HarryHonolulu

Green card purgatory

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
9 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

It’s a talent based green card for “aliens of extraordinary ability“. 

I do not have experience with this. But I am curious, if you're  kind and willing to tell,  what extraordinary ability did you  file under/ what basis? 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Timona said:

I do not have experience with this. But I am curious, if you're  kind and willing to tell,  what extraordinary ability did you  file under/ what basis? 

I am curious too but I am sure it has nothing to do with current administration. EB 1 needs a solid case and Rfes are common.

Some people despise lawyers, dont take it personally.  Since a company isn't filing for you, you are right to hire a lawyer.  

I'm not sure if they're common or not overall for your visa type or more common now than before.  Hopefully you saw the back side of it thought.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

7 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Some people despise lawyers, dont take it personally.  Since a company isn't filing for you, you are right to hire a lawyer.  

I'm not sure if they're common or not overall for your visa type or more common now than before.  Hopefully you saw the back side of it thought.  

“Saw the back side of it” ?

12 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

“Saw the back side of it” ?

The reverse side of the RFE document.

8 hours ago, NikLR said:

And some people secretly (or not) enjoy  fueling someone’s anxiety, especially on the internet. “You should have done this not that”; “oh gosh that doesn’t sound too good does it”; “well I really hope it works out but it does sound concerning”.

It’s this weird cyber schadenfreude. Humans, man. Weird bunch.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline
12 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

Am I being asked if I read both sides of the document sent to me by USCIS ?

No, they mean it's hopefully done and dusted now that you answered the RFE.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, HarryHonolulu said:

And some people secretly (or not) enjoy  fueling someone’s anxiety, especially on the internet. “You should have done this not that”; “oh gosh that doesn’t sound too good does it”; “well I really hope it works out but it does sound concerning”.

This is a site where the members are honest, like it or not. No one is here to sugar coat things to make people feel better, it's all about reality.

1 hour ago, HarryHonolulu said:

Am I being asked if I read both sides of the document sent to me by USCIS ?

No.. as in saw the last of it.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
18 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

yes most of my friends have gone through her and all had successful petitions

they are all in my field and do pretty much exactly what i do

this was pre-trump

What does pre-trump have to do with anything? Leave the president out of this because it is at the sole discretion of the uscis officer on your case whether or not you should be recommended for the status or not. Your lawyer can send in a million pieces of paperwork, but if hasnt satisfied the reviewing officer...you're out of luck.

Edited by AnnaMaria
6/24/2014 - I-130 Shipped via UPS to Chicago

6/26/2014 - I-130 Received and signed for at USCIS

7/1/2014 - E-mail of acceptance with Receipt number - NoA 1 (Routed to California Service Center)

07/15/2014 - Change of Address via phone call with USCIS, confirmation via e-mail.

7/30/2014 - I-130 Approved at USCIS - NoA 2 E-mail

08/13/2014 - NVC Received Approved I-130 package from USCIS

08/21/2014 - Case Number and IIN created at NVC

08/25/2014 - Case Number and IIN received via phone call. DS-261 Available and completed online.

8/26/2014 - AoS Fee invoiced and paid online.

8/28/2014 - AoS Invoice status PAID

09/04/2014 - Expedite Request response - Must enter Beneficiary Date of Birth - Re-sent exact e-mail with requested info

09/10/2014 - Expedite Request e-mail received as "Under Review"

09/11/2014 - Expedite Request Approved - Confirmation via e-mail from U.S. Embassy in Bucharest, Romania

09/16/2014 - Embassy Received Case from NVC

09/16/2014 - Received E-mail from Embassy to Schedule our Interview and prepare documents

9/23/2014 - Medical Exam at Regina Maria - Results OK

10/01/2014 - Visa Approved!

10/03/2014 - Received Passport with Visa!

11/2/2104 - PoE Atlanta - Welcome to the US!

11/5/2014 - Paid $165 ELIS Fee

8/1/2016 - I-751 Packet sent in for Removal of Conditions!

8/15/2016 - Notice of Action 1 for I-751 - California Service Center

9/29/2016 - Received Biometrics Appointment

18 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

well you're kind of pouring salt in the wound, not sure why you would lean towards questioning everything this lawyer (or I) have done instead of looking at the more positive aspects e.g. that RFEs are not doom and despair and that from what I have read they are increasingly common in Trumpland.

People are questioning your lawyer's actions because of the way you wrote your post... Words/phrases like "top lawyer", "99% success rate", "Trumpland" tend to rub people the wrong way.  

BTW- If you don't like Trumpland, why are you trying so hard to get residency?  My suggestion is to forget Trumpland and go back to your country.  You'll be much happier.  I'm sure your country's president (or dictator) is a swell guy.

2 minutes ago, Eric-Pris said:

People are questioning your lawyer's actions because of the way you wrote your post... Words/phrases like "top lawyer", "99% success rate", "Trumpland" tend to rub people the wrong way.  

BTW- If you don't like Trumpland, why are you trying so hard to get residency?  My suggestion is to forget Trumpland and go back to your country.  You'll be much happier.  I'm sure your country's president (or dictator) is a swell guy.

I am out. thanks for the advice everybody. sorry if i rubbed anyone the wrong way.

3 hours ago, HarryHonolulu said:

do you dislike the message or the delivery 

People are trying to help, as others have said, sometimes the delivery is lacking in compassion, but read thru the part you don't like and get to the gist of the response, it will be easier to get the message without undo angst. 

Immigration is not for the easily offended, take a breath, assimilate the responses and deal with the RFE, good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
22 hours ago, cd37 said:

I am curious too but I am sure it has nothing to do with current administration. EB 1 needs a solid case and Rfes are common.

Guess we will never know as he did not answer.  I wish he had. I may also have qualified.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.