well. I know why it may look bad but I want to gather advice on how to prepare myself.

Not sure why u r offended by a word. You are about to embark on your third marriage from a high fraud country with children. Are you from Pakistan? You are the older woman. How long have you been together? To avoid issues you need to be in this relationship for a long period of time before filing. A short engagement to marriage will raise red flags. You forget older women, younger men petitions are scrutinized heavier. 

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pinkrlion said:

Not sure why u r offended by a word. You are about to embark on your third marriage with children. Are you from Pakistan? You are the older woman. How long have you been together? To avoid issues you need to be in this relationship for a long period of time before filing. 

Is three years long enough? We have met twice and stayed together in his home with family in separate rooms. I slept in the room with his sister. We had an engagement. I stayed 21 days and 30 days on two occasions with a six month happy between the two. Planning another visit in a few months to stay a month. I am debating to marry or to kit marry. He thinks the fiance Visa is easier for us but I believe we better marry and do the Spouse visa. He says I can love there but the children would have to relocate and they do not want to at the moment. I am trying to make things work for all of us. He has strong ties in his country because he is an imam and runs an Islamic center. So he would prefer to live therem it is not convenient for him to leave Pakistan. His mother is a widow and he worries about leaving her as well. He is relocating because it is he best way for us both. If there had been no kids it may have been eaiser for me to relocate to Pakistan. I am Muslim and he is Muslim also. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

With the history, personally I think CR-1 (spouse visa) is the better choice.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

21 minutes ago, PistachioRose said:

I know many people paint a pretty picture with no intent to stay married once they get here. It is not that I don't understand the definition of the word serial. It is just when you label me as a person serial marrying Pakistani people to immigrate that is not the truth. I married and had real relationships. There were gaps between the marriages as well. I know why it may look bad but I want to gather advice on how to prepare myself.

I personally think you’re focussing too much on inferring/caring what people on here think of your situation. I don’t think it’s our place to judge you - so I honestly don’t think you need to worry that people are labelling you.

You’ve said it’s not the case that you’re ‘a person serial marrying Pakistani people to immigrate’ - but actually, if you marry 3 Pakistani citizens and petition for them to immigrate...then actually, just reading the words on the screen and without placing inference on them, that is what you are. HOWEVER! The important part of this is the intent - WHY you’ve married them - and if the reason ISN’T so they can immigrate and IS because it’s a genuine bona fide relationship, that’s what you’ll need to display, really clearly, in your application. 

Please note, I’m not saying your relationship isn’t completely genuine - I have zero reason to believe it’s not - but the embassy will need a lot of convincing, because they will have to get over that first hurdle, that on paper this is the third time, from the same country. Good luck - I hope you’ll be able to gather all the evidence and that everything works out 🙏.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 hours ago, PistachioRose said:

I feel offended by the "serial" comment.

The circumstances of each situation is unknown to you.

Ok, can you elaborate on what could happen?

Not an offensive statement is meant here /  my opinion 

we look at the way immigration sees things and only what they have done in the past

OP as far as marriage and CR1 ,  have you met him face to face?

it is never advisable to marry on the 1st trip

and it would require several trips to establish a solid relationship /also  what we have seen in the past

one member LOVETOTEACH (Pakistan)  has made over 5 tirps and is still denied at this point for her husband / she also had bought former husband into the US 

the best place for you to find out information is to read the portal for Pakistan and take the best advice from others in that country

Timeline
1 hour ago, PistachioRose said:

Well you are just being plain rude.

If we offend you,   you can call USCIS and ask the what they think

Timeline
1 hour ago, PistachioRose said:

Well you are just being plain rude.

Truly if you think your case is strong ,  marry and do the application

it is up to the embassy to decide / not us

9 years is not that much / we have a bigger difference 

i would worry more about the multiple divorces 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, PistachioRose said:

He thinks the fiance Visa is easier for us

That's a strange statement, imo.  Why would he think that?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 hours ago, PistachioRose said:

Ok, so either way I have my work cut out for me. I understand that it may be hard but hopefully not impossible. Does marrying someone from another country also become harder in a situation as such?

If you’ve already been through this twice in the last decade, you must be aware of some of the issues being pointed out to you?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

Isn’t there some kind of issue with filing more than two K1s? Waiver needed, or something like that?

i believe it is the 3rd that a waiver is needed, yes.

OP - CR1 is always easier than a K1, especially from high fraud countries. Your fiance is incorrect.

Also, being on spouse #3 from there, i would think you would be better aware of the issues you face.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

28 minutes ago, missileman said:

That's a strange statement, imo.  Why would he think that?  

I wondered too.

Also if he is so close to his family, congregants etc wouldn’t he rather celebrate the wedding with them in attendance than in the US? It sounds like his mother may not be able to travel, surely he wants her there.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.