2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Martacz said:

Ugh I just got off the phone with USCIS and they confirmed my interviews is going to be held in Dallas. The closest office is San Antonio but since the mailing address I use is closer to Dallas, it’s going to be Dallas. Welp... at least he said my case is moving forward surprisingly fast and it might mean that the interview is going to be scheduled soon as well. But we’ll see.. :) 

Congrats!!

And you can actually ask USCIS about your case's process??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Violax said:

Congrats!!

And you can actually ask USCIS about your case's process??

Yes, you can. I'm not sure what information they will provide you with over the phone but the officer told me that my application is ready for an interview (used some complex wording :D which was different from "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview") and that the last action was taken on July 11th (which I was able to see on my myuscis account as well). The officer was very nice and answer the question to which I haven't found an answer on their website - that the interview is set up based on your mailing address and not your actual address. After making some research I came to the conclusion that the only way to survive this process is to chill out big time - lots of folks that were having an interview in Dallas were waiting for more than a year to have it scheduled after the status: "ready for an interview" showed up. 💩

I-751 ROC

11/08/2021 - I-751 application sent to USCIS through FedEx

11/12/2021 - Documents received by USCIS

11/15/2021 - Text message informing of receipt notice being sent in mail

11/16/2021 - Bank account charged for I-751 form and biometrics

AOS

05/02/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application mailed to USCIS (priority mail with USPS)

05/04/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application delivered

05/09/2019 - "Your case was received" texts with the receipts' numbers

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Case was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint fee was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/14/2019 - NOA1 letters received in mail (NOA1 date: 05/09/2019)

05/24/2019 - Biometrics letter received (NOA2 date: 05/17/2019)

06/05/2019 - Completed biometrics 

06/06/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint review was completed" (MyUSCIS)

07/11/2019 - Case status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" (MyUSCIS)

12/23/2019 - Case status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled”

12/30/2019 - Interview Notice letter received in mail

01/30/2020 - Interview 👫📚

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" (MyUSCIS)

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "Case Was Approved" (MyUSCIS)

02/04/2020 - Case status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/05/2020 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

Expedited AP

07/18/2019 - Called USCIS (800 375-5283) to expedite the process of AP issuance based on family emergency

07/22/2019 - An email from USCIS requesting additional information

07/23/2019 - Requested documents sent back to USCIS via fax (took an hour to go through) 

07/26/2019 - Escalated an expedite request to USCIS Tier 2 (no e-mail confirming receipt of docs);

Service request submitted by Tier 2 to NBC; response to be received by 08/10/2019

08/01/2019 - E-mail from NBC confirming that my "application has been approved and submitted for processing"

08/02/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "New Card is Being Produced"

08/03/2019 - Case status changed on AP and EAD to "Case Was Approved"

08/05/2019 - I-797 NOA received in mail ("We have approved you application for an Advance Parole Document")

08/05/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

08/06/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

08/08/2019 - Combo EAD/AP card in hand 🎉 🍾🥂👩‍💼

08/08/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Martacz said:

Yes, you can. I'm not sure what information they will provide you with over the phone but the officer told me that my application is ready for an interview (used some complex wording :D which was different from "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview") and that the last action was taken on July 11th (which I was able to see on my myuscis account as well). The officer was very nice and answer the question to which I haven't found an answer on their website - that the interview is set up based on your mailing address and not your actual address. After making some research I came to the conclusion that the only way to survive this process is to chill out big time - lots of folks that were having an interview in Dallas were waiting for more than a year to have it scheduled after the status: "ready for an interview" showed up. 💩

Thanks for your reply. 

My field office is Santa Ana and seems like it works very slowly...

I will give it a little more time before I start bugging them haha.

Good luck and please share your interview experience!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, etapia said:

Does anyone know of any sample letters on expediting an ead due to death?  My husbands father passed away suddenly due to cancer and we requested for an expedite because his mother is not able to financially take care of the home on her own and she is also sick and they are awaiting biopsy results. His son's mother in the Dominican is not working and is now pregnant by her husband who is also not working. Do we need a elongated letter explaining this or can we just send the death certificate and a few bullet points of how this is affecting us financially?  Please help as I am loss on how to write this letter to USCIS.

So he wants expedited EAD so he can work and send money back ?

Or did you mean AP so he can go back and help take care of the family ?

37 minutes ago, John951 said:

So he wants expedited EAD so he can work and send money back ?

Or did you mean AP so he can go back and help take care of the family ?

He wants to work and send some money back to help

So, we finally called on 7/24 to ask why we still haven't received the biometrics appointment notice. At this point, it's been 69 days since our NOA1 and we just wanted to know if the letter was actually sent but lost in the mail, or was never actually sent, etc. After being on hold for almost 45 minutes, all they told us was that they'll open a service request and basically to call back in 2 weeks if we don't hear anything from them.

Well, today (7/27), I decided to check Informed Delivery (at this point, I'm just getting sick of waiting and physically opening our mailbox to find nothing) and I was so excited to see a letter from USCIS. I definitely thought it was the appointment notice, but unfortunately, it's just about the service request we opened. For a second there, they got me thinking that they actually work faster on the case after you open a service request... 🤦‍♀️

Anyway, according to the letter:

"Biometrics appointments are scheduled based upon set protocols related to each application/petition and/or their associated processing times. You will be scheduled for and be notified of an appointment at the appropriate time."

So, that basically means they haven't even thought about scheduling us. I honestly don't know what's taking so long because we haven't received anything from them since NOA1, not even a RFIE/RFE. I'm just dying to know what's holding them back from scheduling us.

05/10/2019: I-485, I-130, I-765, & I-131 sent via USPS Priority Mail

05/13/2019: Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/2019: NOA received for all 4 applications via text message

05/17/2019: Checks cleared

05/21/2019: NOA1 letters received via mail (Notice Date: 05/16/2019)

09/20/2019: Biometrics appointment notice received via mail (Notice Date: 09/13/2019)

09/30/2019: Biometrics appointment

10/12/2019: RFE letter received via mail (Notice Date: 10/09/2019)

11/05/2019: RFE response sent via USPS Priority Mail

11/07/2019: Package delivered to NBC

11/30/2019: NOA2 letters for I765 & I131 received via mail (Notice Date: 11/26/2019) = Approved!

12/03/2019: EAD/AP combo card + SS card received via mail

12/06/2019: Interview appointment notice received via mail (Notice Date: 11/29/2019)

01/08/2020: Interview appointment

01/13/2020: NOA2 letters for I485 & I130 received via mail (Notice Date: 01/09/2020) = Approved!

01/15/2020: Green card received via mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Good day to all May AOS filers! 

New to this topic

my husband and I are in need for all this paperwork and waiting to be over. 

Case recieved May 6th

Biometrics Appt May 30th 

Our field office in Mount Laurel, NJ 

But our notice of actions are from Lee's Summit, MO

And we are waiting. Case status online says fee was received. No updates 😭

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Belle + Leo said:

I'm just dying to know what's holding them back from scheduling us.

I am going to make a wild guess that, because the biometrics appointment / collection receipt is the "gatekeeper" for requests to expedite EAD/AP, that the volume of spurious expedite requests exceeds the ability for USCIS to process cases. So, USCIS is essentially limiting the flow of applicants that could viably send a request to expedite by citing set protocols as a delay mechanism so that they can clear out some backlog for expedite requests. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
19 hours ago, Kely&Jose said:

Our field office in Mount Laurel, NJ 

But our notice of actions are from Lee's Summit, MO

That's normal. All AP & EAD applications for AOS from a K-1 are processed at the National Benefits Center in Missouri, and the initial processing for AOS from a K-1 is done there too. It doesn't get to your local field office until they're done.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We're now on day 81 of waiting without a biometrics appointment.  Dave called again today and asked to be elevated to a Tier 2 Rep and after the typical few hours of waiting, he got a call.  He said the woman seemed pretty annoyed that we've been calling and didn't give us any new information.  She just told him he was well within processing times.  He tried to say that we've been told several times the biometrics appointment should arrive within 30 days of the NOA1 but she just wasn't having it and refused to comment on why our case might be taking longer.  Feeling so discouraged :( 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
53 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

We're now on day 81 of waiting without a biometrics appointment.  Dave called again today and asked to be elevated to a Tier 2 Rep and after the typical few hours of waiting, he got a call.  He said the woman seemed pretty annoyed that we've been calling and didn't give us any new information.  She just told him he was well within processing times.  He tried to say that we've been told several times the biometrics appointment should arrive within 30 days of the NOA1 but she just wasn't having it and refused to comment on why our case might be taking longer.  Feeling so discouraged :( 

Go contact your congressman (your House of Representatives rep for your district) and explain the situation/fill out their authorization form to 'look' into the issue on your behalf :) No reason in feeling discouraged! The more we complain to congressional members, the more likelihood something *might* happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm a May 2019 AOS filer too and, as many others over here, I've been waiting 69 days and did not receive any biometrics appointment letter. On June 28 (a little over a month after USCIS received our AOS papers) I called USCIS explaining my concern about not getting the appointment letter and the only thing they said they could do was submitting a service request, so they did that for me. Of course other 30 days had almost passed and I did not receive an answer so I decided to call again July 25. The guy over the phone said that nothing had been done after my service request (I think he meant that nobody has even looked at it) but he also explained that the reason why I am not receiving the appointment for biometrics could be that USCIS could use some of my old biometrics (I guess the ones they have on record from the consulate or maybe the POE?). So I'm just hoping that he's right but it's definitely super frustrating not knowing if the case is moving forward or not. I thought I'd share this for the ones of you that are in the same situation as me. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Stefannievs said:

Hello everyone. Minutes earlier I went to check my status like not expecting anything when I read YOUR INTERVIEW HAS BEEN SCHEDULED. I was with my mom ( she is visiting from Perú) And I screamed crying with her. Best news ever because finally I will be able to work, to study to visit my family in my country. Soooo happy. I know you Will get it soon tooo. Waiting to see when is my INTERVIEW and where. My office is st albans vermont. Good luck to everyoneeee

I am so happy for you, congratulations!! When did you file and completed biometrics appointment? Keep us posted! ☺️

I-751 ROC

11/08/2021 - I-751 application sent to USCIS through FedEx

11/12/2021 - Documents received by USCIS

11/15/2021 - Text message informing of receipt notice being sent in mail

11/16/2021 - Bank account charged for I-751 form and biometrics

AOS

05/02/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application mailed to USCIS (priority mail with USPS)

05/04/2019 - AOS/EAD/AP application delivered

05/09/2019 - "Your case was received" texts with the receipts' numbers

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Case was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/09/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint fee was received" (MyUSCIS)

05/14/2019 - NOA1 letters received in mail (NOA1 date: 05/09/2019)

05/24/2019 - Biometrics letter received (NOA2 date: 05/17/2019)

06/05/2019 - Completed biometrics 

06/06/2019 - Case status changed to "Fingerprint review was completed" (MyUSCIS)

07/11/2019 - Case status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" (MyUSCIS)

12/23/2019 - Case status changed to “Interview Was Scheduled”

12/30/2019 - Interview Notice letter received in mail

01/30/2020 - Interview 👫📚

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced" (MyUSCIS)

01/31/2020 - Case status changed to "Case Was Approved" (MyUSCIS)

02/04/2020 - Case status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02/05/2020 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

Expedited AP

07/18/2019 - Called USCIS (800 375-5283) to expedite the process of AP issuance based on family emergency

07/22/2019 - An email from USCIS requesting additional information

07/23/2019 - Requested documents sent back to USCIS via fax (took an hour to go through) 

07/26/2019 - Escalated an expedite request to USCIS Tier 2 (no e-mail confirming receipt of docs);

Service request submitted by Tier 2 to NBC; response to be received by 08/10/2019

08/01/2019 - E-mail from NBC confirming that my "application has been approved and submitted for processing"

08/02/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "New Card is Being Produced"

08/03/2019 - Case status changed on AP and EAD to "Case Was Approved"

08/05/2019 - I-797 NOA received in mail ("We have approved you application for an Advance Parole Document")

08/05/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

08/06/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" (CaseTracker); tracking number provided

08/08/2019 - Combo EAD/AP card in hand 🎉 🍾🥂👩‍💼

08/08/2019 - Case status changed on EAD to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.